“Simple but great value for money”

Le Meridien Fairway
Ranked #249 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've stayed here regularly when passing through Dubai. Most recent visit was with my wife as well. The Meridien Fairway is close to the airport with easy connections by taxi and only three minutes walk from Gigico Metro Station which is only one or two stops from the Airport depending on what terminal you arrive at. The metro is also great for getting about the city. The hotel is simple and does not have the frills of the main Meridiens in Dubai. But you can use all the facilities of the Meridien Airport and the Fairway lays on a complimentary car to take you back and forth. Rooms are good and clean, staff helpful and attentive, and the whole package is fantastic value for money for Dubai. Around the hotel, in very close walking distance, are great Indian and Lebanese restaurants, also Japanese, American and Iranian which we did not try. Irish Village is also only a ten minute walk if you want a drink. Really recommend this as a cheap alternative to the bigger and brasher Dubai hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for having taken the time to post your review on TripAdvisor We are delighted to know you and your wife had a wonderful time at our hotel and enjoyed the amenities on offer.

We are glad you found the hotels location to be very convenient. As you mention, the hotel is ideally located within close proximity to the GIGICO Metro station. The metro is linked to some of the major Malls & tourist attractions in Dubai and is an ideal way to commute in around.

Thank you for your personal recommendation. We look forward to welcome you and your family soon again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

All the hotels in Dubai offer the same amenities to make your stay a pleasant one. However, the major diiference between hotels is the service provide to the guests; here is where Le Meriden Fairway excells every time, all the time. The rating is 10 out of 10, from all the hotels we have stayed in the past (Paris, Vienna, Madrid, Rome, Prague, etc.) Le Meridien is the best!

Room Tip: For couples we recommend the deluxe room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. It’s always a pleasure to read when our guests have a fabulous stay with us. I am delighted by your kind words, particularly on the service provided by our ambassadors. This makes me feel very proud of my team.

Thank you once again for your excellent satisfaction ratings. We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed in the sister hotel in Dubai a number of times, although this hotel has a 4* rating it surpassed all my expectations. The staff are amazing, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The manager personally assisted me, he's a real gentleman and performs his duty way above his pay grade.
The Marina Suite is beautifully appointed, ideal for that romantic getaway or that special business trip, very quite, elegant and more than anything comfortable, very comfortable superb bed, couldn't fault it, you will love it.!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for the city view, if the budget allows, it has to be a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted had a wonderful time at our hotel and enjoyed the amenities on offer. It's great to hear you truly enjoyed the suite and we appreciate your kind comments about our ambassadors.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

After a 12+ hour flight, I was ready to check into my hotel. Unfortunately, the location of Le Meridien online is not where it actually is and there are 2 Le Meridiens in Dubai. My driver took me to the wrong one. I don't understand why they could not find my reservation, even when a person from the Le Meridien by the airport (the wrong one) called the Fairway property. Thus, it took over an hour for my prepaid reservation to be found, which was not what a tired, cranky person wants. The hotel staff didn't want to appear to have a long line at check-in, so I was told to sit to the side, in the lobby seating area, and the other people walked in and right up to check-in while I sat there looking at them with a dumbfounded look on my face of "surely you didn't tell me to sit here and wait so that then you could help people walking in after me..." That I definitely did not like. If you're told to sit and wait before check-in, just make sure nobody else comes in after you and gets to walk up and check in.

The room itself was lovely. The only thing that looked a bit off was that some of the fixtures were worn looking. The room had lovely fittings/fixtures to appear brass, but the top layer of finish has flaked off. That detracts from the look a bit of the knobs and faucets. There was mold in the caulk in the sink.

