The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
Hotels.com
$672
$543
Jumeirah.com
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$413
$340
Jumeirah.com
Hilton Dubai Creek(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Pool
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$215
$168
Jumeirah.com
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$184
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$268
$1,470
$1,252
Agoda.com
2,065 results
All reviewsgold clubarabian courtbeach bar and grilltaginecelebrities restaurantolives restaurantrahul sharmaresident managerhalf boardafternoon teapool arearesidence spaour honeymoonchoice of restaurantsprivate beachmoment you arrivepool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked the ‘One and Only Place’ to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday and having researched and read numerous reviews decided this was the hotel for us.

Negative being when we arrived, we were moved from main reception to gold club reception, only to be told room not yet available, we could however continue to use facilities, but this involved rummaging through suitcase for swimsuit etc, in full view of other holidaymakers which was all rather embarrassing. As we had all our valuables in our possession we asked if there was anywhere safe to keep and were advised we could use lockers in gym, however upon arrival at gym, reception said they could only give us one locker as lockers were only available for gym users. More confusion later in the day when we asked at main reception if room was ready (various other guests also asking the same question) and advised yes it was, only to be told at gold club reception that it was not. Conflicting information, almost a day wasted, not what you expect after a long night flight. One and Only, please do something about this – suggest keep a separate area/room for guests to change/freshen up.

Prior to departure and following numerous emails, I ordered a birthday cake for my husband, with the expectation cake would be ready upon our arrival – but this was not forthcoming and I eventually had to ask for the cake in front of husband so surprise spoilt – vacant look when I asked about this despite three separate emails to organize. Cake eventually arrived at restaurant around 10.00 that evening, far too late to enjoy threw most of it away. Lack of attention to detail.

Gold club well worth the money, but not enough space to cater for guests,
On a couple of occasions we went for afternoon tea to find very little food
on offer… so get in quick! Evening drinks again not enough seats to cater for number of guests and drinks took far too long to arrive.

One evening we went over to 101 The Palm unaware we would only get 25% discount off meals at this restaurant – this had not been explained by gold club.
As we were half board we would have not paid for this meal had we been aware – feel we were had over re this.

Positive : To sum up a truly delightful hotel. I loved the old Arabian vibes, so much more than the newly build hotels surrounding, lovely pool area, grounds are meticulously maintained, staff on beach/lifts/pool area first class, but I feel all this was let down by service in gold club lounge, in my opinion staff overstretched and unable to provide the ‘One and Only’ experience for guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 56jenny
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am a frequent flyer to Dubai, and I prefer this hotel to many more recently built, ever taller, increasingly more astronomical, more expensive, more hideous alternatives.

Dubai generally seems to be flashier and faker by the day, but this hotel is truly a beautiful sanctuary, in which one can genuinely practise opulence at ones own pace. Service is meticulously perfect, and the decor is stunning.

I love this hotel.

Unfortunately one cannot escape the predictability of Eastern European prostitutes whoring in the bar. Unless that's your kind of thing?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my 2nd trip to Dubai, and I did not want it to end!! The Palace, was amazing....when we arrived we was seated in a bar area whilst our room keys were being seen to, we was served a really tasty herbal tea, along with a warm towel to freshen ourselves up after a long flight. The room was lovely, clean and spacious, our balcony wasn't that big, just fit a table and two chairs, but it was too hot to sit out anyway and we don't smoke so that didn't really bother us too much. We had breakfast at Olives, everyday was the normal buffet breakfast you get on holiday. The pool was really nice, the sunbeds were not all squashed together unlike some hotels so you didn't feel too claustrophobic, as soon as you sat down the pool staff would bring you a glass of iced water over and were constantly re-filling it back up all day, they also came around with complimentary fruit on sticks and cold towels too....which was soooo refreshing. This is also the case on the beach too!!

The restaurants at this hotel are amazing!! We dined at Beach bar & Grill, Eauzone (AMAZING) and Celebrities. On half board you get 160 dirhams each towards your bill you can choose a set menu to the value of 160 dirhams but there isn't much choice and the a la carte menu has far more tastier options on. The staff are truly amazing and can't do enough for you, they really appreciate it when you tip them.

