“Do not visit this hotel late night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dubai Grand Hotel By Fortune

Dubai Grand Hotel By Fortune
Ranked #338 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
new delhi
“Do not visit this hotel late night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

Hotel- “Dubai grand hotel” though it was fine during the day but late night it turns to a pick up point. The first day we reached there by 3 am, It seemed I reached some hotel at pattaya, Thailand. Females flimsily dressed and drunk were sitting in the reception and were coming out of the neighboring rooms. As we accompanied children and my parents I felt very ashamed. I could not answer my 5 year son’s frantic questions. We even saw them bashing some people on 31/12/09 night.
As I told about my apprehensions to front office about loud music it still haunted us till 3 am everyday though we had rooms on 2nd floor. I would still Appreciate that some staff of the hotel was good and help full. But they cannot help in improving atmosphere.
Breakfast, was same all 5 days and all cold except eggs. location of hotel is not good

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jagathotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Nice & clean rooms, close-to-opulent lobby, you could try the in-house Indian restaurants (not bad, but surely you want local food?! That you shall get outside..), free & convenient shuttle service to 3 major pts of Deira frm where you can easily get the metro to other places, and helpful staff.. Made our 6day stay pretty nice..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

I am writing here about the Great dissatisfaction and appalling experience that my family and I encountered during our stay at this hotel on the 18th and 19th of October.

My 9 yr old sister and my mother with ill health had to endure the suffering from the events at this ridiculous hotel.

On the first night we stayed in room numbers: 115, 116 and 117 - 6 family members in total. This is one floor above what is called the Mezanine floor. Apparently it’s a night club and the loud music goes on until 3am every night. Little did we know we were going to spend the night in a night club.

The loud music initially I assumed was from neighbouring room as you could feel the vibration too.

When I rang reception at 2.30am, they didn’t admit that there is a disco venue directly below us. They said they will send someone to take care of the problem. However, at 3.25am I rang again. This time the security personnel that attended my query informed me that there is a dance event one floor below.

I went to the Shift manager the following morning and demanded an explanation. He was apologetic and offered me a room on the top floor. I asked if he could put it in writing about the noise we suffered so that I could provide lastminute.com with this. He was reluctant but took us to the General Managers room. The General Manager – Mr Praveen Nanda was instantly defensive and kept repeating that we paid for a Standard Room and that the noise is expected in standard rooms and that he will move us to the top floor.

I explained that whether standard room or not, lodgers ought to be able to sleep at night. Not have to stay awake till 3.30am. But he was very aggressive and rude. He raised his voice and said that we can leave the hotel now and he will give us a letter to show lastminute.com that we only stayed one night. But he wont provide us with a letter regarding the noise we had to tolerate.

For your information, if you look at the booking printout, it says we booked a superior room.

How distressing and inconsiderate. Now, are we to spend the day looking for another hotel and also pay out of pocket since we had prepaid this hotel?

I was appalled at his behaviour. This sort of behaviour and experience is not expected from a 4 Star Hotel. He didn’t provide us with a letter to say we experienced noise. Instead, gave us his business card as proof that we have had a discussion with him. He said the Agents are aware of what they sell so we should have been informed while booking the rooms.

Eventually when we were moved to another floor, it wasn’t the top floor. It was one floor above the one we stayed at. The bell boy carrying the bags asked why we were moving. I explained the ridiculous noise. He said this occurs every night. He was very correct. That night again we suffered noise till 3am but it wasn’t as loud as the previous night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ZakRi

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

We had an early flight and thus came to the hotel at 6am.They were full but made us comfortable in the lobby,offered tea/coffee and were able to give us a room in 30 minutes.I had read mixed reviews and so was aprihensive but must say they are a good hotel traveller friendly.The breakfast is amazing and roomservice was very fast.Wifi in the rooms helped us stay in touch with our office.Theyy have a shuttle to malls and becomes very cost effective.value for money,higly recommended

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

I have just spoken on line to my husband who is on a business trip to Abu Dhabi. Not being able to get a reservation in any of the hotels in Abu Dhabi the company booked him into the Grand in Dubai, for 1 night only. (he has now gone to the Hilton in Al Ain which is 100 times better).

He didn't get any sleep last night as there was constant noise from the room next door, the corridor and the night clubs. He reckons that the hotel was being used ( I leave it to your imagination as to what for)

There was no internet in the room.

The room was not very clean.

Overall impression - NEVER AGAIN

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank LongTallJ
england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2009

Stayed one night at this hotel prior to early flight following day from Dubai airport. The only thing going for this hotel is its close proximity to the airport - about 10 mins by taxi. Otherwise give this place a miss. It is in the heart of an industrial area surrounded by plumbers merchants, builders yards and also the area has some dubious characters hanging around. The pool is huge, but consists of 4 sun loungers, and lots of rubbish and general tacky. The hotel staff are not particularly helpful. You are at least 30 mins by taxi to any of Dubai's attractions. The rates charged are very expensive for what is basically a 2 star Travelodge

• Liked — close proximity to airport
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

Our travelling pal booked this hotel and after later reading the negative reviews on TA I had some worries. I was pleasantly suprised.
We arrived after a long and late night flight at the grand around 6am tired and disoriantated (the hotel is a 10 minute cab journey from the airport) The manager at the desk was polite, asked us to wait in the lobby, offered us showers etc in the pool area.......and we could see he was trying his best to get us some rooms in what was a fully booked hotel. By 8.30am we had our rooms.
Our room was large with comfortable beds (2 singles in our room, our friends had a double) flat screen Tv, mini bar and clean bathroom, hot water and good shower. The bathroom defintly had a strange wiff of curry but this wasnt really an issue.
The breakfast was ok with choice of tea, coffee, juices plus eggs, beans and sausages, omlette chef. cereals and yogurts An Indian style spicy breakfast was also available.
A negative point about this hotel was the expensive internet, at 3 pounds for a half hour this is a rip off.
The location is very near the airport so its quite far from the souks and malls however unlike most things in Dubai. the cabs are still a bargain.
Our first trip to Dubai was 4 years ago and we stayed at the excellent Hilton Dubai Creek, the prices of hotels in Dubai since then have, I feel doubled. Since you cant stay at the beach these days for less than 250 quid the grand is excellent value for money. Of course if your expecting 5 star luxury then you will be disapointed but if you want a good base for a 1 or 2 night stopover you cant go far wrong here.

If you want the beach i would recommend the public beach adjacent to the Jumeriah complex. Its quiet and you get a great view of the Burj Al arab. The Beach parks are dirty and full of staring men ogling anything in a bikini.
I would also recommend the new Dubai mall, it has one of the largets fish tanks in the world (free) and even if you dont like shopping its bawesome, we also got a cab to the unfinished Burj tower. Another great experiance.

• Liked — Friendly service, good value
  • Disliked — Expensive internet
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wharton1Trencin