We stayed here in Mar 06 following a great holiday at Reethi Rah Maldives!!!!
All I can say is that we did stay on the Gold Club floor, check in was great and the facilities there were very good....especially the complimentary drinks and nibbles 6.00pm to 8.00pm, you are served with practically what ever beverage you like and they keep topping u up!!!!!
Reservations need to be made at the restaurants quite a long time in advance and very strange times were available either 7.00pm or 10.00pm in most cases.....considering we had use of the club lounge we would have rather eaten at about 8.00ish.
The Med Restaurant was very poor (the only one u don't have to make a reservation), we had a meal here on our first night.......it was a buffet night!!!!!! not one explanation of how things worked so we sat there like lemons for a good half hour waiting for someone to explain or at least talk to us!!!!!! Our bottle of wine arrived unopened, no corkscrew to be seen.......we tried to get the attention of a waiter but no joy.......eventually I walked around the Restaurant with my wine bottle for a good 5 mins before i got the damn cork out!!!!!!!
All in all the Al Quasar is a much newer nicer hotel which we stayed at in 2005, the restaurants were great and no reservations needed.......sometimes you want to wait till an evening and then decide what cuisine u fancy!!!!!!!!!
The pool at the Al Quasar was huge and plenty of sun loungers and space for everyone, too much shade and palm trees at the O&O........
We did hear a new O&O is being built on the 'Palm' so maybe this one will be gradually going down the pan, please do your research before u book this and do look into the Madinat Jumirah (Al Quasar etc) they really are a better choice for similar money and the location is much better!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai