“WHAT AN AMAZING HOTEL; BEST EVER”

The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
Ranked #6 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Where do I start;
Firstly don’t believe the negative reports about this hotel.
From the moment we entered the hotel to the moment we sadly had to leave our experience was perfect. I say this as a couple who have stayed in lot of 5 star hotels around Europe and the USA. We were greeted in reception and escorted to a comfy sofa and served tea whilst all the checking in formalities was taken care of. What a start to our holiday, it was relaxed and very professional; the staff were very attentive and took the time to listen to our questions as this was our first time in Dubai.
We were then shown to our suite and once again out host explained everything about the suite and how everything worked.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! What a room, we were in room 152 which is a ground floor suite; if you get a chance ask for this suite. Being in a suite afforded us the opportunity of having a cabana either by the pool or on the beach
The pool area was spotless and the beach was the cleanest beach I have ever been on.
The staff around the pool and beach were great at keeping the iced water topped up and bringing around the iced towels, The fruit kebabs are also a great touch.
I must mention the bed before I mention the food.
Anybody who has stayed at this hotel will know what I mean when I say that the beds are the most comfortable we have ever slept in; the pillows are hard to describe they are so comfy. Sleeping in the bed was like sleeping on a cloud; we have never slept so well and it was hard to get up in the morning we were so comfy.
We had breakfast every morning in Olives and the choice was great; chefs were on hand to make you eggs in any from you required them. The choice in Olives in the morning is enough to please anybody. I know you can have breakfast in celebrities but I can’t comment on that as we liked Olives so much we just had breakfast there.
In the evening we dinned in Tagine, beach bar and grill and Olives; they were all excellent but our favourite was the Beach bar and grill.
We were celebrating out 25th wedding anniversary whilst in Dubai and we could not have been staying in a better hotel; we received some lovely comments from the management and some lovely gifts. I can not speak more highly about the service we received; it was without question the best hotel we have ever stayed in; the service we received was amazing. This hotel knows how to treat its customers; they have not forgot how important the customer is and without us they would not be in business. Nothing was too much trouble and every request was meet with a genuine smile; I have to mention out room host Arshad. This young man is a credit to the hotel and helped to make our stay something we will never forget.

If you are looking for a perfect hotel in Dubai then look no further. We will be returning to Dubai and we would not stay anywhere else.

Book the hotel, book the suite, and enjoy the best service you will ever experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room 152, the suite is amazing and you might be lucky and get Arshad who is an amazing room...
1  Thank medicalmanBurnley
Write a ReviewReviews (1,989)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

First of all I would like to point out free to agree with a lot of reviews written before, so I`d like to draw your attention to some details...
I'll start with the amenities, which are very impressive.

ROOMS
- Hotel rooms are much larger than can be seen in photo even on website of hotel.
- Everything is very clean and neat, including daily cleaning.
- Huge selection of drinks and snacks in minibar, but they are not exactly budgeted cost made ​​not to open ref. )))

BEACH
- Apart from fact that strip of sand (about 1 km) is constantly being cleaned early in the morning while you are on it, you can expect regular updates compliment cold water as you rub sunglasses against a special solution of sea salt, and in the evening will offer small fruit canapes.
- Despite the fact that the hotel is big enough, the lack of the sunbeds are not observed.
- At Arabian court beach side, can see a show with live camels and ponies. Especially it should be like children.)))

OTHER
- Excellent floodlit tennis courts. I recommend a reservation on or after 6 pm.
- Free shuttle to the hotel every 10 minutes.

General impressions ...

- I would like to note characteristics of hard work of the sports dept. guys at hotel, because in such difficult weather conditions always remain positive and happy is not easy. ;)

- want to recommend guests recheck accounts, because (for technical or "other" errors) in amount can be somewhat or much higher than it actually is. As can be varinat 4 buffet instead of 2.

- Despite the status of the hotel, food still a bit expensive, especially in a la carte restaurants for dinner.

Beer 40cl. - from $10, Ice Coffee from $7, lunch at poolbar for two with non alc drinks from $90, dinner from $150

Sample prices for Dubai city taxis from hotel:
- Dubai Mall - about 42 dhs.
- Airport - 62 dhs. (From Airport to hotel: + 20 Dhs)
- Gold Souk - about 70 Dhs.

Depending on wind and the will of Poseidon in the evening from the Marina to sea can catch up a bit rubbish. Personally we found it only once, and the hotel is not relevant.

REMARKS for Management!
Special attention to hotel management I want to pay for two guys:
Joel (tennis) and John (volleyball)
More responsible, positive and friendly guys I have not seen in any hotel in the last 5 years of my travels. Really professional in work, and a good sociable companions.
I would like to note hotel management gives them incentive bonuses!!

Otherwise, like the rest.
Hope to stay again next year.
Safely recommend to tourists with average incomes and above average.

Room Tip: Any difference between ordinary and clubroom is not seen.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dmitry L
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Yet again this place is amazing....... Our third consecutive trip to this fantastic hotel. We have stayed at many 5 star resorts around the world, but this one is up there with the best.

My husband never returns to the same place twice, however he makes an exception here.

We stayed from 21st Sept - 27th 2012

Every year there is something new. Last year was the beach bar and this year we tried the Gold Club - it was again done very well and we enjoyed meeting some lovely guests whilst drinking a cold beer.

It is hard to think of anything negative to say about this hotel.... And reading some of the reviews I find it hard to believe that guests would moan. The hotel and gardens are immaculate, service was fantastic.... They even clean your sunglasses whilst sitting by the pool! All day, cold iced water and friendly attentive staff that could not do enough for you.

All the restaurants were again fantastic. Our favourite was the beach bar and grill, Nina and Eauzone. But all were fantastic.... Guess the only thing is that wine is expensive - around £40 per bottle, however, we still treated ourselves every night.

