“Brilliant!”
Review of Ramada Dubai

Ramada Dubai
Ranked #210 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Taxi from airport 15 mins. Easy check in. Everything as expected from a 4 star.
The staff were particularly attentive and courteous. Good Walter for money.
Everything you may need is either walking distance or a short taxi ride away.
Will book again.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Ramada Dubai

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife, daughter & I are just back from 2 weeks at the Ramada Dubai (1st Aug-15th). First thing to note when coming out of the Airport in Dubai is there are lot of people with badges offering taxis, beware as these are generally private cars and will be double the cost. There is an official taxi rank just yards outside the airport - these cars are cream colour so easy to spot.

Taxi from the airport to the hotel was around 30dhs - under £6 ! (20mins). All offical taxis are metered which you can see so easy to gauge prices.

There are women taxi drivers at the airport whom will only take woman & children or familys but no men on their own - which is reasonable to accept.

Things to note in Aug - 1. Its Ramadan & EID 2. Its Very very HOT !!

If you like quiet then Ramadan is perfect - things are relatively quite, this doesn't mean everything is closed etc, its just quieter and opening times etc are slightly different for restaurants etc but nothing major.

Onto the Hotel - the welcome from the door staff was nice - most helpful with luggage etc. Check in was easy & friendly - we arrived early morning due to BA changing our flight time which meant we checked in the morning after we should have, however BA did upgrade our flight over for free which made all the difference for a night flight.

The floors surround a large atrium which is lovely with a couple of restaurants on either side. The lifts are reasonably quick so no hanging around. We were on the 6th floor. The room was spacious & clean with large wardrobe & safe. The bathroom was adequate and shower was powerful. There is a general issue with cold water in the UAE - so don't expect a nice super cold shower to cool off either at the pool or at the beach - It won't happen ! The bed was firm but nothing to stop you sleeping ! The room has air conditioning which works like a dream.

The hotel pool itself was cool so helped a lot. As mentioned it was Ramadan so the hotel was kinda quiet so we had the pool to ourselves on most occasions we went to it, which was great for my daughter who liked to jump about etc in it. The pool is overlooked by the gym which provides the towels & also the lifeguard who makes an appearance every now & then. The loungers are comfy & around the corner of the pool is a balcony area with more loungers directly in the sun for evening sunshine. Note that this hotel is on a busy road and whilst sunning at the pool you can hear cars tooting their horns - a pastime Emirates love !

We only had a couple of issues. One was as there was three of us in the room we had to remind housekeeping we needed 3 towels also sometimes housekeeping didnt come till late - however there is a card that says 'popping out' - put this on the door & housekeeping will nip in.
The other issue was the restaurant Tamarind. In short the food was cold, we asked to get it heated & they brought it back the same ! Also there was no sauce on the Tikka meal which they duly added only to say they've never done this before and had just made it up ! - I tried on several occassions to get the managers attention, even though she saw me, she still ignored me until i shouted her over. She was apologetic & the outcome was pay for the drinks only. Still be aware of what your ordering & specific on how you like it !

During this stay we actually stayed at The Palm, Atlantis which I will review.

The one major thing was I ordered some ice which on the first night we got no problem. The next time I ordered it I was asked small or large so I said large. I was then charged 20dhs for a bucket of ice - the thing was I paid cash & signed for it. i then had a dispute with the manager that I never paid but it got sorted eventually - so don't pay cash as it will go on your hotel bill.

Note: there is a Mcdonalds and KFC across the street. Also there is a supermarket - Spinneys. which is 2 mins from the hotel and sells everything ! fresh made crumpets yum !! also water is cheap and plentyful !!

Internet - you get free wifi in the lobby but the signal is strong enough we got it in our room on the 6th floor - not sure how far up you will get it. The code from the front desk is free & usually lasts around 4 days ! - no need to pay.

Noise - ok there was some entertainment during our second week which consisted of 2 karaoke singers and a keyboard player - this was bad & didnt finish until about midnight. It was kinda loud but we thot is funny and my daughter was dancing outside the room to them ! But if your looking for a quiet nights sleep the top floor might just escape it !

There is a metro about 200 yards away from the hotel which is brilliant and cheap. 2 lines, red & green will take you to all the major attractions like Dubai Mall, Emirates Mall, Burj Khalifa etc. The main station change is Burjuman which is also only a 10 min walk from the Hotel. But TAXI's are cheap and more convenient for shorter distances. Getting around is easy - the hotel has pocket guides on the metro etc.

Check out wasn't great although we did get an extension from noon until 2pm but was asked to pay 300dhs if we wanted the room until 8pm. We declined but were able to store our luggage and use the gym shower/changing facilities so no probs for a late flight home.

Beaches - you can pay 5hs for one or the other is a free public beach. We preferred the free one as it was better sand & virtually sand all the way in the water - which was crystal clear and 30 degrees ! - a warm bath ! - taxi cost is around 20dhs from the hotel. - Please note that although there are nets out at both beaches jelly fish can still be present - i got stung by a baby one on my second last day which nipped for about 30mins ! but no lasting damage.

Also the ZOO is closed on a Tuesday which to be honest wasn't very nice & we didn't enjoy it.

