“Simply Excellent!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Aschaffenburg, Germany
“Simply Excellent!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having actually lived and also visited Dubai quite often and having had my share on trying out different restaurants and especially steakhouses (even worked in one for sometime) – I’ll have to say Prime Steakhouse has made it to one of my top-choices!! Admittedly, the location is not ideal (depending on where you’re staying), but once you’re there you realize it was more than worth the detour.
The staff – one of the main players that distinguish this restaurant from others. From the moment we walked in until time we left the staff - from our waiter to the restaurant manager alike did a marvelous job of making us feel welcome, but were in no way intrusive, while at the same time still being very attentive.
The restaurant itself – I just loved the atmosphere and decoration in this restaurant, amazingly comfortable furniture, view of the track, great music – even a great smoking room :)
The food – no need for lots of words: Steaks, cooked to perfection – you’ll rarely taste something like this again – simply great steak! Even my brother, who is quite particular about meat, could not stop praising it.
Next time I’m in town – I’ll definitely include a dinner at Prime in my itinerary again!!

2 Thank Alamerah

• Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“One of Dubai's best steakhouses”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our first time at Prime was a couple of days ago for a romantic dinner to celebrate a special occasion. I requested a table with a nice view and we were given a table for two located in one of the few semi-circular panorama windows overlooking the track - although it was quite dark outside to appreciate the scenery. The chairs were actually more like thrones and extremely comfortable. The backrests were almost 2 metres high, offering a maximum of privacy. The restaurant was half-full when we arrived, with a party of some 20+ seated at a large table in the middle. The background music was provided by a live piano player playing soft tunes and the whole atmosphere was serene and peaceful, making it a perfect setting for a romantic outing. The menu is not huge but has something for every taste. The main focus is however on meat. As for the meat itself, the cuts we had were probably the best ever! The cooking was to perfection and the meat was so tasty that it almost melted like butter! Although my partner ordered her cut well done, it was very tender and tasty, unlike some cuts we tried elsewhere for a much higher premium. The service was, as you would expect from a 5-star restaurant, impeccable and not just by Dubai standards. Unlike other similar restaurants, the staff were not overbearing at all and didn't insist on recommending starters, wine or apperitifs. The waiter simply asked us what we liked to have and answered all our queries attentively and thoroughly, making a few value-adding suggestions and without trying to influence our choices. As for the prices, this is still a five star restaurant and a premium steakhouse, so you can't go there on a tight budget. Having said that, it offers probably the best value you can get for a premium cut in this part of the world, not to mention the quality of the overall experience. Finally, if you think Meydan is a bit out of the way from Dubai's buzz, trust me, it is worth the drive and you will more than likely appreciate the peaceful atmosphere and escaping the usual crowds for a change!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dany_DXB
Sonia P, Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very detailed feedback. I have already passed on your nice comments to our Prime Restaurant Service and Kitchen teams. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know your dining experience and we are glad that you have enjoyed your dinner. On your next visit and if you have not visited our other restaurants yet, you may also try our Shiba Restaurant, which offers Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Thai cuisines or enjoy your favorite game with your friends at our Qube Bar and The Track Restaurant at the Meydan Golf Club House.

Ottawa, Canada
“Great cut of meat, done just the way I like!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was my second time at Prime - and what a marked improvement in the steak! It's officially in my top 3 for Dubai. The tenderloin is perfect, and since I don't eat much, I could even order a smaller cut. The sides were delicious (have to try the lobster mac and cheese!). The mini desserts were just the right size after a big meal. I like the quietness and "elegantness" of the place - a great place for a couples evening out. I discovered a good Riojas that was just the right pairing for the meat. Great for a quiet, private evening... I'll be going back for sure.

1 Thank a_night_here
Sonia P, General Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming back to The Meydan Hotel! We are glad that our Prime Restaurant is now one of your favorite steakhouses in Dubai. It is rewarding to know that our guests appreciate our food and ambience. We hope that you will continue to be our most-valued patron.

“Great experience!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We did not intend to visit Prime but things at the Imax did not pan out so we ended up there. I was not at all dressed for dinner but the the staff were very accommodating and we were duly seated, shorts and all. The restaurant has a really nice, plush feel about it and from the moment you enter you expect things to be of a superior quality and they do not disappoint! The amuse bouche was a pleasant surprise and was really tasty. My starter, duck liver, was delicious. Extremely rich and very well accompanied by some brioche, apricot jam, sweet onions and other goodies. The steaks were of great quality and perfectly cooked. The steak Diane and poivre were flambe'd at the table which is always a nice experience. They were really good! The sides of truffle mash and roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes were great. The wine list is exhaustive and there really is something for everyone. From the greeting through the entire meal the staff were great. Always there when they were needed but not at all intrusive. The chairs at the window overlooking the racetrack are really nice. They have really high backs (about 1.8m) so once you and your wife are seated you are secluded from the rest of rhe room. Very private and intimate.
We really enjoyed everything about Prime and would gladly reccommend it.

1 Thank Darin L
Sonia P, Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our Prime Restaurant is definitely one of the best steakhouse venues in Dubai and we take pride in making sure that we provide the most flavorful and classic dishes you have come to expect in a 5-star hotel. We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will be back for more.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Premium steakhouse in a sumptuous environment”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The prime steakhouse is a fantastic location for a quiet dinner. Wether you want a private intimate dinner or a business dinner, it will fulfill your expectations and leave your guests impressed. Is certainly an upclass place, so approppriate attire is highly recommended. The views over the race course are impressive. The service is great and the meat cuts superb. Great wine list also, some of them affordable, some of them for the pocket of sheikhs. Nevertheless you can choose wine from all over the world. The menu is not extremely long (normally a good sign) and has variety enough as to satisfy any kind of taste, including vegetarian.
Normally is very quiet with just a few tables occupied (not applicable to race week) and will provide a really intimate experience with soft good music in the background.
Furniture is really heavy and looks more from a palace than for a restaurant, but I consider this part of the experience and the Middle East taste for luxury. I don't think you can be disappointed if you go there.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Mpancorbo
Sonia P, Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Your kind compliments are most appreciated and our Prime Restaurant team was happy to know of your positive feedback. We hope you will be back again soon.