“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed November 13, 2007

The Fairmont was absolutely fantastic. The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. The Spectrum on One restaurant is truly amazing with a wide selection of different types of food. The sunrise and sunset swimming pools are very well kept and are relatively quiet. I had a relaxing massage at the Willow Stream Spa, which was absolutely wonderful. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Dubai.

• Liked — Helpful staff and wonderful restaurants
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was all fantastic!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shopaholic82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lagos
Reviewed September 9, 2007

It took me almost a month of reading various reviews on almost all the 5 star hotels in Dubai before I finally settled for Fairmont Hotel and am glad I did. I travelled to dubai with my husband and 2 sons ( ages 9 and 4) for 4 nights at the end of July. We stayed in a one bedroom suite- the living room was very spacious, bedroom was same, bathroom was sheer luxury-it had everything a 5 star hotel should. The children loved the hotel! very friendly staff especially the door staff. Breakfast was delicious and we could never finish it. All in all, Fairmont hotel is trully a five star hotel. There is not much for kids to do- so while I will definitely stay in Fairmont again on a business trip, I may try out of the hotels in Jumerah for another family holiday.

• Liked — The suite, friendly staff and fast room service delivery
  • Disliked — More of a business hotel than family hotel
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Ronnie28
Dubai
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I stayed at the Fairmont for a week in July while on business. The hotel has a beautiful façade and a grand lobby. It also has a good selection of restaurants. The rooms though were not up to par. I was expecting more compared to other five star hotels I have stayed at in Dubai. Housekeeping was not paying attention to details. One day they forgot to clean the drain in the shower. Also the furniture in the room was starting to get a rundown look. The hotel needs to start renovating the rooms. The location is great if you are on business and it was very easy to get a taxi. The internet charges were ridiculous. I think for the amount I paid for internet access for 24 hours I could get a month’s access on subscription. Overall you could get better value for the price you pay at the Fairmont in Dubai.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rundown room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank ZAK12003
Melbourne. Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Stayed in this hotel for a three night stop over. Just superb! The hotel itself is very nice (yes there are nicer ones in dubai), but the service from beginning to end was superb! My only issue (if any) was maybe the restaurant could be better - still nice - but better. Very friendly staff, great beds, great breakfast and very central location.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christof
Nottingham UK
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Not much to say except this is the 3rd time I have stayed at the Fairmont - actions speak louder then words...

The Fairmont is quite expensive, but you get what you pay for - excellent service - this is a grand hotel that is very welcoming.

Despite staying in a smoking room the ioniser was excellent and the smell was negible.

Would certainly stay here again (again).

• Liked — Service and the Welcome.
  • Disliked — Pricey (but worth it!)
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Big_Daddy_Si
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We stayed for three nights at the end of April after checking the range of hotels out on Tripadvisor. Last year we had stayed at the Sofitel which was very average.

Staff are excellent and could not be more helpful. Especially the junior staff like waiters, front door boys and room staff.

We can recommend the Japanese cafe on the ground floor for a quick meal, the italian restaurant on the pool floor and the grill.

Our only problem is that we had been given a room with a interconnecting door to another suite. The door was locked but it did not keep out the noise between 3AM to 6AM. Luckily the next door guests left after one night.

All Dubai hotels seem expensive and the Fairmont cost us A$570 a night including breakfast and with free internet. This rate was through our travel agent as the hotel web site was more expensive most unusual.

• Liked — very good service from all levels of staff
  • Disliked — party noise from inter connecting room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank David_Albert_Park
LONDON
Reviewed April 19, 2007

We stayed at The Fairmont for 5 nights over Easter. Never been to Dubai and was curious to see what all the fuss was about! I researched the hotel thru Trip advisor and we were very pleased with what we got!

Beautiful hotel, immaculatley kept in every aspect.The rooms are large, we were on the 27th floor with a sea & city view.Marble bathroms with Miller Harris products,robes and slippers all that you would expect from a 5 star hotel. All the staff were fantastic, smiling all the time and nothing was too much trouble for them. For example I sneezed at the pool one day, next minute September the poll boy brought me a box of tissues, thats what I call service. Only at Reids Palace in Maderia have I had that level of service!!

We stayed by the pool every day,I am a total sun worshipper and had choosen this hotel as no one had complained about the sun leaving the pool at 3 or 4pm. I was a little stressed the first day when we arrived to see a very small pool and no sun loungers available! I was then told to go to the Sunset pool (we were at the Sunrise) and the sun would be around at 1pm! This was the only day we had a lounger issue!

The first night we had dinner in the hotel, I had done some research and one helpful "Tripper" had posted the complete "Dubia Time Out" best restuarant . As the best Global was at "The Fairmont" we decided to try.A little disapointing,possible too much choice, rather over welming.We ordered a "Fruits de Mer" which tasted of fishy cotton wool,not really the hotels fault, sometimes these over grown prawns etc look fantastic but the taste is certainly no senstion!!

The second night we went to the best Latin American restaurant at The Jumeriah beach, cant remember its name as it was not a very memorable meal! It was at that point we decided to give up on 5 star hotel restaurants!

The Souk Medinat had a great Lebanese Restaurant which I would recommend,it was memorable but sorry cant remeber the name! You can have Shisha pipes ( hubbly bubbly) there which is rather fun.

Off course we went to The Mall of the Emeriates, just to see what all the fuss was about.Very impressive,but I was not in the shopping mood (lucky husband)

We also visited the Emirates Tower for cocktails, very good, excellent view. we were too late for bar at The Grosvenor House and The Buddah bar was closed for a private party!

We coulnt get a reservation at "Al Burg Arab" yes I know i said I was done with 5 stars but this was 7 stars so it does not count!

The Gold Souk was a waste of time, tacky, tatty shops selling rubbish unless you like cheap gold that is!

In a nut shell, Dubai is very interesting,great hotels, good shops, fantastic weather . The shopping is good but no better than London or New York, I guess if you dont live in either of these cities then it is great. Its not a bargin place to shop, tax free or not!. I would certainly visit again. Next time I would stay nearer the beach , now I know my way around the place. I would certainly stay at The Fairmont is I was passing thru for a day or two, as it is close to the airport.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple