“Pre-deployment”

Ranked #320 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Pre-deployment”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was in room 341 which was the top floor and thought that being on the top floor it would be quiet.
How wrong I was, every night I was kept awake by the Indian/Pakistan night clubs two storeys below until three AM.
On the plus side there were two bars and a night club open every night. The night club was called Bubble and was full of prostitutes if your into that sort of thing.
The food was OK very repetitive but plenty of it.
Wi-Fi in the room was very hit and miss, which was annoying as you have to pay for it on top.
All in all it was a tedious stay and the staff were not very helpful when you complained.

Room Tip: Rooms near the centre are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was relatively close to the airport and was cheap at less than $100/night, with breakfast included. Turned out it wasn't that close to the airport ( 10 minutes by cab) and a 10 - 15 minute walk to the metro station (Dubai Airport Free Zone).
Entering, thought 'oh oh' because we weren't expecting so many staff and guests from...well, find out for yourself.
As it turned out, the place is alright, although the interior is that dark, rich woody look which looks rather tacky. And coming from a definite 5 star the previous nights, it was an adjustment.
But the staff seems genuinely to care. The hotel only has about 150 rooms, but has like, 10 restaurants/bars....rather unusual.
The best part of the hotel is the food in the restaurants. A full hot buffet breakfast is included, restaurant open 24/7, and the evening buffet was delicious at 45 Dirhams pp.
Whether I'd stay here again, probably not if I found a hotel below $150 closer to Dubai Creek or dowtown. But for less than $100, this hotel is a good value. And if you want to see Dubai's working class neighbourhoods, this is the place to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brrabo64
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was probably one of the worst stay I have had in 4 years of traveling. I orginally booked this hotel through a third party website. A co-worker and I had an extra day in Dubai so we figure the "Grand" would be perfect for us. I booked the room for 2 queen size beds as my co-worker and I were both males and did not feel comforrable booking only 1 bed. When we checked in we were given 1 queen size bed. I called reception and informed them that my reservation was for 2 queen size beds. I was then informed that they hotel did not have any rooms with 2 queen size beds, I tookmy reservation confirmation back to the the reception desk to show them what was purchased. on the way down stairs there were 3 individuals sleeping on couches in the hallways. I was given a new room with 2 beds. When we walked in there were only 2 - single beds in the room. I called back to reception and was told there was nothing that they could do for me and that I had to take the room since it was the only thing available or go find another hotel. I travel to several countries a year and this by far was the worst service I have received any where.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank bobalicious_____1

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

NY
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to relax when traveling long distances and you don't need to anything but to catch up on sleep. Checking in and out was easy and they provided me with a free ride to the airport. The food was reasonable and very delicious. The bell hop was polite, courteous, and quick. My only difficulty while staying in their hotel was a slight language barrier. But who am I to complain, I am in their country.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mac L
Kabul
Reviewed February 22, 2013

arrived at the hotel very late at night, and reception was dark and dreary. room that was placed in was spacious but smeeled like smoke although the hotel is apparently non-smoking.

the breakfast buffet is tailored for the majority of its customers that are Indian, and the quality of the food was tasteless unfortunately

the reception staff in the morning were absolutely terrible. they were super rude, and obnoxious. and when I spoke with them about the lack of approporateness they proceeded to be even be MORE RUDE, and I have never experienced that before, not even in hotels that are even "less" rated.

the hotel is close to the airport, and I was placed there by flydubai due to airline delays.

I would NOT recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 4, 2013

the hotel is near to airport.we reached in fifteen minutes from airport.a cab has come to recevied us .although we were not welcome by wecome drinks but check in two minutes.the room is spacious and airy..mini bar ,tea/coffee maker.complimentry water bottels daily.house keeping is good.
there are many pubs and night clubs in the premises of hotel swimming pool and jacujhi ,gym gave more pleasure although we did not swim..
the breakfast is overall average
punjabhi dhaba is good for dinner .there is live music during evening ..south indian restrurent is there its like indian hotel .
there is supermarket across the road
the staff is ploite and friendly.. over all i liked very much this hotel for indian it is HOME AWAY HOME

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank arundabra
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Rooms are not noise proof , the noise comes quite often from outside the room , adjacent room, door bang,road traffic. The hotel is very very far from the city everytime you have to spend one way 70 AED in cab to go to nice places otherwise you have to walk a lot or you go by bus than metro , change metro lines i will not suggest to any Tourist. there are no view from the hotel . The only plus point is that this hotel is located very near to the airport. Please take hotel which is in the city so that you can roam around easily and most important you will safe Time.
In buffet Brekfast - Every day it is the same menu
Hotel is very good in terms of room size , food , jacuzzi, Pub Etc

Room Tip: I will suggest try room which is a pool view not city view and not near the lift.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple