“Recommended Hotel”

Ranked #239 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai
“Recommended Hotel”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Hotel location within reach of market place and good ambience. everything available within the hotel premises and good dining facilities. Service might be a problem at times, but overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MumbaiChetan
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay experience here with us and that you appreciate our good location, ambiance and dining facilities. You mentioned a problem with service which has us concerned. If you could send us a note on this issue at vp@marcopolohotel.net would be most welcome so we can move towards rectifying the situation.

Best regards,

Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 11, 2013

It was a bit out of the way by comparison to some of the suggestions we were given, however it suited us fine. The Metro was close and taxi's were very cheap. There is an abundance of shops nearby and a wonderful park to walk though.

The staff were great and made our stay pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wagonweel
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad we were able to provide you the service you so deserved and that you were able to enjoy the experience of staying with us. Our location may be far from the new and glittery section but certainly not lacking the old world charm that only the smell and noise of a bazaar or spice souk can conjure. And as you rightly mentioned, just nearby is the Dubai Metro. This train system has certainly made going around very easy and comfortable for all travelers and the taxis are not that expensive as compared to other cities.

It was a pleasure welcoming you and we hope you come visit us again soon.

toronto
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Rema was the best!!! She was incredibly helpful and provided lots of ideas about things to do in the area. I appreciated that fact that the hotel staff called me to make sure I was ok and enjoying my stay when they noticed that I had spent much of my first day in my room (sleeping and resting up). I also appreciated that fact that the hotel manager moved me to a higher floor with no fuss, when I brought it to his attention that the noise from the disco downstairs was intolerable. I also enjoyed the beautiful lounge on the 1st floor as well as the complimentary cocktail offered as part of your stay. The location of this hotel was very, very good, in walking distance to Dubai creek, the Corniche and Al Ghurair Mall. Easy access to water taxis which will take you to the Old Textile Souq, Spice Souq, Gold Souq and the site of the original site of the City of Dubai.

Room Tip: There is inadequate sound proofing, which makes sleeping virtually impossible while the disco is goi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank liber8ted
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Marco Polo Hotel Dubai and I would like thank you for your comments of appreciation which shared with us the pleasure and joy you experienced during your stay with us. It is always very rewarding to receive such positive feedback, as we continually strive to improve and go beyond our guest’s expectations.

We greatly appreciate your positive comments regarding our good location, the Jumana Lounge on the first floor and the warmth and attitude of all team members especially Rema. It is indeed our pleasure to welcome all our guests and to care and pamper them throughout their stay with us, wherever they may be. I have shared your observations with our team members in our operational review meetings and they not only feel appreciated but at the same time it serves as tremendous motivation for them to always offer their best.

Once again, thank you for your kind and wonderful comments and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here in November of 2012 for the rugby 7s tournament. this was a pretty good hotel there is a bar and club down stairs so some rooms I imagine are loud. the staff was very friendly, but yes you should tip because its the right thing to do. me and three other friends stayed in one room together and we managed. the area is alright but far from everything that is important but a short 10 minute walk to the metro stop which is world class

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your kind and generous comments on your stay at the Marco Polo Hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Rugby Sevens which is quite an event here in Dubai and getting bigger every year. With more and more events happening in Dubai, we hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant in Marcopolo Hotel Deira called Bombay with my friend; my sister has been here couple of times with her friends and its one of her fav restaurants in Dubai, so I thought to give it a try. My first reaction was its like any other Indian restaurant around, this reaction lasted only till the food was served on my table! I give food 5 stars; I have been to most of the elite Indian restaurants here in Dubai, but they mostly lack the right taste, I suggest 'Bombay Kofta' which is one of the yummiest Kofta dish I have tried. The texture was right, delicately spiced and rich gravy(must try). My friend and I shared some 'Dal Makhani' too; all I can say is my Punjabi taste buds were contented at last! Again, its a must try if you visit this restaurant. Then started the live Indian band!!! And what more would one ask for? Songs from 70's, 80's and even the recent ones... they take requests as well...so there I go, with my requests right from 'Aapke pyar mein' to 'Zara Zara Behekta hai'. I had few drinks later and then my requests went more subtle like 'Dil Dhoondta hai phir wahi'.
Ambience is great, good service,ever smiling Manager, mouth watering Indian food, soothing music; My friend and I had a great experience here; looking forward to visit again.

P.S- I suggested my 6 months pregnant friend to visit this restaurant recently with her relatives who are a bit choosy about food; glad they all enjoyed a lot and liked the food too!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Moonlight1986chandni
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our prized Indian Restaurant, The Bombay , here at the TripAdvisor site. Your feedback was spot on the exact reactions we were hoping for when we conceptualized this outlet. From the great food to the entertainment and the ambiance, we cannot thank you enough for your wonderful words of praise. We are so very happy your sister recommended us to you and you also referred us to your friends.

It was a pleasure serving you and we most certainly look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Hotel  is the right choice for visitors who are searching for a combination of price and quality. The Marco Polo staff offer an attentive, personalized service and are always available to offer any help to guests. Five excellent restaurants offer a wide variety of international cuisine: Chinees, Indian, Mexican, Philipine : a menu to suit every plate. A sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day. Marco Polo central location in the heart of old town means that guests are never far from great shopping, fascinating museums and architectural & cultural gems of the city.Secure hotel parking is also available for you vehicle during your stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your wonderful review of the Marco Polo Hotel. Value for money accommodations without sacrificing guest comfort and the best food and beverage outlets as well as entertainment for all guests is our aim and we are very glad you were able to enjoy them all, even the central location of being close to the cultural gems of the city and the secure hotel parking. You were able to capture perfectly what we want to convey to all guests.

Thank you very much and we are very glad you made the right choice in Marco Polo!

Flensburg
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Near to the metro station, free shuttle bus to the beach, very friendly staff, the breakfast is not 100'% optimal for guests from Europe, but you find something to eat, Dubai is nice to see. Ladies alone are no problem

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Ms Fanny,

A very warm thank you for your kind review here in Tripadvisor. We are very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our central location, free beach shuttle and friendly staff service. Nothing pleases us more than to hear that we were able to provide quality service to you, our valued guests.

It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.