Overall the Hotel has a great location - staff at front door very friendly. Will go back !

Room Tip: Top floor to escape the singing or lower floor to be near the Pool on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KEEFER11
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very good brunch and good staff thank you very much for good food on buffet and service will come back to stay in this hotel very good welcome and very caring service wish all the best for future there are some girls at night standing behind hotel which is disturbing....

Room Tip: I did not stay in hotel will come back to stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jitesh M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

we were on honeymoon trip stayed for 4 days in July end.

Pros:
1. location is nice near meena bazar and many shopping complexes near by.
2. nice pool
3. awesome food
4. staff was really awesome.always their for your help.

cons:
1. for honeymoon couples no spl welcome treatment.
2. for the ice cubes also u have to pay. such small things should be made free.

overall nice stay-location-staff.

3 star for the hotel +1 additional star for the staff

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crister10world
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was impressed from the first moment to the last with the entire staff and establishment.

The first thing was the Hotel doors were opened for me by staff. That’s something you don't find in every 4* establishment; and my luggage was carefully handled at all times. The luggage porter on the front door wasn't "grabby" but offered to take my bag; always pleased to note that attention to good service.

The reception staff handled my booking, even when there was some confusion about my name due to an agent putting my surname at the start of the booking. They advised all the services; what was included in my booking and so forth. Again very good attention to detail and making sure I understood what was going on. I was offered the hotel loyalty card system but it wasn't pushed on me.

I had room at the end of a hallway, but only of 8 rooms, so not a long walk from the centrally positioned elevator bank, and the porter pointed out the restaurants and advised me on breakfast time and location without prompting.

The elevators are glass sided and look out over the main atrium with spectacular illuminated glasswork on the wall, very pleasing and a view down of part of the dining area.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and have exceptionally good easy to control air conditioning. Wifi was included within the room cost and was really easy to use. There is a hard wired network point in the room and a network lead is provided.

There is a lot of storage space in the room and a lockable safe.

There are complimentary tea/coffee facilities with a bottle of water, with service for two persons, with regular and decaff coffee and two tea selections, plus a complimentary selection of fresh fruit (apple, orange, banana and grapes). The minibar was well stocked.

The only two negative points about the rooms, and this may be a feature of just some of the rooms in the hotel, was that there is a two step down from the entry area to the lounge/sleeping area. The handrail for this step is too low and may be a problem for persons who have mobility issues. Lighting in the room was good; but one problem was that when you switched off the lights; the power sockets also cut off, which meant my ipad and phone didn't get charged up overnight.

The beds are medium-firm and there are alternative pillow choices available.

The hotel was serving Ramadan fast-breaking meals as part of its buffet, but also had a very good menu selection and I can recommend the vegetarian options which are clearly laid out on the menu; plus there is a very good green madras vegetable curry with steamed rice served with toasted flatbreads. Excellent selections of sweets are available including ice cream and fresh fruit.

The breakfast selection is superb, open from 6am, with a mix of hot dishes, cold meats and cheeses, cereals, yogurts, about 8 different fresh fruits including a freshly made fruit salad, 4 different fresh fruit juices, water, tea and coffee.

The kitchen area is glass fronted onto the main restaurant so you can see the clean cooking facilities and the kitchen staff.

The restaurant team were very attentive; but not too much so; and quick to deal with questions and place orders despite it being busy in the evening.

There is a coffee and sandwich bar across from reception and also a small “tourist shop” selling various trinkets; sunglasses and so forth.

Just outside the hotel is a Lebanese restaurant and a few doors further along is a 24 hour supermarket (look for the large "24" sign sticking out above the walkway. There is pharmacy as part of this supermarket. Just over the road (safe crossing points nearby) is a Kentucky Chicken and a Macdonalds restaurants for those who like "fast food".

Checkout was very smoothly handled and the reception staff were able to help with photocopies of a document I needed for the day.

In short, an exceptionally good hotel and if I am in Dubai again I will make a point to be using the Ramada.

Room Tip: Room Tip Lower number rooms per floor are on the road side and even with the curtains closed you ma...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ramada Bur Dubai is one of the older hotel but has managed top maintain its charm with with easy access to all a tourist or visitor needs. Walk out and you have supermarkets, food joints, clubs, transport readily available. Inside the hotel you have whatever you need. For the night owls, there is Rumour club which is discreet enough for family tourists like me! Cant think of much downside except for steep price rise, as I had to more every trip. But that applies to the whole of hotel industry in UAE.

Yes, amenities are not as new as the new chains of hotel and watch your steps in the room as there are a few parapets to cross!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road at higher floors are super! You have a super view of the road activities yet...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at Ramada for four nights and we loved it. The room was huge, loved the sitting area. The bed and the pillows were really comfortable and the pillow menu was a great addition. Although the swimming pool was closed for cleaning during our stay, we could use a free taxi to the nearby Ramada, where we could use their pool.
The location of the hotel is great, just couple of meters away from a metro station, supermarket and shops. Although the street on which the hotel is located is busy, you cannot really hear the noise inside the room.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and always smiling at you, which made our stay even more pleasant. They will also help you organize all kind of activities.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and we will choose it again for our next stay in Dubai

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple