“Close to Mall of Emirates”
Review of Auris Plaza Hotel

Auris Plaza Hotel
Ranked #146 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Close to Mall of Emirates”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My own opinion:

UPSIDE (1) we stayed in the suite (10th floor) and room are very spacious (2) unlimited internet connection (3) walking distance to Mall of Emirates (4) good choice for breakfast (5) staffs are superb

DOWNSIDE (1) dropping area in the front of lobby is small and right at the road so can be dangerous if kids are playiong around while awaiting the taxi

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night earlier this month.
The hotel gave us a complimentary upgrade to an executive room. It was wonderful - probably the best hotel room we have stayed in.
We didn't find the the rest of the hotel as good - it was very busy - mainly Russian tourists. The hotel pool is overrun with them and so don't expect to get a look-in up here - certainly not a sun-lounger anyway! They are very noisy and their abrasive way is seen throughout the hotel foyer and restaurants.
The breakfast we had was okay - but it a lot of the food on the hot plates was cold. There is bar where you can get your eggs cooked to your liking - the omelettes were nice from here.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
It's good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 13, 2012

When you pay € 156 per night I think it's fair to expect good service. This was not the case...AT ALL! This is why:

* If you call the reception, expect to be calling at least 3 times before they answer the phone. Once answered, they are in general rude, in a rush and not able to help. They even hang up the phone without saying goodbye or asking if I needed something else. One lady even yelled at me "YESSSS, what is it you want?!". I mean...SERIOUSLY? I have been in many many hotels, but NEVER have I had this kind of experience
* Upon check-in they ask you for a 500 AED deposit, which I find weird to be honest. I always pay for services used once I check-out, not upon check-in. Also, when they gave us the key, they simply said: "Ok, that's it", but never explained in which room we were, where the elevators were located, if the luggage would be delivered to the rooms or whatever. The bellboy needed to explain that to us. And it's not as if it was busy, we were the only ones at the reception, since we checked in at 4 AM.
* You really are a number in this hotel. They do not greet you, they do not smile at you, they don't care about you or if you're having a good stay at their hotel. One lady at the reception even gave me a really filthy look and to this day I don't know why.
* Although the housekeeping staff is very friendly, they forgot to supply us with toilet paper 4 times. When calling to ask for toilet paper, they bring you tissues. And when they don't forget to supply the bathroom with toilet paper it's only a half roll or one roll. I mean...is this out of greediness or was the toilet paper finished? SO WEIRD!
* The swimming pool and its area is very small. They only have about 15 sun beds, so expect to not have a sun bed or to wait for one. Of course you can use the seating area (if there is space), but for such a large hotel I think 15 sun beds is crazy. Also, the bottles of water there are very expensive (20 AED). Better to buy your water elsewhere and bring it with you.
* Upon check-out we needed to wait for 15 minutes (time we didn't have) to receive our invoice, because they can't get into the system at the reception, so another department had to bring it to them. What's up with that? Also, they never asked if we were content with our stay. Again, they don't care.

Aside from the bad service, expect to be awaken at different times at night and in the morning (4:30 / 5 AM, then 5:30 / 6 AM, then 10 AM) because of the loud mosque across from the hotel. We were both exhausted at the end of our stay, simply because you don't get a good night sleep if you wake up several times at night for at least 15-30 minutes (that's how long it takes for the singing to stop!).

Also, the pillows were horrible. My boyfriend actually used one of the decoration pillows to sleep on, which wasn't the best either. This could be a personal thing, but still worth mentioning.

Another thing I didn't like was the shower. It goes from cold to hot to VERY hot to cold again. I needed to adjust it at least 20 times every time I took a shower. Not comfortable whatsoever!

So, what were the positive things of our stay?

1. The room. We had a standard room and it was big enough for the both of us. They have a nice closet space and there is free wi-fi in the room. The room is clean.
2. The location (aside from the mosque!!!). It's a 5 minute walk to the Mall of the Emirates. We mostly visited the Dubai Mall, but it's nice to have a mall close to the hotel for when you want to eat something simple or to use an ATM. Also, there are enough taxi's passing by the hotel. I think 5 minutes was the most we had to wait to get a taxi.

Overall, we didn't enjoy our stay at this hotel, especially because it is quite pricey. If I go back to Dubai, I will DEFINITELY NOT be staying at this hotel! Learn from my experience please! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mhot
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been coming to this hotel when it was started this year and have stayed 4 times till now for app 40 days .The hotel is warm and affectionate ,i had some problems initially which i take since the hotel was new but they were amicably resolved i believe by their senior staff and the GM Mr David. So no complaints rather i am pleased to say that they took good care of me and my family.It felt home away from home. Swimming pool is great .ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All is well
1 Thank SUMANTKAUL
Khasab, Oman
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for the first time. The location of the hotel is within a walking distance from Mall of the Emirates. The hotel looks fairly new . You can notice that from the furniture and the decor. If you are travelling by car, there is a parking in the basement for your car. The rooms were quite and you can not hear the traffic outside. I have not tried the room service . My only comment would be on the breakfast served in the buisness lounge. The space is small, the variety of the food served should be increased and the number of staff working there as well.

Room Tip: We had connecting room for us and the kids. The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel looks failr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TripleAmama
Athens, Greece
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've stayed in the hotel for 2 days and I was really impressed from the first moment. Check-in was very fast and the person that guide me into my room spend 5 minutes to explain everything: how to use the safe, how to use the (very nice) room controls, he order on my behalf the codes for my internet access using the installed Interactive TV solution (it was nice that I didn't had to go to the reception to get codes) and so on.

I have also to comment the bed: very very comfortable! As for the room, check their website to see photos: the room was exactly like the photos (impressive)!

I've also selected to have dinner at the hotel, in Zuri restaurant: fresh pasta and big variety. If you like spicy foods, Zuri is the place in Dubai!

Room Tip: I've stayed in a room on 3rd floor. It was very quite despite the fact that the windows are on t...
1 Thank George-Bill-P
Nairobi
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nicely sized rooms and bathrooms. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the rooms. Check in was very quick and the breakfast buffet is quite ample. The rooms are very tastefully done and the staff ever eager to assist. Overall: value for money.

2 Thank RKM466