You can stay at this luxurious hotel but be careful with the concierge as they might take advantage of you as it happened to us in the case of an off-hotel excursion.
Last March we went to O&O Dubai - Palace section on a Sunday. We had already our local excursion plan including individual jeep safari for Thursday yet the concierge strongly suggested us to change our plan to Tuesday instead. He said weather would be much better and we followed his advice. That night I could not sleep well because I had coughing/breathing problems and went very early around to have some coffee. There I read in the local news that a sandstorm was in progress and people with breathing problems were asked to remain indoors. The worst weather would be on Tuesday and conditions were expected to be greatly improving by Thursday. The article clearly explained the dynamics of the weather pattern including its slow and predictable path so this was not a random or little known meteorological event.
Then I visited the concierge and asked why he made us cancel our trip day that coincided with very good weather and offered the worst day. I suspected that he was trying to fill-in Safari slots cancelled because of bad weather. He was very embarrassed and said we could change the dates. So we did.
On Thursday we had a full-day jeep safari costing us 1000 dollars but we were treated very rude and did receive substandard service. The weather was very nice. I am guessing the tour company (we were said Arabian Adventures but a company called Delta came) underpaid or did not pay our guide because of the reservations change so he somehow blamed us for a potential pay dispute.
Back at the hotel I complained about this but noone listened. There is a probably a pay-back system between tour companies and hotel employees and we were in the blind spot. Otherwise, you do not need to be a five start hotel when a client with breathing problems asks why he is offered the worst day for Jeep Safari, why he and his wife is treated very rude for their reservations change and why it is not possible that client is unable to file a kind and short complaint. We simply asked for an apology and did not get it, instead they were telling us that some people who were paying 25,000 dollars for a special tent were getting good service !
(Note we could book two ways, pay to the hotel with a 5% surcharge or pay cash directly to the company. It was our mistake not to pay to the hotel)
Other than that, the hotel and the service was flawless. I am unable to give five stars simply because of this incident and especially because of how the hotel handled it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai