“Never again”
Review of Auris Plaza Hotel

Auris Plaza Hotel
Ranked #149 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is NOT A 5 star hotel to me.The rooms are big and spacious 5 staR quality.Thats about it.Bathroom a 4 star.The entrace,reception and lifts are definately not 5 Star.Very dissapointed.
However must point out the service at reception was very very good.Guys were exremely helpfull and understanding.

Room Tip: Room 903 Spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Auris Plaza Hotel

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Very Good Hotel.Staff is excellent. We arrive hotel early in the morning after a long night flight.Staff at reception prepared an upgraded room and provided to us immediately, Though our booking to start at mid day..Wonderful stay right through out. Also provided us with late check out till 5:00 PM since our flight was at night. Being a regular traveler we only came across few hotels of this caliber with such an excellent services and facilities. Well done Auris Plaza management and staff. You are doing an excellent job.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SerendibTraveller
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at Auris plaza 3 nights. When I arrived at the hotel, I had a look at the building, then I stepped into the reception and I thought I was a bad idea booking this hotel. It seems "cheap". But what a surprise when I saw the room. Spacious, modern and very clean. I slept very well. The unique problem was the room service ringing at your door and waking you up, to ask you at what time you'd like house keeping to clean your room...O.K! But I recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2014

we had planned a 3 nights vacation at Auris-Dubai and had called the hotel long distance to make sure they note in the system that while I was booking the room, my wife's flight will arrive earlier that day, so they wouldn't give her a hard time during check in. They confirmed that this has been noted and they will take care of things.

Long story short, my wife arrived, they ignored all the efforts and notes in the system and claimed that due to the hotel policy, the 3 nights had to be paid up front at check-in. I spent another $50 in long distance tel calls, trying to talk to the management.

luckily, the assistant office manager Ms. Asel came along and started looking after my wife and while the first couple of rooms that they assigned to us were badly abused and smelled v. v. bad, my wife had to unfortunately wait for about 4 hours until they had prepared the executive room for us after I had spoken to Ms. Asel and confirmed that I would like an upgrade.

The executive room was in fact a nice and spacious room; the furniture was in great condition, the room atmosphere was good, lighting system was intelligent, internet speed and connection bathroom spacious and good water pressure.

Ms. Asel also provided us access to the executive lounge for our breakfast, which was also generally good. (Thank you).

While we checked out the next day, I should stay that in case I wanted to stay in the same hotel I would highly recommend the executive room. Apart from the regular rooms, the hotel in general had a nice lobby and atrium.

Room Tip: Executive room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diego7769
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The property is just behind Mall of the Emirates and very near to two Metro Stations. The breakfast , the room service and the hookah on roof top is very amazing. It is very close to many small food joints too. The hotel staff arranged and guided for all the city transfers. The rooms were very large and very comfortable. Best part was so many sockets ...they understand people have many phones and tabs to charge.Very modern features and very friendly receptionists

Room Tip: Try taking rooms on higher floors looking at the mall or the hilton hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ViniSoni
Reviewed January 5, 2014

First of all, I want to thank the front desk for helping me in search of my lost cell phone in the middle of the night. The phone fell out of my pocket while in taxi. By my mistake, I did not take a taxi receipt and had no idea how to reach the driver. The receptionists with the help of security were able to find out the plate number of the taxi that dropped me off in front of the hotel. With that number, I was able to locate the taxi driver and retrieve my phone.
LIKES:

Room 523
- modern spacious rooms
- fancy remote light controls
- convenient energy saving, room-key based on/off controls
- very nice Sony flat screen TV
- different language channels available , only a few but still nice to have an option
- TV sound system switches between bathroom and the room, maybe useful
- spacious bathroom
- scale/ all possible bathroom items, even a toothpaste, a blow dryer in the bathroom available
- very good bed, great mattresses
- very thick nice curtains that block all daylight if closed (once I woke up at noon and I thought that it was a middle of the night , I find it very useful if I want to have a good night sleep)
Amenities / meals
- nice buffet breakfast , very pleasant staff there
- rooftop pool/ gym available but I never used it so cannot comment much

Location
- a walking distance to the mall, from the parking side. Better walk through the sandy field to cut it short, but there is also a sidewalk (but longer)
- skiing available inside the mall
- metro by the mall
- 15 min to Burj Al Arab, 20 min to Dubai Marina by taxi

Dislikes:
- not too close to Downtown, (mainly great for exploring east side)
- no alcohol ( but it did not bother us a bit, just remember to get some from duty free on arrival)

Overall great impression, felt cozy and like at home. I would give it five star. Make sure the location is right for your needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anya G
Reviewed January 3, 2014

First of all, the location is really good. The Mall of Emirates is just behind the hotel. Its around 10 minutes walk. If Mall of Emirates is not your target, there's a metro inside that could bring you to other places.
Then, the hotel service is very nice. The staffs and receptionists are friendly. We booked for 2 rooms, with an additional bed in one of the rooms. The additional bed was kinda short in size. The rest was fine. The room is quite spacious. The bathroom too was clean.
When you book this hotel, take the breakfast with the package. The breakfast is commendable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family