We was only satisfied because we bought our stay in huge discount (so our stay was for about the price of breakfast). Should I pay full price, I will be quite angry as the staff never made us feel welcome.
We was staying in executive room, and were told during check-in, that internet is free. While we was opening the internet, we noticed fee for it. Rather high fee. So we went to executive lounge to ask... free again. OK. How surprised was we when check-out clerk first let us wait 10 minutes so our room is checked (well probably almost 100 USD deposit is not enough for them), and then asked for about 30 USD for two days of internet usage? Rip-off. We explained the situation, refused to pay, the clerk phoned someone and after few more minutes he said it is OK.
Otherwise the stay was fine, wellness facilities are adequate, pool with view of the city on the roof (no view of Burj Khalifa though), breakfast OK apart from the neverending loop of "Yesterday" playing every morning (but we noticed it plays rather all times) in the lobby. The third day it made me want to kill John Lennon...
Position is also quite fine, some 5-10 minutes of walking to Union metro station. Supermarket is just next door, and plenty of restaurants nearby. As expected, everything inside the hotel is 2-3 times overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious 5-star service at the Carlton Palace Hotel. Welcome to the Carlton Palace Hotel - a grand 5-star hotel in the heart of Deira within easy reach of Dubai Creek, Dubai Airport, metro stations and the World Trade Centre. Carlton Palace Hotel is a luxurious hotel for both leisure and business travellers with an unparalleled combination of exemplary service, beautifully renovated rooms, stunning decor, international dining, central location and value for money. Reminiscent of an elegant era, the magnificent Baroque lobby with an imposing double staircase leads to the 212 spacious and newly refurbished rooms and suites. The rooms range from 32-250 m² and are centred around an imposing balustrade-lined Atrium with greenery encircling a fountain. The hotel features all the facilities of a 5-star hotel including rooftop swimming pool, spacious fitness centre with views of the city, business centre, a variety of restaurants and bars, 24-hour room service, conference and ballroom facilities as well as three floors dedicated to executive rooms and suites overlooking a classic Executive Lounge. Our welcoming staff will attend to your every need at check-in and beyond. That's a promise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Carlton Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Metropolitan Palace
- Metropolitan Palace Dubai