I can't wait to go back, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our first trip to Dubai and, after considering many hotels, we chose The Palace at One and Only Royal Mirage because of its location and reviews. We were not disappointed and although we did not upgrade to a Gold Club room, we found our room to be very spacious and luxurious with a gorgeous bathroom and plenty of wardrobe space. There was an excellent turn down service every evening. We also had the Half Board option and found this to be superb. There are numerous restaurants in all three properties on the One and Only site and we painful ally enjoyed Eau Zone at the Arabian Court and the Beach Bar and Grill at The Palace. There beautiful Roof Terrace Bar at Arabian Court is not to be missed! The hotels offer a free shuttle to the hotels in its complex and this was very fast and efficient. We also enjoyed eating at Nina and Tagine although we did find Olives rather basic. We tended to have breakfast in Celebrities which is very calm and serene in contrast to the noisier busier Olives.

We were very pleased with the location of the hotel and found it very easy and cheap to get about Dubai in taxis. We had also considered the Arabian Court at the same hotel complex, but were really pleased that we did not choose this as that hotel is situated right by the main roadway accessing The Palm and we think that there would have been significant traffic noise there.

One criticism I would have is that we initially had a room on the ground floor right by an entrance which permanently had a doorman/security guy. Whilst these members of the hotel's staff were extremely polite, we did find that we were constantly woken late at night and first thing in the morning by other guests talking to the doorman very loudly on several occasions and also there was the persistent noise of the doorman's walkie talkie and mobile phone. This was a real problem for us so we complained to Reception and, after something of a discussion and having to chase them up, we were eventually moved later that same day.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CAMD
Reviewed September 28, 2013

spent 6 nights at the palace September 2013

Was a holiday and family visit, Hadn't considered the palace before i went but it was the best offer i could find in the 2 weeks before i left.

Was a similar offer on at the arabian court and residence and spa, but because i would have my 1 year old granddaughter spending most days with me, decided on the palace as seemed more family orientated.

i have to say i was a little concerned before I got there, but need not have been. I stayed in the gold club, and would recommend upgrading for the few extra pounds it cost if you can, well worth it for the extras you get.

On arrival the staff were very attentive and all formalities were carried out in the gold club and luckily my room was ready straight away, a very grateful thing as i was extremely tired after my flight.Everything was explained to me, although to be honest I wasn't taking it in!

The room was spacious clean and a lovely balcony, although a shame about the palm tree blocking the view(would be better if they were trimmed down) i was on the 3rd floor, but if you stood on the balcony and looked right you could see the pool and sea.

There's a decent choice of restaurants for breakfast and dinner, i went on half board, what with that AND afternoon tea, amazing i could manage an evening meal! i personally preferred to eat breakfast in the Rotisserie at Arabian Court, and particularly enjoyed Eauzone and Beach Bar and Grill for evening meals.

All the staff are attentive and apologies because i cannot remember most names, from Godwin on the entrance door, the beach and pool attendants, who work extremely hard in the heat, to the staff in the gold club, Jobin, who was so kind and attentive with my granddaughter, and the management. But special mention to Portia, who must have the patience of a saint! Absolutely NOTHING was too much trouble for her, and i did pester her quite a lot!

My daughter granddaughter and son in law live in Dubai and i arranged for them to stay 1 night with me in the palace. I booked a basic room(although at the palace NO room is basic)I had a word with Portia about whether i could upgrade them to a gold club, but unfortunately they were fully booked, but on arrival the hotel had upgraded them to a suite! What a wonderful surprise and kind gesture,I am extremely grateful. Thank you.

if I'm being very picky, the gold club does get very busy in the evening for pre dinner drinks, and most times you could not get a seat, although to be fair to the hotel you could go down to the lobby bar lounge and enjoy them there.

The pool beach and grounds of the hotel are immaculate, well done to the gardeners and ground staff.

Like i said, I was a little worried before I arrived thinking it might be too quiet for my granddaughter, but i need not have worried.

Thank you to everyone at the Palace, for making my holiday a very happy and enjoyable one, and making my family feel very welcome too.

My daughter, son in law, and myself, would not hesitate to recommend you to family and friends, and i hope I will be able to return again in the near future.

Many thanks once again.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor will get you a better view and in the south wing of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo