“Nice Place to stay!”

Ranked #206 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nice Place to stay!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Sands Hotel Apartments during our visit and had booked the studio room. The rooms are quite spacious and well equiped with all basic necessities.

In the rooms we had a TV, washing machine, Clothes Rack, Balcony, A sitting area as well. Very Curtious and prompt staff. All our calls and needs were answered quickly.

We took the package with daily breakfast and it was great. I recommend it. An entire spread of English breakfast, bit of lebanese, salads and 2 Indian items(which changes everyday hence, not repeated.

Taxis are freely available right outside. This includes the Dubai Taxis as well as taxis of the hotel. And guess what, the Hotel Taxis include Landcruisers. And at the same meter rate as the Dubai Taxis.

Tip: Just at 2 mins walk from the Hotel Apartments, there is a supermarket where everything is available and better to buy daily items from there.

We stayed at the Golden Sands Apartments 5, i recommend it

Room Tip: All rooms well equiped, clean and spacious. So choose any of them
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed with 4 friends on a stop over to Paris.
The apartments are spacious. In walking distance to shopping centre and metro.
The staff were very helpfull. I have no hesitations in recommending to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bwisetraveller
Hvidovre
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice hotel which as all places in UAD is a little to happy to use air condition. The hotel has a shuttle bus going to and from jumerira Beach evert day. At the lobby and the restaurant there is free WiFi which words well. Free parking in closed area is nice if you have rented a car.
The reception is friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth F
Gandhidham, India
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I just love staying at Golden Sands Hotel Apartments. I have been here thrice and every time I visit Dubai I prefer to stay here as the rates are great and the apartments are loaded with amenities so it feels as if you are staying at your own home. The housekeeping staff is very good and the rooms are very well furnished and tastefully done. It is located in Bur Dubai right in the heart of Dubai so every place is easily accessible from here. There is a supermarket just opposite the hotel which is a big convenience.

However they get a little stingy with your check ins and check outs and I had a pretty bad experience with this last time I was here in October 2012. I was travelling with my wife and 2 year old daughter and I requested to check out a little late as my flight was in the evening and it would be inconvenient to wait at the airport. The manager on duty who I must point out was very very very rude while dealing with this and said that I would have to full day's tariff. I requested him to be reasonable but he still charged me half day's tariff even though I explained it to him that its difficult for me to wait at the airport with a child. I wish they would be a little more accommodating and polite especially to their regular guests.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a pool view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anuj S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was surprised what I got for my money. I literally needed a place to crash for 7 hours and managed to get an online booking for a great price. The staff at reception were very friendly and very efficient. The apartment was amazing for the price I paid. The size of the apartment was very good, a large and comfortable bed, good sofa. Check out was quick and painless, 3-4 minutes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We actually just arrived here in Dubai with an early flight. At 9am we were already at the hotel. Our room wasn't ready yet. That was ok. If it was for (half) an hour. After 4 hours we are still waiting for our room! And no one would even make an effort! When we asked for the 2nd time if we could check in (because we saw that other guests were being checked in), the receptionist didn't even bother to check if our room was ready. Our stay hasn't even started yet, but I already know that we will never stay at Golden Sands 3 again!

3 Thank Samantha v

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Amsterdam
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for a week, GS3 was part of our holidaypackage including flight, transfer, apartment and breakfast. Due to this package, we got a very good rate for staying here and it was absolutely worth the money while acommodation is expensive in Dubai. We were so happy to be able to check inn after our early flight at 9am already. Check inn was fast and friendly.

The apartment itself was a little dated but overall cozy and quite clean (except for the bathroom, which was very old anyway, quite low water pressure and broken, sharp taps). There was a kitchen, with large fridge. Airco worked very well, but was quite loud. Free internet available with lan-cable (we brought our own, but I think you can borrow one at the reception) and worked ok. Bed was a little to firm for us. TV had a lot of channels, including CNN etc. Lots of closetspace.

Closing the door of the room made quite a lot of noise, which was annoying especially at night when sleeping and 'neighbours' were getting in to their rooms.
Elevators small, so had to wait often, and like another reviewer mentioned, doors close really fast.

Breakfast was served between 6am and 10.30 am and fitted our needs. Breads, sweets, different kinds of fruits, hummus, olives, salad, hearty stuff like omelettes, beans, and every day a different very tasty Indian option. Unfortunately, no real coffee, but powder, and juice is very sweet lemonade. There was always plenty of everything, also around 10 am. Sometimes a little busy, but we never had to wait for a table.
Make sure your room is not in the corridor towards the breakfastarea on the 1st floor, must be noisy and smelly!

Pool was also on the 1st floor, quite small, but looked ok. We didn't use the poolarea, but there were people laying down there in the burning sun from the early morning on.
We went out a lot, always looked for a metered taxi in the street of the hotel or crossing the parking lot opposite the entrance to find one in the mory busy street on the other side of it. Hotel can also fix you a taxi, but we were afraid this would cost a lot more. The metro is a 10 minute walk in the direction of a 24h very large Spinneys supermarket, a pharmacy, a very good Lebanese restaurant, Subway, etc.

In the lobby downstairs there's free wifi, a cafe for coffee, sweats etc. and a desk for rental cars and activities.

Overall, a decent option, no real downs, but next time we would like to stay in a little bit more busy area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple