Admiral Plaza Hotel
Ranked #315 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights at the end of January 2012. Noted some minor improvements over last stay 2 years back to witness the opening of the Burj Khalifa (acclaimed "tallest building inthe world")The rooms were tidy. The internet though now "free" had no reception in the 2nd and 3rd floors so had to take the laptop all the way down to the mezzanine floor where reception was better.
The location of the hotel in the Bur Dubai area was quite accessible to major shopping areas and sundry businesses.
Sadly the buffet breakfast quality had dropped from the level in 2010. Restaurant meals were rather too "indian". Hey, we aren't all mumbai spicey eaters!

Room Tip: Do confirm internet reception in your room or wing if you must use the internet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sam m

Reviewed February 4, 2012

right in between all the action yet very relaxed and comfortable, clean rooms, clean approach, clean linen, good food, excellent location near meena bazar shopping area, lot's of choices for all kinds of meals in all budget ranges, just the right place for indians who prefer indian vegetarian food, great kabab shops, lot's to shop with established gold merchants like joyallukas just around the corner, the hotel is absolute value for money, rooms could be a little larger in size but all the other advantages make up for that, the surprise is the simple indoor swimming pool, expect comfort not 5star luxury.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rajmylestone
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed over each way on our way to Europe. Staff friendly room clean also included breakfast. We have no compaints as to service or rooms. one only needs to stay in France to expiriance SMALL rooms and not forgetting stairsways, lots of hotels in mainline Europe are yet to get a lift installed.. When priced compered this hotel is OKay. Also, people of whatever add colour to a trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed at Admiral Plaza (now renamed Coral Admiral Hotel) in 2000 during the Dubai Shopping Festival. The hotel was part of the package. Check-in was smooth, the room given was good and complimentary water, complimentary fruits and tea & coffee. The location all the more made the hotel attractive since I was staying alone and my moving around the city never been a problem as I could easily take a cab from the hotel's door.

Close by is the Al-Fahidi Street, Meena Bazar and all the major shopping centres. There are several shops selling indian textiles and sarees which were heaven for me.

The Front Desk Staff was always helpful but their gestures were indifferent as if they were over-worked or worked under pressure. Breakfast was good and you couldn't ask for more keeping in mind that it's a three start hotel. Except for breakfast, I never ate there.

I stayed there for 3 nights comfortably but the check-out was a soaring point for me when I asked to pay 70 Dollars for mini-bar which I never touched. Later on I found out from some other travelers who had stayed in this hotel that once you leave the room to check out the housekeeping staff make the most of the mini-bar and charge to your bill.

Anyway despite my protests, I had to pay the money against mini-bar. The overall experience of this nice hotel ruined at this point.

Room Tip: Check your mini-bar before checking out.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank NasreenAshrafGhori
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in December 2011 with a group of 17 students doing a business project. I stayed in a 3-person room #334.

The hotel has a free wi-fi but it doesn't always work and it works only in a few first-floor rooms and some places of lobby. There is a business center with a few computers and internet.

Admiral Plaza Hotel (nowdays Coral Admiral Plaza Hotel, by the way) is not very well known among the taxi drivers even though it's been there over a decade. Sometimes we told the driver to take us to "Royal Ascot Hotel" which is a nearby 5-star well known hotel. Metro station is about 10-15 min walk away through a straight route. The station is green line and next one has a connection to red line.

Our shower had seperate hot and cold water taps which I've always hated because they're not as easy to adjust as just one tap with both.

Our room (334) had a crazy A/C that either was too hard to operate or broken. It was always either hot and moist or just plain cold. Some other rooms had newer digital A/C:s which worked just fine.

Our room had a large construction yard in the next block. They were building 24/7 and the noice was there day and night and it came inside the room. The beds were nice and I saw no bugs at all during our 10-day stay.

Room service didn't work very well. We once ordered a breakfast for the next morning. After about five calls from us to room service and vice versa, the custom breakfast for our friend with a birthday, was not ready on time and we had to cancel it next morning.

I asked for the cheapest way to make local phone calls. The receptionist told me to use the phone found in my room. Two minutes of local calls made a bill of 19 EUR or 25 USD. After complaining I got it for free and was told that the phone in reception is actually FREE to use. This, the confusion with room service and other small things made me not to trust the staff very much, even though they were friendly.

One strange thing noted here often is that the reception actually takes away your passports. I did not like that, but gave it away and got it back without problems. For some it was a problem as we needed some ID later on and all did not have extra-ID's with them.

Most other quests were indian and the hotel was located on a non-luxorious area but it did not matter at all.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be connected together (like 303 & 304, but not 334). Some rooms have newer (digi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Some have said the location is great - not so sure about that. Dubai metro is nearby, but hotel is almost impossible to find. Lots of COCKROACHES in our room. Bad air. No alcohol served. Passports are held in Reception. Never again. Not for western people. Located in the middle of indiantown! Traffic sounds all night. Complimentary water only on check-in day.

Room Tip: Don't come at all.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This Hotel is not for western people it was full of Indians who were well looked after, our passports were held by reception which we were not happy about and could not get back until we checked out, no 24 room service as advertised it a dry hotel which is we were not told about, western diet was not catered for good location but poor in every other respect

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple