“Pretty OK place to stay”
Review of J5 Rimal

J5 Rimal
Ranked #23 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Lahore, Pakistan
“Pretty OK place to stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is their staff. I found them extremely friendly and accommodating. Lot of food variety at breakfast and there is an option for one to sit outdoors. Some studio apartments seem more spacious than others and half the front windows open towards a parking lot which is nice but the rest have another building in front which restricts one's view.
The Alrigga metro station is 750 meters away and takes a few minutes to reach on foot. Couple of very nice Arab restaurants nearby, I would recommend the one on the corner, near the metro station. A general store right opposite and across the road has most of your daily needs and supplies. For cheap souvenir/gift shopping there is a store called "the discount centre" at about two o'clock (North-East) from the front of the hotel. The food at the two Arab restaurants in front was a little difficult to digest for me.
The room sound insulation needs a lot of attention as late night movements in other rooms can be quite disturbing.
The kitchen in the studio apartment is very small and gets cluttered up because of lack of counter space. There is potential and better planning can sort things out. Frankly I couldn't use the kitchen much because of its tiny size. There is no washing machine in the kitchen and no toaster or microwave. So what does the kitchen have? Two burner stove and an electric kettle.
The charge for the use of internet seems a little out of place as most of the hotels all over the world have free wi-fi usage. A rich place like Dubai should show more of its hospitality.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with window opening onto the parking lot. The view of the street in front is inter...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank arkicon1
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback you post on trip advisor, and glad to know that our team met your expectaion.

I have noticed your comments about the window isolation, and pleased to inform you that we are in the process of fixing new beddings for better noise isolation.

With regards to the kitchen counter rearrangement, I will discuss the same with the Management team to detirmine better arrangement.

For your next visit, please do not hesitate to ask our House Keeping Team, should you require any additional equipements, as we have a Microwaves available upon request for studios, and permenant ones fixed in our Classic Two Bedrooms Suite.

I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
UK, Iran
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I really dont like to write a bad review of this hotel, because it offers many great things, but a couple of terrible incidences really compromised our experience. We stayed here in January 2012 and booked a 2-bedroom apartment.

Positives:
- Very clean hotel/rooms and quick and efficient cleaning/room services
- Staff friendly and very attentive to guest requests (well, at least most of them). Doormen in particular were incredibly friendly and helpful.
- Great food, well above the standard of most 4* hotels in Dubai
- Good location and easy access to pretty much everywhere (including a metro station), despite being in the old part (and the slightly dodgy Rigga area) of Dubai
- Probably most important for us, a true family hotel. If you have stayed in hotels nearby (and in fact most hotels in Dubai, including the 5* ones) you'll know what i mean.

Negatives:
- this, perhaps, is not the fault of the hotel, but rather, Rotana group's website: I booked the 2-bed apart for 5 people. So when you state 5 people on the website, you'd expect the price quoted to be for 5 people. Upon arrival, we were told that we need to pay an extra 300 dhs per night for the 5th person to be given a bed, so one of us ended up sleeping on the sofa every night, not because we are tight, but I just felt it was out of order to charge us this extra amount. I decided not to argue with them and just accepted this.
- unfortunately, most staff at this hotel dont speak very good English. I fully understand that English is not the first language of almost every member of staff, but they need to be able to communicate at an acceptable level with guests. I had great difficulties communicating with the person who checked us in and also the 'guest services' line.
- One particular waiter at the cafe downstairs, where they serve the breakfast, was extremely rude. I won't mention his name, but if I was alone on this trip I would have made a big noise about this.
- and the worst thing: about 300 pounds went missing from my mother's handbag, which was left in the room when we were out. We reported this to the management, and to be fair, the hotel manager took this seriously and started an investigation while we were there. As we were flying back on that day, he took my contact details and promised to contact me when they have completed their investigation, but I was never contacted.

Overall, given the fact that this hotel is carrying Rotana's name (I have had several positive experiences with this group), I strongly recommed that the management review their staff hiring policies. This is a great hotel, so please dont let a couple of below-standard employees ruin the reputation of the group.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank City_Kid01
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

As we appreciate our valued guest’s feedback, I have shared your comments with the Management Team here and proper coaching was giving to the concerned team members to ensure delivering standard services and meet our guest expectations.

I have noticed your comments about the lost money, and I’m assuring you that with our tight safety and security procedures, it is difficult to have such incident happens.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future, and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further clarification you may require.

Plantation, FL USA
Reviewed April 25, 2012

this place was great! the staff was superb. one issue with reservation through venere.com
but the manager, after some discussion, resolved it to our satisfaction. would stay there again without a doubt. close to train but immediate neighborhood, not too good. didn't matter to us because the hotel staff, incredible breakfast buffet and hotel itself made up for the couple downsides.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boeiden
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback, and glad to know that you will return back to stay with us in the future.

I will share as well your nice comments with the team here, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

London
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were at Rimal Rotana for 7days. Service was top class from the moment we entered the hotel, all the way to the time we left. They always provided a service with a smile from all levels and would go out of their way to assist in any way they could. An excellent hotel with the facilities, including the gym and swimming pool. The location of the hotel was excellent, as all the amenities near by and 10 min from airport and other places of interest. A highly rated hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amjed Q
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
It was indeed a delight to know that you had an enjoyable stay at the Rimal Rotana. It is our goal to achieve the highest standards of service we could offer to our guests and it is always rewarding for my team to learn that we have met your satisfactions.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Rimal Rotana in the near future. Rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalized care at all times.

Yours sincerely,

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Lovely rooms with beautiful air conditioning. Very neat and clean. Was there for just a few hours but was pleasant. Friendly and very helpful staff, went the extra mile to give me an upgrade when my room wasnt ready, nice ambience, conveniently located very close to the airport so it is not difficult to finish work and come back for your bags. GREAT swimming pool with temperature control so that is a HUGE plus. Only minus point I would give is the poor breakfast spread. For a city with more than half the population from India there was hardly anything Indian about the breakfast. Mostly breads and fruits n nuts. But its manageable so not such a huge crib as such.

Room Tip: Great hotel in terms of convenience and close proximity to the airport.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for posting your positive review on trip advisor which will be shared with the team here.

I have noticed as well your suggestion to add more Indian dishes to our Breakfast Buffet, and I assure you that we will take it in to consideration.

I hope to welcoming you back in the near future – but for longer stay this time.

Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Friendly welcoming staff, large CLEAN rooms with a kitchenette which is handy for families , great shower , breakfast was plentiful, fresh and lots of variety ..
Great location in Deira, 15 mins to airport by taxi and cost 35aed approx (catch the metro it cost 6aed and takes 15 -20min) , 5 min walk to the metro station, 2 min walk to a convenience store,
Definately recommend this hotel to all .. many thanks Rimal Rotana team ..

Room Tip: I had a studio room on the 4th floor which was great ..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, and the fact that the Hotel Location was very convenient for you being in the down town.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Rooms Division
Frankfurt
Reviewed February 27, 2012

staff is extremely helpful and goes the extra mile to please the guests, we arrived early morning (04h00) and could even have food and beverages until we could check in. convenient to metro and airport, Excellent breakfast buffet, reception staff is very knowledgeable on tips for things to do and excursions. Rooms are spacy, good value for money and outstanding personal service. Very recommendable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive comments on Trip Advisor, and I’m pleased to know that our team's efforts met your expectation.

We will always ensure providing our guests with the best services and quality worth the money they pay, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Rooms Division