“Perfect Location”

Ranked #326 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This has been my 2nd stay at St. George, Deira Dubai, U.A.E. This hotel is located right in front of the Creek & about 5 minutes walk from the famous Gold market of Deira Dubai.

I had stayed here during my last visit to Dubai in Oct 2006. The best about this hotel is it's location. I am a Textile trader & for me to visit my clients office without wasting time & money is the priority.

Gold market & textile market of Deira is located just about 5 minutes walk from this hotel. Also incase you need to visit Bur Dubai, which is other half of Dubai, this hotel is the ideal place. Since the Abra (small boat) can take you to Bur Dubai at a very cheap price rather than spending DRS 10-15 by a taxi.

Breakfast is included in your package, which is excellent. The tarriff starts from about $60 to $150 & rooms are spacious & has fantastic view of the creek & market.

It has a happening Bar & Rest as the ground level. Good crowd & amusement for business travellers.

For any business traveller who has work in Deira Dubai, this hotel is surely a good option.

• Liked — Location of the hotel
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Shashi K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
almaty
Reviewed December 2, 2008

that stay in St george was a nightmare experience..
the staff was demonstrative in 'Hostility' not 'Hospitality'..
the was obvious ethnic profiling n negligent attitude from the hotel staff n supervisors towards my Indian partner..
the room service didn't work..
we had to remind to change the bedlinen n towels every day, n those were always kind of washed out and smelly ..
at nights there was a noise n stinky smoke was coming through the ventilation system from topfloor bars..
we were charged for all the amenities which had been advertised as complimentary - for airport shuttle service..
the stuff also lied to us that breakfast was not available..
we intended to stay in that hotel for 7 days, but left after 2days..
the price $200 they charge for a single room is definetely too high for what that miserable service which they offer..

Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank silkroadlady

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

London
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Went to Dubai 11th - 16th April on Business.
Did not want to spend too much on hotel
Booked at $121 a night on hotelclub.com
Creek View room.
Was upgraded to a suite on 1st floor - Room 106
Room was very big, fridge but empty, No kettle for tea.
Picked this hotel mainly because of internet wifi access.
On arrival there, I was told it was not free, had to pay $22 a day which I was disgusted about but had to do.
Breakfast was nothing to write home about - Just Okay.
No Airport Pickup, took a taxi 30AED each way - $8.00.
Hotel was less than 10mins to Hotel. Please take Airport metered coloured taxi, they are much cheaper
Hotel had 3 night clubs on 10th floor, this did not bother me as my room was on 1st floor and I did not hear the noise.
Please ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room if you have to stay here.
The location is great, close to souk and you have the abra boat crossing to Bur Dubai right outside the hotel.
Staff's were friendly, always willing to help, I can't fault them at all.
In general, hotel was very okay for my need. Like I said, it's a 3 star hotel and yes, if I have to, I will stay there again.
I loved the big size of the room. For me, it was a plus.
Babs - London - United Kingdom

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Otunbajesu
york
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the St George and would like to agree with the review of Timothy and Brenda from Manchester. We found the hotel staff extremely helpful and friendly, the room was clean and spacious and we were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost as we arrived at 11am in the morning but they didnt have a room ready,as check in time was 12noon. The suite was on the 2nd floor and they did give us the choice of being on the 6th floor,but did warn us about the nightclub on the 10th floor. We were told that the 2nd floor was no smoking,and it was clean and fresh,no smell of smoke as some other reviews would suggest,and we were not disturbed by the noise from the nightclub. The room was serviced everyday with clean fresh towels,what more could we ask for £88 per night? We visited Dubai last year and stayed at the Dubai Palm Hotel in Deira,definately not recommended. We noticed the St George on our many visits to the Creek and decided to book for this year. Admittedly,we did book then look at the reviews afterwards,if we had taken notice of the reviews we wouldnt have stayed there,but for the price and location,it was definately the right choice for us. Yes,the bar and nightclub is frequented by prostitutes,but we found it quite amusing,but they didnt bother us at all. We are told that this is the norm in most hotels in Dubai,just a higher class in the 5 star hotels!! A visit to the restaurants at the Radisson hotel,a 20 minute walk away down the Creek, are a must,especially the Fish Market,fresh fish restaurant,and theres also a British Pub down there if you fancy a pint,but these are a bit pricey,but you do pay for quality. We had an evening at the races,which was fantastic,many visits to the Souks,walking distance from us,a tour of the whole area on the Big Red Bus Tour,and finished the week off with a dinner evening dhow cruise on the Creek. The Jumeirah beach park is 25drs in a taxi but much nicer is the Al Mamzar beach park,also 25drs by taxi (the hotel taxi will charge you 40,so catch your own taxi from the road). All in all,thoroughly enjoyable and would definately stay there again!!

