“Really nice hotel and great service”

Le Meridien Fairway
Ranked #211 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Kyrenia, Cyprus
“Really nice hotel and great service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have just stayed at the fairway as a stop over for two nights. I found the service friendly and my room was spacious and very comfortable. Good location for the Irish village!

I dont think i would would choose it as a main hotel for my stay in Dubai, but great for the airport.

Downside Internet and phone calls are expensive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
bristol
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels but have never received such fantastic and friendly service as we did in this one. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff. The rooms are spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. (we were upgraded to a suite!) Courtesy cars, use of all facilities, it doesn't get any better.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Meridien Fairway prices its rooms fairly and has a great location. It is close to the airport and easy to reach via the metro, and yet the rooms are not bothered with airplane noise. It's a short walk to the metro station and taxis are easily found outside. The staff was friendly and efficient and made us feel welcome. The rooms were well appointed and clean. My major complaint, however, is the incredible overpricing of the optional amenities - mainly internet service. In actual fact, I should not use the term "optional". For just about any traveller these days (business or pleasure) having an internet connection is a basic need. The Meridien Fairway is charging an outrageous rate of $25 USD per day to get online. Over the course of a 4 day stay, that would have been $100 - ridiculous. There is no justification for this pricing, it's obscene. If Dubai wants to be considered a world class destination, and Le Meridien wants to maintain the value of their brand, they need to be pricing internet service in a far more competitive way. In most Starwood hotels in Canada and the USA, internet service is complimentary for people with SPG status, like myself (which is another problem - Le Meridien Fairway does not recognize SPG status nor does it award SPG points). Even when it isn't free, it is priced at a much more reasonable rate. I travelled with a friend and the booking was in his name. He is an SPG Platinum member (I'm a gold member) but that wasn't recognized at the Fairway. In short, this is a great hotel, but I couldn't bring myself to stay here again if the internet pricing remains what it is because it left me feeling ripped off and taken advantage of.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jmacleantaylor
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel itself is by no means located in central Dubai, but that is not much of an inconvenience. It is very close to the GGICO metro station, which made it very easy to get around the city. The hotel itself seems quite old, but the rooms themselves are certainly not fusty. A great bed and comfortable furnishings ensured enjoyable times. The staff were brilliant - I had spoken to the manager in advance about a few matters, and these were all met admirably. Everyone was friendly and more than happy to help with anything. The pool, bar and breakfast area are not of the same standard as the rooms, but I think the rooms themselves are by far more important and am glad they were clearly the hotel's first priority. The rates was very reasonable, and everything functioned perfectly. Access to Le Meridien Dubai is a fantastic extra touch, and as with every other occasion the service getting there was top-notch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel through Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found services & facilities at the hotel to be top notch.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and in the meantime, if there is anything I can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at joseph.marconi@lemeridien.com.

Yours Sincerely,

Joseph Mark
Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

When checking in I request a roll away bed for my brother that missed his flight and will be staying for the night. The immediately arranged for it for a minimal charge.
When I got the room it was spacious and comfy. The rooms come with cappuccino makers was is a notice touch.
The location is perfect, the metro station just a few minutes walk and the airport a 5 minute ride, also sheik Zayied road is a few minutes via al garhood bridge.
The hotel offer free parkin and a nice pool and fitness center, although I didn't get any time to try them.
The only down side of the hotel is they do not offer free Internet or breakfast which happen given the rates. Also Internet is extremely expensive, although they offered me a %50 discount on Internet.
I preferred to get the 1GB package from DU which kept me online for 5 days given my moderated use.
The staff is extremely helpful and clout of their way to assist.
I would stay in this hotel again, if breakfast and Internet it would be the ultimate choice in Dubai

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you found the service of the ambassadors to be accommodating and friendly and enjoyed the amenities on offer at the hotel.

With regard to your comment about internet pricing, we do have special rates and packages which are inclusive of internet services. In fact, our Executive room includes internet and breakfast in the room package. However, we would be more than happy to include complimentary Internet Access during your next stay at Le Méridien Fairway and would appreciate if you were to channel your next hotel reservation directly through me.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at joseph.marconi@lemeridien.com

Yours sincerely,

Joseph Marconi
Sydney NSW Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel overnight to try and help reduce jet lag. It is a short taxi ride from the airport.
The bed was comfortable and the staff very helpful. The traffic noise was quite loud, we had a room which faced the road, so if booking ask for a room that doesn't face the road to avoid this problem.
When returning to the airport the next morning, we noticed that there is actually an hotel in the airport itself. This may have been a better option. I will include the link in this posting. http://www.dubaiairport.com/en/passengers/airportservices/pages/DubaiInternationalHotel.aspx

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the road. We were in room 204 and is was quite noisy.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at Le Meridien Fairway. However, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to your room allocation. We have noted your preference for a room away from the main road and shall certainly allocate a room as per your preference on your next visit.

In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at joseph.marconi@lemeridien.com.

Yours Sincerely,

Joseph Mark
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Meridien Fairway Hotel in Dubai is absolutely the best option for business travellers in Dubai who want comfort, professional and friendly service and good value for money. The staff are exceptional, always remember my name, always ensure there is fresh fruit in my room and cater to my every need when I am there. I often need a DVD player for work and they install one instantly upon my request.Nothing is too much trouble for the hardworking ever smiling Fairway staff. The rooms are spacious, very clean, tastefully decorated with good workspace as well as a coffee machine etc. there is a pool, gym plus sauna. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and yet only 10 from downtown- it's always easy to get a taxi or the hotel will provide a car at decent rates. All in all this is a wonderful hotel - I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are the best I find.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business