“Good value for money”

Ranked #199 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Prague
“Good value for money”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We was only satisfied because we bought our stay in huge discount (so our stay was for about the price of breakfast). Should I pay full price, I will be quite angry as the staff never made us feel welcome.

We was staying in executive room, and were told during check-in, that internet is free. While we was opening the internet, we noticed fee for it. Rather high fee. So we went to executive lounge to ask... free again. OK. How surprised was we when check-out clerk first let us wait 10 minutes so our room is checked (well probably almost 100 USD deposit is not enough for them), and then asked for about 30 USD for two days of internet usage? Rip-off. We explained the situation, refused to pay, the clerk phoned someone and after few more minutes he said it is OK.

Otherwise the stay was fine, wellness facilities are adequate, pool with view of the city on the roof (no view of Burj Khalifa though), breakfast OK apart from the neverending loop of "Yesterday" playing every morning (but we noticed it plays rather all times) in the lobby. The third day it made me want to kill John Lennon...

Position is also quite fine, some 5-10 minutes of walking to Union metro station. Supermarket is just next door, and plenty of restaurants nearby. As expected, everything inside the hotel is 2-3 times overpriced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kianga, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked this hotel for an overnight stopover travelling to Australia from the Uk. I was a bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews. I worried needlessly as the hotel was fantastic. The room was spotless and extremely comfortable. I arrived at 9am knowing that check in was at 2pm and was delighted that they had me in my room by 10am after enjoying a pleasant buffet breakfast in the restaurant. I found every staff member I dealt with to be courteous and extremely helpful and pleasant. Apart from Jumeirah Beach, I have found most places in Dubai to be in the middle of a concrete construction site, but nevertheless this hotel is within walking distance of Deira Central shopping mall. I asked several people for directions, all were very helpful and as a single woman in Dubai I felt very safe and welcomed the whole time I was there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Murfreesboro,TN
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our trip. Honestly we normally go for value, and to that end the hotel was very well appointed for the price. The room was ready upon arrival and the staff was courteous. Wi-fi costs extra an if you buy it in the lobby you cannot use the same code in your room which is frustrating.

The location is close to Diera which is an older part of the city. Access to the metro is a 10 minute walk. It won't take long to realize that the whole city is very spread out and the metro is going to be coupled with cabs to get to most locations. The hotel is not close to any major attractions in the city and to that end I probably wouldn't stay there again; however that statement has nothing to do with the hotel which had good service, a clean room, and a great price.

• Stayed October 2012
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I would recommend this hotel for business travellers efficient friendly staff,excellent decor,good food enjoyable rooftop pool with good snacks drinks and service. From the moment we entered hotel we were extremely well catered for. Great ambience to this hotel. Looking forward to returning on our next visit to Dubai we would stay there again ...

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel for business travellers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Abdullah,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay with us and was really pleased to hear that our service made your stay a memorable and a pleasurable one.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Metropolitan Palace Hotel in a not too distant future.

Regards,

Yashvanth
Crossett, Arkansas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Booked this hotel online and upon arrival all was ok. The location is ok as long as you don't mind long walks (20+ min) to a main shopping area, otherwise you have to have a taxi or rent a car. The staff was courteous and helpful. I did feel a little uncomfortable at times if I happen to be walking around with my husband as there a lot of men in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Metropolitan Palace Hotel, would like to thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for appreciating our location and service. So sad to here from you that you experienced discomfort walking around the area because of lots of men which is unfortunately not under our control. However, we are still expecting your next visit to us.

Assure you our best attention at all times.

Regards,

Yashvanth Gowda
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed October 5, 2012

in My experience was not as good with this hotel that I have found in bed 3 ( insect bed bug ) This is unacceptable And nasty, Egyptian man at the reception was uncooperative.
i he was like smart man Wants to deceive me and provide room is not clean and good i dont like this from hotel like Metropolitan Palace they must be excellent, and the AC not good at all they have BAD AC.

Room Tip: Not worth to stay in this hotel......
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank N A
Reviewed October 4, 2012

on arrival all seemed ok.. checked in...went to room....room was ok for price range...
i was travelling with a female friend and we felt un safe to be completly honest. I have visited dubai before and stayed at the atlantis where i felt much safer as a female traveller...
theres a air of un-ease the area is downtown and both me and my friend were followed back from a restaurant one night by a local man. On another occasion abuse was shouted from a car because we didnt have a male with us! Diera is not a good area to stay in for lone females...
the front desk staff were frankly rude and un helpful... the only member of staff who was polite on contact was the doorman.
the pool area is poor...very old fashioned..horrible sun beds....

would not go back and would warn lone females to stick to areas like dubai marina and shatk zeyed road where its more geared to tourists.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends