“Disappointing”

Latitude
Ranked #97 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Latitude is an electric mix of live cooking stations, a true assault on all your senses, making your dining experience an exciting journey from entrée through to dessert. Savour the fresh approach to food and cooking styles from Malaysia, China, Thailand and Japan. Or indulge in traditional Arabic, Dutch, Italian and European flavours. Alternatively, experiment with Indian sensations or sample the purity of seafood, the choice is varied and diverse.
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am sorry, but the last time I was in Latitude I found it very disappointing:
The variety of food decreased significantly - It was hard to find something which is justifying the high price ... to make a long story short: I was unable to find anything delicious. Quality of the dishes were not better than average. I do not recommend that restaurant.

2 Thank Mathias M
Dear Mathias,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience at Latitude. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our buffet and I understand that now is too late to change this. In Latitude we have many live cooking stations and our Chefs are more than happy to accomodate any special request in order to ensure your satisfaction.

Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future so we can have another chance to give you a different dining experience and exceed your expectations.

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A truly pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

It was my husband's birthday on Thursday and we wanted to go somewhere with our almost 3-year old. So we were looking for some place to go for an early dinner and that wouldn't be fussy about little ones. My husband remembered going to Latitude a couple of years back for a work thing and remembered it being nice enough. We weren't expecting much at 6:30 on a Thursday night. We expected this to be a rather quiet experience with no one around and since I'd never heard of anyone having been there, I was expecting a rather non-descript food experience.
It was WONDERFUL.
Lots of people. Wonderful staff who were all very nice with the many children present. Very nice live music. And I was surprised at hoe nice all the food was! Nothing unusual or out of this world, but a good range and all very tasty. Unlike many buffets, there wasn't one item that got left on our plates.
We will definitely be back. Particularly if we're looking to have an early dinner with our little girl.
I will add that I don't know if their children's section is all that great (I honestly don't know but I had a quick look and it didn't seem terribly interesting) but our never goes for the kiddie areas anyway and this place was nice because it was roomy and she could move around without getting in people's ways.

1 Thank mercedes71
Anis_Ntacha, Manager at Latitude, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
On behalf of the entire Latitude team, I would like to thank you for sharing your dining experience that you had with us. Receiving feedback is important for us to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

It was very nice to read that you came back to Latitude after long time and we postively surprised you with all the improvement that we have done in order to offer memorable dining moments to our invaluable guests. Our culinary and service team are very enthusiastic with your comments and we hope to see you back to Latitude soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Top class buffet”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We like to try new places each week and came across Latitude. We really liked the ambiance, the selection of food, and the entertainment. My wife in particular liked their salad. All in all a great place.

1 Thank rgmccollum
Anis_Ntacha, Manager at Latitude, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent visit to Latitude. The fact that you try new places every week gives your feedback extra value to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

I was glad to hear that the selection of food along with the ambiance and the live entertainment met your expectations. I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Latitude in one of our theme nights or Friday Brunch.

Speers Point, Australia
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I weren't hotel guests but were made to feel quite at home when we dropped in early one evening after a stroll along the Gulf shoreline.

We were lucky to strike a Spanish themed buffet night - and we love Spanish!

The variety of authentic Spanish food on offer was astounding and the quality was right up there. In my younger days I would have been there for the entire night sampling everything on offer, such was the freshness of the food.

The wine list had been modified to reflect the Spanish theme and was suitably varied to match with the Paella my wife and I started with. We couldn't fault the service but I guess that was to be expected at this address!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LockStockandTravel
Anis_Ntacha, Manager at Latitude, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at Latitude. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you left from Latitude with the best impressions regarding our food quality and services. I understand that only one visit is not enough to try all our dishes but you are more than welcome to explore more of our Spanish specialities or even different type of cuisine from our international buffet.

We look forward to see you back in Latitude.

United Kingdom
“Great place to dine with the family - Superb Staff”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We always stay in Jumeirah properties we stayed for two weeks in August and had a fantastic time dining in Latitude for Breakfast and we chose to have dinner on most evenings we found the staff very helpful and whatever you asked for it was no problem for the restaurant, the buffet for breakfast provided different choices of food we have two daughters and they never complained once so we were on to a winner with Latitude. Sandeev a member of Latitude's dining team was always helpful and provided us with a memorable breakfast experience each morning. What more can I say.....you will not be disappointed with the Latitude Experience. I have read some reports on here which I strongly disagree with, this is a fantastic restaurant a superb atmosphere and nice staff.... and the Entertainment on certain nights was good a nice group provided everyone with nice music ....Thanks and I look forward to seeing you soon

• Visited August 2012
Anis_Ntacha, Manager at Latitude, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
On behalf of Latitude team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent visit to our restaurant. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Your compliments about our service and especially for Sandeev have been already shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.