“Fantastic Location - Great hotel would definately go back”
Review of Ramada Dubai

Ramada Dubai
Ranked #202 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Tyne and Wear
“Fantastic Location - Great hotel would definately go back”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location near Al Fahidi metro (green line), from there you can go to just about anywhere in Dubai. Get on the metro for one stop heading toward the creek and get off at Burjaman. Then cross over to the red line for the Jebel Ali metro, which will take you to Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Jumeira and Jebel Ali. (Metro travel is clean cheap and quick - about £2.50 for an all day ticket getting on and off where and when you like) We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights just so that we could explore a bit of Dubai. The hotel itself is very clean and efficiently run by front of house staff. All staff seem happy to please. There is a Spinneys almost outside of the hotel and a food court in Khalija centre with a piza hut, KFC and Macdonalds as well as Chinese, Indian etc, and lots of other supermarkets and restaurants nearby. We didnt use any of the dining facilities in the hotel. Instead we went to Spinneys for fresh breadbuns and pick your own salad for about £1.70. The only let down in the hotel is the size of the pool, and the fact that in January it only gets the sun till 1pm. (I have not marked it down because of this as we had no problem gettting a sunbed and sunbathing when we wanted.)There is also some road noise but we had a room on the 7th floor so it didn't bother us too much. All of the rooms balcony doors are kept permanantly locked for health and safety.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mamamyers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days (January 26 - 28, 2013 and Feb 4, 2013) after reading many of the reviews on TA. I had never been to Dubai before and wanted a clean and safe place to stay. I was hesitant, but this hotel met and was above my expectations. The service was superb. The staff was friendly and helpful especially the doormen and the gentleman who runs something similar to a concierge service. I was pleasantly surprised how helpful everyone was. The rooms were huge and clean and most of all I was comfortable. The hotel has 3 restaurants and at no time during my stay was I overwhelmed with hotel traffic. I ate at the Chinese restaurant and the food was fine. I also ordered room service and that was also fine. I believe the hotel hosts the tallest stain glass window in the world. It is simply beautiful to watch. The most important thing for me with this hotel is that on both occasions of my stay, they allowed me to check in way before the check in time. I arrived at or around 10 or 11 am both times and the staff accommodated me without hesitation. This convenience allowed me to spend my time sightseeing. I enjoyed the gentlemen who work the front door. They are truly the face of the operation as they meet and greet the guests first.

I had a couple of minor, minor matters which would not change my experience and I am only noting them because I know the hotel reads these reviews and I am hopeful that my review will make a difference. It appears that some of the front desk staff are not as confident in their duties and appear timid to act. I am not sure if creativity and initiative is stifled, but it was clear that every mundane and minor question had to be cleared with a senior person before action was taken. So all you kept hearing was, "let me check for you madam."

I specifically requested a non-smoking room but was placed in a smoking room. After complaining, they moved me sometime later to a non-smoking room.

I also requested a rollaway bed for my son as 3 of us stayed in the room during the Dubai leg of our trip. The bed was not there at the time of check in, but came shortly after. However upon our return from cruise through the UAE, I was a bit ticked off when the same request was met with we will have to charge you for the rollaway bed. After some annoyance on my part, I was then told that I would be given the bed on a complimentary basis. At this point I was no longer in the mood to set anyone straight and I simply left the comment alone.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room in view of the stain glass. 615 is a perfect room with a small veranda.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lubbybubby
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our room was large, very comfortable, and the bed amazing. The property is a little dated compared to another 4* we stayed at in Abu Dhabi.

Service is lovely and I was SO grateful after a long flight, they allowed us to check in early.

Organized trips for us and if you're a couple, forget the Hop On Hop Off bus and get them to organize a private driver in a Lexus to drive you around on your own tour for less than the bus.

One porter in particular was particularly helpful in suggestions (sorry, I didn't catch your name).

The Chinese restaurant, Dynasty, was delicious, we ate there twice. They served a bowl of XO prawns that I'm craving now! Also ate the Old Vic which was delicious. My husband loves coffee and enjoyed what they served at Pastry Boutique.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Foster City, California
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Dubai for New Years, Dec 31, 2012. Most of the hotels downtown were in the $500 range, I got this for under $200 on Priceline. It is a nice hotel, room was clean, is quite large and was very nicely done. The hotel is one block from the Metro which made it super easy to get around (except on New Year's Eve!). They have free wifi in the lobby and you have to pay for it in the room. However, I found that just for checking email, etc. that the signal in the room was good enough without paying. Wouldn't work if you are watching movies etc.

Overall, I was completely satisfied with the hotel. Check-in and out was fast and the people were great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick H
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a good 4 star property so paying up AED 890 incl of taxes is justified only in Dubai. As all hotels were fully booked and even more ridiculously priced - so this was the best of the ones available during the 26th to 28th Jan window. The rooms are nice and large at about 48 meters each but bathrooms very basic. View is non existent and room 316 faces another set of windows so had to keep the curtains drawn all the time.

A very nice Spinney's is just down the road for all that one requires. However paying anything more than AED500-600 per day for the accommodation here is not recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Amazing hotel in Dubai. Fantastic rooms and prices. Service was very polite, they even let us do the check in before the normal time. very clean too and the location couldn't be better. Would recommend it 100% and would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nanuchar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel has been around for quite some time now and is a favorite for travellers who prefer to stay in Bur Dubai. Although i have never stayed there in the past, this was my first stay here and i got a fantastic rate through hotels.com. Even ramadas own website did not offer such a rate. The hotel is quite well mantained and the rooms are nice and big for a 4 star category. I had a 3rd floor street facing room and i thought that the room would be noisy but that wasnt the case.

The restaurants and room service are fabuluous. Response time is great! I never got a chance to have the breakfast due to my schedules but did manage to take a glance at the stuff and it was awesome indeed. the breakfast option is available for an extra 75 AED which is alright compared to other hotels in Dubai that charge in excess of 100 AED.

The hotels in walking distance to quite a few shopping areas like Meena Bazar, Khaleej Center, Bur Juman Mall, etc and theres a couple of nice restaurants around as well. Lebanese Village is one such restaurant and one must try their falafel sandwich and chicken shawrma sandwich.

The metro station is a 100 metre walk from the hotel so its pretty well connected to other parts of Dubai. All in all, i would rate this hotel a 3.8 on 5

Room Tip: avoid the smoking rooms even if you are a smoker, go for the rooms on a higher floor and that have a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business