Marco Polo Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsbombay restaurantenglish pubolder partfourth floorclose to the airportmetro stationbuffet breakfastswimming poolhotel is locatedindian foodshort staygold soukreception staffpleasant stayexcellent hotelenjoyed my staydeira
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here in November of 2012 for the rugby 7s tournament. this was a pretty good hotel there is a bar and club down stairs so some rooms I imagine are loud. the staff was very friendly, but yes you should tip because its the right thing to do. me and three other friends stayed in one room together and we managed. the area is alright but far from everything that is important but a short 10 minute walk to the metro stop which is world class

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your kind and generous comments on your stay at the Marco Polo Hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Rugby Sevens which is quite an event here in Dubai and getting bigger every year. With more and more events happening in Dubai, we hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant in Marcopolo Hotel Deira called Bombay with my friend; my sister has been here couple of times with her friends and its one of her fav restaurants in Dubai, so I thought to give it a try. My first reaction was its like any other Indian restaurant around, this reaction lasted only till the food was served on my table! I give food 5 stars; I have been to most of the elite Indian restaurants here in Dubai, but they mostly lack the right taste, I suggest 'Bombay Kofta' which is one of the yummiest Kofta dish I have tried. The texture was right, delicately spiced and rich gravy(must try). My friend and I shared some 'Dal Makhani' too; all I can say is my Punjabi taste buds were contented at last! Again, its a must try if you visit this restaurant. Then started the live Indian band!!! And what more would one ask for? Songs from 70's, 80's and even the recent ones... they take requests as well...so there I go, with my requests right from 'Aapke pyar mein' to 'Zara Zara Behekta hai'. I had few drinks later and then my requests went more subtle like 'Dil Dhoondta hai phir wahi'.
Ambience is great, good service,ever smiling Manager, mouth watering Indian food, soothing music; My friend and I had a great experience here; looking forward to visit again.

P.S- I suggested my 6 months pregnant friend to visit this restaurant recently with her relatives who are a bit choosy about food; glad they all enjoyed a lot and liked the food too!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Moonlight1986chandni
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our prized Indian Restaurant, The Bombay , here at the TripAdvisor site. Your feedback was spot on the exact reactions we were hoping for when we conceptualized this outlet. From the great food to the entertainment and the ambiance, we cannot thank you enough for your wonderful words of praise. We are so very happy your sister recommended us to you and you also referred us to your friends.

It was a pleasure serving you and we most certainly look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Hotel  is the right choice for visitors who are searching for a combination of price and quality. The Marco Polo staff offer an attentive, personalized service and are always available to offer any help to guests. Five excellent restaurants offer a wide variety of international cuisine: Chinees, Indian, Mexican, Philipine : a menu to suit every plate. A sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day. Marco Polo central location in the heart of old town means that guests are never far from great shopping, fascinating museums and architectural & cultural gems of the city.Secure hotel parking is also available for you vehicle during your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your wonderful review of the Marco Polo Hotel. Value for money accommodations without sacrificing guest comfort and the best food and beverage outlets as well as entertainment for all guests is our aim and we are very glad you were able to enjoy them all, even the central location of being close to the cultural gems of the city and the secure hotel parking. You were able to capture perfectly what we want to convey to all guests.

Thank you very much and we are very glad you made the right choice in Marco Polo!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Near to the metro station, free shuttle bus to the beach, very friendly staff, the breakfast is not 100'% optimal for guests from Europe, but you find something to eat, Dubai is nice to see. Ladies alone are no problem

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Ms Fanny,

A very warm thank you for your kind review here in Tripadvisor. We are very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our central location, free beach shuttle and friendly staff service. Nothing pleases us more than to hear that we were able to provide quality service to you, our valued guests.

It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel and and staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The room and breakfast where good. Only comment, air co at dining/breakfast room was little to cold for us and also little noisy at night when disco.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Dennis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a feedback. We are delighted to read your excellent rating of the hotel and staff despite some problem with A/C and disco noise. Your feedback has been shared and discussed with other team members in order to address issues raised accordingly.

Again thank you and we hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.