“Great Hotel”
Review of Towers Rotana

Towers Rotana
Ranked #110 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed her for 4 nights ideal location right by the Metro . Rooms very clean and spacious Longs bar smokey but very good will stay here again .. Had to pay for wifi but plenty of places near by for free

Room Tip: We had a high floor looking over Dubai brilliant
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
TowersRotanaDubai, Manager at Towers Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for choosing Towers Rotana for your last stay in Dubai.
I was delighted to read that you l enjoyed your stay with us, note your comment on Wi-Fi. you will be pleased to hear that we are working on giving free Wi-Fi in public areas very soon

Looking forward to meeting you on your next stay in the not to distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,703)

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was fault less. Great location for experienced travellers. Near the dubai mall and in 1 direction is downtown dubai in the other are the beaches. Jump in a local cab though it's a big place. Back to the hotel! Room was great very modern and immaculately cleaned every day. Concierge service was fantastic. Front of house team were very helpful. Pool is an adults leisure pool not really for swimming. Its what I wanted so I was happy. Breakfasts were great no issues. The breakfasts catered for anything I could think of. To sum up I would say a great hotel for couples who know how to plan things.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank David B

Thank you for choosing Towers Rotana for your last stay in Dubai.
I was delighted to read that you l enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the many compliments, it made our day.

Looking forward to meeting you on your next stay in the not to distant future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

A very nice property centrally located on Sheikh Zayed Road.. awesome rooms and most importantly i really love the breakfast spread... must stay in property. The rooms are spacious, newly built... Simply its elegant..

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Monish0085

Thank you for choosing Towers Rotana for your last stay in Dubai.
I was delighted to read that you l enjoyed your stay with us.
I really do hope you will come back to Dubai it is an amazing city with lots to do and see.
Looking forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

First of all this Hotel is a 4* establishment which caters largely for the Business trade. It is not largely set up as a Tourist Hotel, and provides very little in the way of displayed Tourist information or promotions. You are forever having to ask questions regarding tours, sites, local knowledge etc. Location is excellent, 5 minutes from nearest Metro Financial Center and one stop to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa. Shuttle buses are available but be forewarned they may be full by the time they arrive at the Rotana. Taxis are reasonable but make sure you hire a Dubai Taxi and not a 'metered' Car as the prices are quite inflated. This Hotel seemingly offers a lot, but somehow always found ways to fall short of what we expected. Rooms whilst comfortable, are poorly lit, and furnishings are dark & drab. Bath tub was old and already had cracks which had been repaired. Room amenities were basic but nothing out of the ordinary. I ordered a 'free' Newspaper everyday, but only ever received one, without any explanation? Breakfast is crowded and noisy, with little chance of ever finding a secluded table, just to have a quiet breakfast. The special 'egg' chef was always over taxed and long delays were experienced. Airport - Hotel transfers are set at highly inflated prices (AED 160) compared to the excellent Taxi service around (AED40). Unless you have Internet included in your package it could become quite costly at 70 AED perday. Why do some Hotels charge for WiFi etc? Surely they can recover costs in the Room charge. Staff on the whole were polite, efficient and did their best to make our stay enjoyable, but we felt that it was a typical Dubai experience, overpriced, expensive and not for us, not that we intend going back!!

1  Thank TWISH326

Thank you for choosing Towers Rotana for your last stay in Dubai.
I was delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us however you did highlight a few challenges for which I offer my apologies. I have addressed these to the various concerned department Managers to look into and rectify, rest assured I will follow up on these. Concerning the rooms these were renovated only 2 years ago and we are finishing of a few room where we had to change bathtubs, this project is now complete. I will instruct the concierge to be more helpful and I really like your idea to have more information available, we will work to improve this service.
Looking forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Rotana Towers is the most unwelcoming hotel that we ever stayed in. I am not sure if their hotel Concierge team really has that “attitude” or we were just subjected to racial discrimination (us, being Asian). We literally approached them and said “please” for them to help us in unloading and loading the luggage from/to the car. And when I asked for help, a member of their team even asked me in unpleasant manner…. “Are you hotel guests?”…. Just, ridiculous and assuming! Too bad, I wasn’t able to note down the names of those staff.