The room, however, was very nice. The furnishings were nice, the room itself seemed almost opulent. It was walking distance to a Chili's just a couple minutes walk from the hotel--not authentic local cuisine but when you're hungry, it's fine. The bathroom was spacious, the bed very comfy, the noise level very low--it was a quiet room. I had to check out SUPER early and had room service breakfast delivered at an absurdly early hour. The food was delicious and there was SO much of it. I got strawberry pancakes, the presentation of which was excellent, and a fruit plate that was brimming over with a wide variety of fresh fruit.

At check out, the person picking me up was late as he couldn't find the hotel, what with google maps having the wrong location. The hotel staff at that hour was very helpful and nice. All and all, I would stay at this hotel again in an instant, just now knowing where it is and not to sit to the side before check-in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost my sincere apologies for the rather frustrating first impression for not being able to give you the room in time and in appropriate standard. We always try our best to give guest their room without any delay and if we have room before that time.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, found the rooms to be spacious & comfortable and that our ambassadors were helpful in assisting you during your stay.

I would sincerely request you to return to stay with us and allow us to correct any impression we have erroneously left in your thoughts. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at joseph.marconi@lemeridien.com.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

yes < the main things every guests look for in the place he shloud to stay in during his vacation , in meridien fairway i spent one of my best holidays in dubai that i found everything available startingfrom the housekeeping till the manager < all of them work their best to make my stayment were quiet , happy hospitality and high profissinonal mangment from mr. joseph whom care with every guest to solv any problem may expected , it's my good luck when i couldn't make my reservation with another 5 star hotel to discover this nice and reasnable hotel's rates which ade me to decied comming allways to meridien fairway dubai .

Room Tip: while my stayment was in regular king bedroom was very comfortable then i expected any room will be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. It is indeed very heartening to know that you have had a memorable experience and enjoyed the overall product and ambience of the hotel.

We were very pleased to note that you found our ambassadors to be one of the key distinguishing features of the hotel, finding everyone to be competent, friendly and always attentive to your needs. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share them personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed two nights. Transport from airport was very good, check efficient, room clean and more then expected. Amenities good, service excellent and staff extremely helpful . next stay in Dubai will at the Le Meridien Fairway, a very good hotel and conveniently located. For business travelers transiting Dubai, a good choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dorvin S
LeMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Tripadvisor. We are happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavor to give to all our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Fairway in the near future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We are frequent guests of Le Meridien Fairway. I am confident to say that travelers will be hard pressed to experience the extremely high quality of customer service at a better value. We have been staying at this hotel for a number of years (can’t remember how many it’s been so long) and the service just keeps getting better every time. The management must be quite good as the staff has remained unchanged for the most part throughout all the years we have stayed at Fairway, from reception to housekeeping.

I reviewed the guest rooms before. This review is one for the 2 bdrm suite. Many times the manager has recommended this suite to us in the past. This time we decided to follow his recommendation. Now in retrospect we should have a long time ago. The suite has two large bdrms and baths. The master bathroom is huge with a separate shower and bath. The living room is also quite large complete with a breakfast nook and dining table & chairs. There is a half bath just off the living room area which was great. Our family thoroughly enjoyed the extra space. Because the suite is at the end of the building you have great views (a golf course, Deira City Center, and the hotel pool).

As usual check in was smooth and our suite was ready. Our bags were swiftly delivered to our room. On this visit we ate breakfast in the hotel buffet restaurant which faces the pool and allows guests to enjoy a sunny breakfast. The restaurant is small but cozy. Coffee/tea drinks are serviced on request, as are omelets, egg, waffles, pancakes, and oatmeal. There is a nice selection of cereals, fresh fruit, breads & pastries, cheese, Arabic items and various other hot items. The only thing is that waffles are not what you would expect as a traditional waffle. I think they use a different machine. However they tasted good.

The pool is heated which was nice because the temperatures were cool but the kids wanted to swim. You can get a pass to swim at Le Meridien Dubai (5 mins away) if you want as well if you want a larger pool or a kiddie pool.

We HIGHLY recommend this holiday, if you’re looking for a great stay in Dubai.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family