• Liked — value for money & location
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johowman
Spain
Reviewed February 28, 2008

I booked this hotel with booking.com from the 12th feb to 26th feb.When I arrived the room wasnt ready and I had to wait ,then I was going to be placed on the 8th floor .so I said I had asked for a room away from the disco on the 10th floor, When I said that I wanted to see the room before checking in I was immediately upgraded to the first floor .and found the room quite large .At 6pm I went to the TIVOLI RESTAURANT/BAR and was choosing from the menu when a girl came over and shook hands with me and asked where I was from .within a few minutes I was asked if we could go to my room for sex. I told her to go away, before I had finished my meal there must have been 20/30 of these scantilly clad girls arrived. The 2nd night I was there there was a tap on my door and when I peeped through the spy hole it was one of these women so I shouted go away .it happened again another night so I complained to the under manager called Joe and he told me they were russsian girls and they were a problem but were not allowed upstairs,but if you sit in reception you can see these girls sweep past the security guards and either get into the lifts or walk up the back stairs to the first floor and get the lifts from there,some of them stay over night and you see them leaving the next morning, The bar is open to 3am every night and when they leave there is a hell of a noise with there pimps picking them up tooting there horns .huge motor bikes revving up ,believe me this hotel is hell on earth.and god help the guests that are on the upper floors as the music is deafening and goes on every night until 3am . I could go on and on and kept a daily diary of different happenings at this hotel ,THIS IS NOTHING BUT A 4 STAR BROTHEL AND NOT 4STAR HOTEL and to take money from guests that stay there is disgusting and should be stopped. Also the hotel is in with these girls as every few days the girls take some paper to reception to have them renewed. THIS HOTEL/BROTHEL RUINED MY FIRST VISIT TO DUBAI

• Liked — The day I checked out
  • Disliked — I paid money for hotel accomadation and not to stsy in a BROTHEL
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
31 Thank otelwatch
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I don't want to repeat everything everyone else stated, such as the hotel was dirty, noisy, and had very poor service. A one star hotel. I have other complaints, but I just want to assure readers that the other comments here are accurate. Don't stay here if you can avoid it. This is the worst "hotel" I have ever stayed in, and I just wish I had read these comments before staying there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Too much to mention
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank atassi
manchester
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I had made an online booking through the hotel's reservation portal and got farely good rates considering the peek season of dubai . the rooms are big and spacious with a great view of the dubai creek. My wife loved the location as gold and traditional spice souk surround the hotel and its nice & pleasant walk in the evenings to stroll around the souks. The restaurents of the hotel are decent and serve multi-cuisuines so it was'nt a problem hunting for diners. I remember my trip to dubai in 2006 when i stayed at a hotel in bur dubai with pigeon nest size rooms and conjested roads and construction all over ,unlike that St george hotel was a refreshing change. all rooms have wireless internet and lobby has a business centre as well so that kept me in constant with office back home. Although the hotel is old but maintained well. I would advise staying there if you are looking for a good 3 star hotel and travelling to dubai for leisure and experience the true essence of the city.

cheers

Timothy & Brenda Jonson
Manchester , UK

• Liked — the location and the view
  • Disliked — lack of swiming pool
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple