“Praise to the skies for The One and Only Royal Mirage”

The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
Ranked #12 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Switzerland
“Praise to the skies for The One and Only Royal Mirage”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I've just returned from a fantastic three-day sojourn at the Royal Mirage and have got nothing but praise to offer. We were staying at the Palace, and I really wouldn't know where in the world you should be able to hear noise from building sites (see review further down). The hotel is a haven of tranquility. The pool area is stunning in its originality, the service - all around the resort - cannot be topped, and the food the various restaurants offer is simply fantastic. If you're into Indian fusion food, try Nina's at the Arabian Court. My partner and I loved it, and we're picky eaters :-). My favourite aspect about the hotels were the beautifully and stylishly furnished. The hotel lobby, too, is worth pulling your camera out, as is nearly everything at this terrific resort. In short, if ever I go back to Dubai, I won't stay anywhere else but the One and Only.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Swissgirl69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2010

You are made to feel very special when staying at this hotel due to the staff being so friendly, polite and attentive. Food of a very high quality, favourite being Tagine. (Moroccan). Advise taking a half board option as its great value. Stayed in a Superior Deluxe Room which was spacious and luxurious.

Will stay here again if in Dubai for a luxury break without a doubt. Much preferred the Palace ambience compared to Arabian Court.

NB Stayed during Ramadam and this had no negative effect on our time spent in Dubai.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank axe1980
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We have just returned from our honeymoon after spending 4 nights at the Palace and wow, what an experience! As we were a honeymoon couple we were upgraded to a Suite without even asking. It was absolutely beautiful, bigger than than my house (well not quite but nearly!), clean, luxurious, expensive and just utterly amazing! Over the 4 days there were so many special touches in the room that made it amazing. The petals on the bed, petals in the bath and sinks, welcome card, fresh fruit and juice every day, and a couple of gifts.
The staff overall were so so friendly and would do anything to help. They were very very efficient.
The pool and beach area were beautiful. Make sure you go in the sea, its like a bath. Not very refreshing but worth a dip! Again it was the little special touches that made it. When you collected your towel a member of staff would carry it to your chair and lay it out for you The staff would come and fill up your water glass as you sunbathed, they would take bar orders, they would clean your sunglasses!
The food was absolutely excellent. There were three hotels linked to each other by the hotel shuttle bus so we could eat breakfast and dinner in any of the hotels and any of their restaurants. Beautiful food, make sure you leave space for desert! Mmmm.
We has an amazing time at the Palace and really would love to go back. Oh, just one thing, 42 degrees was a tad hot. The hotel was not full as most people dont go at peak temperatures. Another thing, the water park is brilliant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travellingsusie10
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Major building work going on at the beach. Its too noisy as they are biulding a new watersports centre and Jetty out to sea. You could hear it from our room and by the pool. It stared at 7.30am and went on till 6.30pm. Virgin UK apparently didn'y know.

I spoke to the hotel 3 times. They just advised to get a shuttle bus to a different part of the resort - very poor attitude for the £415 per night I was spending. The Duty manager did try to save the day, but the cheap attitude of his superiors cost us 1 night/day messing around.

The Virgin local agent Alpha Tours were dreadful, uncaring and unresponsive - the guy even shouted at me down the phone! Only when I spoke to Virgin in the UK did it start to turn around - I would recommend you keep the phone number of your booking office - Linda and the Team at Oxford (Debenhams) were excellent and spoke to the duty office who resolved the issue within an hour.

Overall, a real shame, I had never been to a O&O resort and was really looking forward to it. Don't go for another 6 months or stay at the Arabian Court which was much nicer - see other review. You can still come back in the evening as there was great food to had.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Wg284
Cockney in Essex
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Service 1st class from reception to all aspects of the resort.
room was spotless and tidy.
Food was excellent no problem cleaning my plate
located on the beach though not very soft sand,and hot to walk on sometimes.
Not to far from shopping malls by taxi 10 to 20 mins
cannot fault the service from any staff at this hotel or amenities.
only fault one restaurant closed of eve for refurb.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank pegasusfc
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This place makes Claridges look like a Travelodge.

Nothing short of perfection, that sums up the one and only royal mirage palace. I have no idea what hotel some of the moaners on here stayed at and frankly, neither did any of the people I spoke to around the pool either??!! The service is faultless, the choice of food vast and delicious and the facilities as good as anywhere I have every been. The staff cannot do enough for you and I mean ANYTHING you want, nothing is too much trouble; from the man whom insisted on pressing my trousers for me to the gentleman whom cleaned my sunglasses for me, if you wish to feel like royalty stay at the Palace.

Almost everyone my wife and I spoke to during our stay was a repeat guest on their 5th, 6th or 7th visit. We even met a guest whom owns a villa on the palm but lives at the Palace and rents his villa as he prefers it!

Will we return, damn right we will. I loved it and I'm a true 5*, Michelin foody traveller.
Perfection in the sun (and no, July is not unbearable!)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BraveSirRobin
Birmingham
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed at the Palace on a half board basis for 8 days, and after reading some of the reviews I had my doubts about this hotel. Fortunately, I we never experience any problems while we were there with service, food, etc. Having been to Dubai many times before staying at 5 star and 4 star accomodations we beleive the Palace does deserve a 5 star rating. Our room was large enough and newly decorated, we were in a Gold Club room and were very impressed with the service throughout our stay. Fresh fruit was replenished each day, bottled water and tea, coffee facilities. Being part of the Gold Club allowed us complimantary free internet access and hot and cold beverages throughout the day , also sandwiches and cakes at 3pm each day. Also, each day you could have complimentary alcoholic drinks and canapes from 6-8pm. As we were on a half board basis we had the choice of eating in all of the restaurants either having the buffet or ordering from the a la carte menu for which we would be discounted 145 Dirhams for each person and just pay the difference when you get the bill. We liked Nina's and Beach Bar and Grill, however, it is very dark in Nina's so take your specs to read the menu, we noticed that one of the other diners had a mini torch.......We are quite fussy eaters but with the choice of restaurants you should be able to find something to suit your taste. The staff at the Palace cannot do enough for you, and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Pool was large enough to feel like you were the only person in it. Water is replenished throughout the day and cold flannels by the pool and down on the beach. The gardens were very well maintained and beautiful. On our second night we were invited for cocktails with the hotel manager, which was very nice. Whilst staying at the Palace it was my husbands birthday and the hotel sent a cake and gift to our room which we thought was really nice. All in all our stay at the Palace was very enjoyable and we are hoping to stay there again next year.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family