We stayed here for the total of six nights from January 3rd.-10th. 2013 in a Classic Double Room.
Positive things about Auris Plaza Hotel:
- Large and very modern rooms (almost like a studio apartment). So nice to have the bathroom and sleeping area separated. Huge closet. Two bottle of free mineral water every day. Free WiFi. Very comfortable beds.
- If you need help with restaurant reservations or anything like that ask for Jhon, who was the most friendly and qualified of all the staff we met at Auris Plaza. He delivered a 5-star service and speaks a perfect English unlike any other employee. Jhon was the only employee who made us feel like he cared about his guests.
- The maid service was very efficient. The room was always clean and tidy.
- 5 minutes walk to Mall of Emirates and the metro. Note that every time you spent 15 minutes in a taxi you it will take you an hour or more to get to the metro and your destination, and it will only cost you double to take a taxi (which is not much in Dubai). Good advice: Take a taxi if you have a dinner reservation!
Negative things about Auris Plaza:
- We really were of the impression that the people at the reception desk and the concierge did not care, and they were not at all fluent in English or very service oriented. Especially the concierge was quite bad at her job. Also at first they claimed that we had to pay taxes, which were already prepaid. Everything was very slow.
- If you are a light sleeper NOTICE that there is a mosque on the other side of the road, which will wake you or keep you awake during early morning hours. This can be quite disturbing. We were very tired during our vacation, so it wasn't that big a deal to us.
- The hotel does not have a particularly charming location. But it's in the middle of everything. I would prefer to stay closer to FiDi, Dubai Mall or Dubai Marina the next time.
- We ordered room service and the food wasn't very good. Go to Mall of Emirates instead and have breakfast or lunch.
- 95 percent of the other guests at this hotel are Russians. In general they behaved quite rude and loud. Like they did not have any manners.
- The roof top pool area is nice but small.
- This might have a five star rating but it is not luxurious like any other five star hotel. At it's best it's four starred due to the comfortable rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Al Barsha, this hotel is just a 5-minute walk from the Mall of the Emirates. It features an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness center. Wi-Fi is free in all rooms and public areas. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms and suites at the Auris Plaza Hotel each have a sitting area with a flat-screen TV. They include deluxe linens and pillows, and the bathrooms have bathrobe and a hairdryer. Didon Restaurant serves a range of international and Arabic dishes with both options from the menu and buffet options. A 24-hour room service is also available. Hookah Lounge has a variety of Shisha flavors. Tour information is available from the 24-hour front desk, which also provides luggage storage. Free valet parking is available on site. The Auris Plaza Hotel is 5 miles from the Palm Islands and 9 miles from the famous Dubai Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auris Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.