This was our fifth time at the Royal Mirage The Palace. Yet again the resort exudes understated luxury, has no bling and is sheer class.
The start of the trip was however nothing short of disastrous. Our car transfer failed to show and on arriving at the Royal Mirage, Palace we were told there was no reservation in our names.
A duty manager managed on sight of the hotel booking confirmation managed to find a room (one that looked a little tired but we were thankful for the roof over our heads! The problem appeared to lie with the travel operator Destinology whose system had apparently not followed through the booking!.....easy to blame system glitches.
Anyway the next morning after breakfast we saw another manager, Alvaro Martin who took it upon himself to ensure our holiday experience would be fully restored. He managed to upgrade us to a gold club room (much better), access to gold club facilities ie FOC internet access and complimentary high tea and drinks from 6-8. A cracking bouquet of flowers was in the room on our arrival together with home made confectionery.
We questioned the integrity of the One&Only at the start but even though it was not their fault they more than went the extra mile.
The staff as ever in the Palace are the X Factor. To highlight individuals is an injustice as everyone works so hard to make your stay as good as it could be. However, given the disastrous start to our trip certain individuals stepped up to the plate and need mentioning in dispatches...Nancy,Angel and Samuel on reception, Alvaro Martin who literally rescued us from the brink, Sasi (pool attendant who kept the water coming), Islam (who kept our room immaculate) and of course two old friends who we have got to know over the last 5 years....they sum up everything that is good about the Royal Mirage- Babu and Sharma .....for their advice, first class service and taxi procurement.
How could we have doubted the Royal Mirage, Palace? ....The best kept secret in Dubai and worth every penny. Sheer class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai