“our stay at the Golden sands apartments complex no. 3”

Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Ranked #201 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Vught, The Netherlands
“our stay at the Golden sands apartments complex no. 3”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

good location, nice rooms, bathroom fixtures a bit seedy, shower erratic.
taxis easily available, supermarket close by
clealiness of rooms average, could be better (tons of dirt under the beds, which I found out when I dropped something and had to hunt for it)
no WiFi in the rooms, but only in the lobby, which is a minus.
Staff was friendly, but when I wanted to leave behind a letter for a friend at reception, they categorically refused, saying that they could not accept anything for anyone, but would hand it over to the police! Thought that was wierd, considering my friend was going to pick the letter up and all they had to do was keep it till then!
This changed my opinion about the friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: check if the building has WiFi in the rooms, as this varies from building to building! there are 9 G...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lagos
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Well located good value for self catering. Helpful staff. There is a supermarket near Apartment 5. When booking it is important to note which number or block is your room located. Note far from Diera has a Mall nearby. Not sure how far the Metro was but Taxi was easily available

• Stayed November 2012
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in golden sands 3 for 4 nights and overall enjoyed my experience.

PROS: the studio that my husband and I stayed in was a comfortable size studio with a kitchen (never used), washer/dryer, fridge, microwave, flat panel tv, 2 couches, two twin beds and a bathroom. The blackout curtains were very nice if you wanted to sleep in and the non-smoking floor we got smelled good and was relatively quiet (until the Indian family checked in and would yell at each other down the hall, not the hotel's fault but still happened). The hotel is 10 minutes walking from the metro and the hotel is willing to catch you a cab anytime. The staff is very nice.

CONS: the hotel is 10 mins from the metro, which in the summer heat can be brutal (we went in November when the weather was very nice). The bathroom fixtures seemed old and worn. The shower water was sporadic, some days only hot would come out, other days only cold would come out and the pressure continuously varied. The maid service was also poor. The first day we were only given 2 large bath towels, the second day we received two body towels, one hand towel and one towel for the floor, the third day we were back to two large towels only. The coffee and tea packages were also never replaced after using them the first day, even after making the request. The beds were a bit on the hard side. We also ordered a shared bed for my husband and I and we were given two single beds. I asked to be changed the next day and was told there was availability at check in (for the next day) but the next day and for our entire stay all I heard were excuses and we had twin beds our entire stay. As I mentioned, the staff was nice but they weren't very helpful. Constant excuses about the beds and we had someone come and show us how to use the washer/dryer but his English was very poor and we hardly understood him. We did what we thought he told us but after the dry cycle the clothes were still wet so we called and he set it up for us and he did exactly what we did and the clothes still came out wet so we think the drying unit didn't work properly. Also, the place is a bit hard to find, doesn't come up on google and the taxi driver was lost and drove around a lot, making us over pay him.

Didn't eat there or use the pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Sands Hotel Apartments during our visit and had booked the studio room. The rooms are quite spacious and well equiped with all basic necessities.

In the rooms we had a TV, washing machine, Clothes Rack, Balcony, A sitting area as well. Very Curtious and prompt staff. All our calls and needs were answered quickly.

We took the package with daily breakfast and it was great. I recommend it. An entire spread of English breakfast, bit of lebanese, salads and 2 Indian items(which changes everyday hence, not repeated.

Taxis are freely available right outside. This includes the Dubai Taxis as well as taxis of the hotel. And guess what, the Hotel Taxis include Landcruisers. And at the same meter rate as the Dubai Taxis.

Tip: Just at 2 mins walk from the Hotel Apartments, there is a supermarket where everything is available and better to buy daily items from there.

We stayed at the Golden Sands Apartments 5, i recommend it

Room Tip: All rooms well equiped, clean and spacious. So choose any of them
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed with 4 friends on a stop over to Paris.
The apartments are spacious. In walking distance to shopping centre and metro.
The staff were very helpfull. I have no hesitations in recommending to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bwisetraveller
Hvidovre
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice hotel which as all places in UAD is a little to happy to use air condition. The hotel has a shuttle bus going to and from jumerira Beach evert day. At the lobby and the restaurant there is free WiFi which words well. Free parking in closed area is nice if you have rented a car.
The reception is friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth F
Gandhidham, India
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I just love staying at Golden Sands Hotel Apartments. I have been here thrice and every time I visit Dubai I prefer to stay here as the rates are great and the apartments are loaded with amenities so it feels as if you are staying at your own home. The housekeeping staff is very good and the rooms are very well furnished and tastefully done. It is located in Bur Dubai right in the heart of Dubai so every place is easily accessible from here. There is a supermarket just opposite the hotel which is a big convenience.

However they get a little stingy with your check ins and check outs and I had a pretty bad experience with this last time I was here in October 2012. I was travelling with my wife and 2 year old daughter and I requested to check out a little late as my flight was in the evening and it would be inconvenient to wait at the airport. The manager on duty who I must point out was very very very rude while dealing with this and said that I would have to full day's tariff. I requested him to be reasonable but he still charged me half day's tariff even though I explained it to him that its difficult for me to wait at the airport with a child. I wish they would be a little more accommodating and polite especially to their regular guests.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a pool view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family