“Good Value & Good Location :)”

Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Ranked #206 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Golden Sands 5 in June for 1 week. Upon arrival we checked-in within 15min. Our room was on 5th Floor & was a Studio Room with balcony with views of swimming pool. The room is spacious with a small kitchenette (cooker, microwave, kettle, sink, fridge/freezer) and bathroom as you enter. Rooms had double bed with sofas. All rooms are very clean and house keepers come everyday and replenish tea, coffee and sugar sachets. Golden Sands 5 has a roof top swimming pool which is abit dated. Golden Sands 3 swimming pool is better with new sun beds and umbrella. The location of this hotel is great as its 10-15min to airport, 15min to Dubai Mall & 30min to Mall of Emirates & Wild Wadi Water Park by taxi. Meena Bazaar is 15min walk.

Overall a good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading some "not so good reports" on here, I was pleasantly surprised at the level of accommodation and service received!

Knowing this was a dry hotel/apartment, I did some research beforehand to ensure we made the most of our short stay.

We stayed at the Golden Sands 5 for four nights. Check in was swift and efficient and we was in our room within minutes (room 302) the room was great for our needs. Knowing it was Ramadan, we needed somewhere we could make ourselves something to eat should we have struggled finding somewhere, but this was fine as the hotel restaurant was open 24/7.

So a HUGE double bed, a lounge area enough to seat 5/6, a large flat screen TV (never used) a small kitchen comprising of sink, 2 ring hob, microwave, and a fridge freezer.

Also there was a free in room safety deposit box, and as an added bonus, was free wifi in the room :-).

This hotel is fairly well positioned! There are a number of hotels close to this that have nice restaurants and bars, there are also a a couple of not so nice bars, if you know what I mean.

All-in-all a good place for a base to visit Dubai and only a 10-15 minute walk to the metro station, just seems a lot longer in the July heat!!!

I would definitely stay here again, all the staff were very pleasant and attentive.

A good choice, and for the money, no complaints at all.

Room Tip: 302, all the rooms ending in 02 are the largest rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyBrock
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My two friends and I stopped here for a few nights on our travels. We were greeted with juice from one of the very polite doormen whilst checking in, and after having our bags brought up to our room, we found that it was a spacious, clean and nicely air-conditioned.

Nice pool, average food although we didn't try much of it, good value for money.. only word of warning would be to think twice before getting in a taxi they will offer you when you leave the hotel door, they can be very expensive... wait for the regular yellow and green ones that will come by soon enough (no matter how much they try to persuade you into their white, flash cars!)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank xxreedy
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I spent 5 nights in Golden Sands Three with my partner and for what we paid, we was more than happy with the apartment! On arrival check in was very quick and are room was very clean! It had a handy kitchen with all the essentials you would need! It had a large t.v with plenty english channels on it and the maid service was brilliant!
The air conditioning was fabulous- just what was needed in the summer heat in Dubai! It was a great location- easy to explore Dubai! A taxi to the city centre (where the burj and Dubai Mall was) was only around 20 dirhams (around 4 english pounds)
Breakfast was ok, it was edible but nothing special! But, again I must emphasise this is a cheap place to stay so we was happy enough and just had toast and coffee! If i was to come back to Dubai again I would consider staying at the Golden Sands again! It allowed us to see the beautiful city of Dubai on a budget which was managable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank natalie_mason_1993
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Centrally located and a GREAT value for the money. Had a studio in GS 3. View over the pool and not noisy at all. Very close to all the sites in Dubai. The food isn't really that good, but there is a little shop across the street if u want to cook. Fully stocked kitchenette so easy to cook for yourself. And spinneys down the road! Staying again next week!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was ok for that period and I didn't spend any time in the room. There was no cold water running only warm and very hot. Wi-fi was included in my room rate but the first night the wifi was down in my room and I could only access it in the lobby. It was fixed the next day but kept dropping off in my room and I could only use it in the lobby. Staff were friendly, the hotel receptionist seemed really flustered with all the activity going on. With all the other hotels in Dubai i'll choose another if I go back..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Didn't enjoy this hotel at all. Stayed in GS3 and the apartment was very run down and didn't smell pleasant. The breakfast was very average and not really worth having. I would advise yo to spend a little more and stay somewhere nicer

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business