Rooms are dated and somewhat dusty (husband suffered from rhinitis whilst we were there, he has allergic reaction to dust). The hallway on the 12th floor has this very odd smell.

In terms of facilities, pool is too small and too deep for children to enjoy. Their gym however, is spacious and equipped.

We had breakfast at the Flavours on Two, food selection is quite limited but acceptable, quality wise. The restaurant was too crowded when we were there and the restaurant staffs are struggling.

Hope Rotana would encourage their staff to be more service oriented (especially their Concierge team)….

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Towers Rotana for your last stay in Dubai.
I was disappointed to read that you had a less than perfect experience.
The issues you raised have been addressed with the concerned department Managers to look into and rectify. Please accept my apologies for our shortcomings.
May I request you to please let me know next time you will stay in Towers Rotana so that we may better look after you.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is a great plus - and it seems that that is what they are capitalizing on. The lobby is nice.
The rooms, however, are a bit old, and repaired in a shabby manner. Our bathtub had a few significant cracks, and were "fixed" with some sort of glue that was sitting in the tub and looked to me like dirty wax (pretty disgusting). The toilet was not flushing, and there was no vent in the bathroom.

The tea/coffee on our mini bar was never restocked, which I thought was pretty poor.

I tried the room service, and that was moderate at best. After all, Teatro (a great restaurant!) is located within the same hotel- so I was hoping that the room service would offer decent food also.

One day, I cut myself with a knife and needed a band aid - when I called I was told that they do not provide any, and that they did not have any on their facility (???really???).

We had rented a car for our stay in Dubai, and every time we wanted to go out, it would take forever to get us our car.

1  Thank MadeleineOH

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you choose to stay in Towers Rotana for your last trip to Dubai.
Sadly it was not as expected and certainly not as per our usual high standards. I truly apologies for the shortcomings and have taken action together with the respective department Mangers to take the required actions and to rectify the situation.
I sincerely hope that you will try us again and experience the true service quality of the Towers team. Kindly let me know when we can expect you next.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We just returned from spending a week in Dubai at Towers Rotana. The hotel lived up to all the good reviews we read on Tripadvisor prior to visiting. We were met at the airport by the hotel's courtesy limousine driver. On arriving at the hotel we were upgraded to a King Club Suit. The staff in the hotel all spoke English and were very friendly, helpful and responded to any issues raised almost immediately. The suit was excellent and the club lounge facilities were good. We had breakfast, evening drinks and canapes at the Club Lounge, where we found the staff very friendly and helpful. They made every effort to ensure that we had a good time at the lounge every evening. The Gym and facilities in the health club were excellent. The bar downstairs was an excellent spot to 'chill-out' after spending time sightseeing in the hot humid Dubai weather. The location of the hotel made travel easy to all areas of tourist interest without difficulty by taxi (pretty cheap) or in the modern metro (station is about 200 m from the hotel). Overall our experience in Dubai was excellent and the highlights would be visiting the tallest building in the world, having lunch at the Burj Al Arab hotel and going on a daring desert safari. Almost everything in the hotel was excellent including the free Wi-Fi and the friendly staff made our short vacation in Dubai a memorable one. As our flight was late in the evening, the hotel kindly allowed us to stay in our room until we departed to the airport. One possible area the hotel could improve is to have more variety for breakfast!
Winston W

Room Tip: You won't go wrong in selecting a club lounge room. The extras on offer make it really attractiv...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TowersRotanaDubai, Manager at Towers Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Guests,

We are very happy to know that you had an excellent stay with us. We deeply appreciate your nice comments and recommendations to Towers Rotana Dubai. Your kind remarks to our services and facilities will go a long way in motivating our entire team, and it will be always a pleasure to have you as our guests at anytime.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best regards,