“Had a great family time”

Wild Wadi Waterpark
Ranked #13 of 401 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in Dubai and situated in front of the stunning Burj Al Arab, Wild Wadi offers 30 rides and attractions for all the family. Wild Wadi is themed around the tale of Juha, a known character from the Arabian folklore.
Panjim, India
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Had a great family time”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Playing in water in scorching Dubai heat!? What more can you ask for. And there are some really good rides especially the scary Jumeirah Sceirah which me and my 9 year old son really enjoyed. And we had some great views of the Burj Al Arab, while in queue for Sceirah (so who was complaining about the queues?)

Do get your towels and swimwear and your cameras too. But if you don't have one, the shop here stocks everything from swimwear, slippers to towels and other stuff.

This is the place where we could really interact with the locals and I found that they are very friendly people. The staff here are mostly outsiders but helpful and nice.

We came out all tanned and tired and hit the hotel bed with the satisfaction of a well spent family time.

Visited June 2011
ww-guestfeedback, General Manager at Wild Wadi Waterpark, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

What more can we ask from a review ourselves? Thank you so much for the amazing description of your experience at our park. I am happy that you enjoyed our rides and that our colleagues managed to deliver our promise to make your day fun and memorable.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the park during your next visit to Dubai.

• Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Hope to go to wild wadi really soon - never been to Dubai!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Hi all

Just have a few questions since I figured everyones really helpful with their tips and comments having read them.

My question is about cameras, ive been on youtube and come across some videos of people on the rides filming their experience, id like to take my camera on the ride also is it actually allowed? Also if i got tired of holding it would i be able to put it back in my locker? Your input would be great! Thanks in advance! :)

Visited June 2011
ww-guestfeedback, General Manager at Wild Wadi Waterpark, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you would like to visit Wild Wadi Waterpark when coming to Dubai for the first time. I am certain you will have a lot of fun.

Regarding the use of camera on rides, due to safety reasons, we recommend using only waterproof cameras which are strapped to your body. On most of the rides you will be required to hold the handles of the tubes while on the ride, which will make it impossible to hold the camera as well. If you are in the Wave Pool or Lazy River, there should be no problem for you to use a waterproof video camera, but please review our rules and regulations for the policy on the use of cameras in the United Arab Emirates.

As per lockers, we do offer lockers for rent in two different sizes, that can be used for the entire day once rented.

Looking forward to welcome you to Wild Wadi Waterpark.

Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“So Small, Boring and not a good place for adults”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

so crowded, we had to wait up to 45 minutes in line. For adults, it is a boring place and lack of fun. it is good for childs.

Visited July 2010
1 Thank tirdadkia
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Wild Wadi Waterpark. The summer months are our busiest season and, especially if you visit during the week end, the park is very busy. A lot of our rides are for adults, some of them high thrill, not really recommended for children so if you would like to revisit the park in a season which is not as busy, I am sure you will be able to enjoy them as well.

We hope you will be able to come back and enjoy all the rides.

Andorra la Vella, Andorra
150 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 398 helpful votes
“World Class Waterpark”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed at JBH so did not have to pay. Overall it was really good particularly liked the burj surge as it was a large ring with 4 adults. We must have weighed 400K so the ride was fantastic.

I went evenings and overall it was never that busy even on sat night.

its a lot of fun and with the heat nearing 50c it was a great laugh.

Make sure you charge up your arm band to spend cash

Visited June 2011
ww-guestfeedback, General Manager at Wild Wadi Waterpark, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Wild Wadi Waterpark.

It’s great to know that we managed to deliver our promises and make your days fun and memorable. We hope that you will visit the park again during your next visit to Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Crowded and lots of holdups due to machinery breaking down”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My family were here on holiday for a couple of weeks and although perhaps not a fair comparsion, as we went to Atlantis Aquaventure on a week day, the two experiences were completely different, Wild Wadi did not quite live up to its advertising as several slides were out of action for at least part of the day. The crowds were unbelieveable and to top it all my partner had his Birkenstock sandals stolen, We reported it to security and within five minutes also witnessed another two people who had also had their flipflops and or sandals taken. If it had been a genuine mistake and they had been taken in error I would have expected a pair to have been found at the end of the day but sadly this was not the case and despite phone calls to security for a couple of days they never turned up. Moral of this little tale, dont wear shoes that you cannot afford to lose so wear the cheapest possible pair. We did have a locker but needed to wear something on our feet to walk between slides as the floor gets so hot even with the little sprays here and there. I would love to know how many pairs of shoes go missing on a daily basis particularly on busy weekend days. Perhaps a bag check on the way out would be worthwhile, I knew of three pairs of missing mens sandals in five minutes, maybe somewhere there is a roaring trade in secondhand foot wear. Final disappointment we were not allowed to take in our cool box containing bottles of water and were then charged 9AED for a small bottle which we were told we could refill with very warm water from the couple of fountains near the shop. Yuk, I had just spent days telling my grandchildren they needed to drink lots of water because of the heat, so come on Wild Wadi management, allow water in, they do at Atlantis. Final whinge, I couldnt find 30 slides, had they gone missing along with the sandals!!!

Visited June 2011
ww-guestfeedback, General Manager at Wild Wadi Waterpark, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your experience at Wild Wadi. I am sorry to read that we did not manage to meet your expectations and that your slippers have been stolen.

The summer season is the busiest for our park and we do see very high attendance numbers compared to any other months throughout the year. As you mentioned, you have visited the park during the weekend, which is even busier than any other day during these summer months. That is the main reason why there were so many guests in the park, but maintaining control in terms of safety and guest experience is also vitally important. There are days that we close our gates due to reaching capacity and operate on a 1 out, 1 in basis.

In regards to your stolen sandals, I can definitely understand your dissatisfaction. We try to encourage everyone to rent a locker and secure all valuables. We are looking at adding smaller lockers that will have a nominal fee to rent where the current shoe racks are. It would be great if everyone could be trusted and secure lockers were not needed, but that is not the case. It is also unrealistic for us to think that we can monitor where everyone puts their belongings throughout the park the entire time that the park is open. This is why we are investigating more lockers throughout the park.

As per the number of rides available in the park, please note that Wild Wadi has been designed to ensure that guests have maximum play time through “inter-connected rides technology”. By having interconnected rides, our guests wait only once and do not have to carry their tubes nor walk from one attraction to another. This can give an impression of having one ride only due to single entry. (We have 8 master blasters, 6 downhill ring/tube slides, 7 slides in the playstructure, 1 speed slide, 2 multi-person slides (new), 1 wave pool, 1 lazy river, 1 flood river, 2 flowriders, a fish spa and a flash flood.)

Thank you once again for the feedback provided and I hope you will be able to visit the park on a more quiet time to be able to experience all the rides.