The management at the hotel were the most professional and engaging I have ever experienced. Jean-Paul Slap (General Manager) called us on our last day to thank us for staying and wished us a safe journey. It doesn't get better than that. Jean Fanovard (VIP manager) again was very engaging and personally ensured our stay was special. He arranged flowers, chocolates and a card on our wedding anniversary and was always on hand to check we had everything we needed. Thank you so much Jean, you are a credit to the One & Only. Russell, the manager at the Bar & Grill (forest fan from Nottingham) was very welcoming again ensuring that we had a fantastic experience.

If you want the benefit of a fantastic city with, great shopping, fantastic culture, staying in a 5 star luxury hotel on the beach, this is the place for you.

In fact, you should look no further and book it..... You will return year after year.

Happy for any questions.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Gold Club and room on the top floor to get the best view.
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here from 15th September for 10 nights, first holiday to Dubai and The One & Only The Palace and we had the most amazing holiday ever. Our room was gorgeous so luxury,pool was amazing we had lovely cold water bought to us all day, pool bar staff were so friendly and cheerful :) food at all restaurants was excellent didn't have any meal that we didn't enjoy, Nina's was our favourite!!!! Celebrities was so lush service and food was amazing. We would get free shuttle to Arabian Court to go to Nina's and The Rostisserie and the fantastic roof top bar where again the staff here were so friendly and welcoming. We had breakfast at Olives fantastic choice of everything you could want. Every afternoon we would go to the beach it was beautiful so relaxing just perfect. A big thank you to Nanouna for keeping our room so lovely and for being such a lovely polite person always smiling everyday :)and a big thank you to our shuttle driver he made us laugh each time we saw him always testing us if we knew the prime ministers name! all in all the best holiday we have ever had and can't wait to go back next year!!!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is one wonderful hotel! The decor is sumptuous, the staff are attentive without being intrusive and the food served in the various restaurants within the complex was delicious. We took the half board package which covers either a table d'hote menu in the evening but can be put towards the a la carte menu as well.

The grounds are beautifully planted with exotic plants and there are footpaths leading throughout the complex which comprises three hotels with different themes.

Although taxis are one of the cheapest services in Dubai, the hotel provides minibus transport to the Mall of the Emirates from where you can use the Metro system to travel to the Dubai Mall for more shopping.

The hotel is also 'next door' to the monorail to the Atlantis Resort. We walked through the grounds, turned left out of the front gate and walked around the corner to the monorail terminal, this was in November so it may be too hot at some times during the year.

I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katrinaw
residenceandspa, Manager at The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

We value such feedback which is shared with all and look forward to your return visit in a not too distant future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at The Palace from14th September for 9 nights. We took the night flight from Glasgow this time and arrived at the Hotel round about 9.30am. Car from airport very comfortable and on arrival at Hotel we were given cold towels and tea - then we were taken to the Gold Lounge where we checked in - our room was not ready (we did not expect it to be as check in is 2.00pm) we were shown to the Gold Lounge where we had breakfast. After breakfast we were told our room was ready - a lovely bonus. We had room 444 on the 3rd floor overlooking the gardens - a very pleasant room with plenty of storage space - large bathroom - plenty of towels and toileteries. The room was kept immaculate all credit to housekeeping. We used the pool are every day - staff very friendly and loved to look after you - towels, water, sun-glass cleaning and always a smile- we went in the sea which was really warm lovely - but had to go in pool to cool down (pool had cooler in it). Fridays were really busy at the pool area with visitors and the beach was noisy with Jet Skis(dont think a fault of the hotel). We had the half board option breakfast we had in Olives a buffet which we found more than adequate - one morning we used Celebrities which was a lot quieter. Dinner the first night we had in Olives a buffet which was good as we were really tired - we used Beach Bar & Grill, Celebrities where we celebrated our Wedding Anniversary - an excellent table which was decorated in rose petals - the food was first class. We also used Tangine, Eauzone and Nina restaurants in the Mirage - again no complaints and we enjoyed every meal. We ate A La Carte and paid the difference which was not cheap but worth it. The Gold Club reception staff were first class and could not do enough to help you (all staff at the Hotel were excellent). Rajab in the Club Lounge - what a guy - wish I had his memory - we used the lounge for afternoon tea lovely and also the Happy Hour where Rajab was an asset. I did feel that the lounge could do with being bigger as most nights guests could not get a seat - we always managed as we were there early.

This is the first holiday that we have been where we did not go out of the Hotel grounds - we arrived from the airport by car and left 10 days later by car for the airport - a brilliant relaxing holiday - thanks to wonderful staff, food and weather. Dubai is not cheap especially alcohol but you have the choice to drink or not - and if you want first class service I would have no hesitation in recommending The Palace at One & Only Royal Mirage.

1  Thank PAM1947

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We finished off our honeymoon with a 4 day stay at the One & Only and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. However, I would agree with a few other reviewers who say that they expected more given the hotel's reputation as supposedly one of the best in Dubai. I would certainly question that reputation, but it's nothing that can't be improved with good feedback.
First up, we spent a lot of money to stay at this hotel and I simply couldn't get over our room not having a kettle. Although I must say it did boast the most impressive mini bar and snack bar I've ever seen. I was also quite disgusted to discover a large hairball in the shower on our first night after arriving, but once I got over that cleanliness was not an issue. We were almost overwhelmed by the size of the hotel and the number of restaurants and I fear that, unless you're staying all inclusive for at least a week it's impossible to make use of these..as a result we felt as if we paid above & beyond what we enjoyed during our short stay.
The spa seems to be pretty amazing and I wished I'd had the chance to enjoy the Hamman. I did however book a manicure and pedicure on one occasion, quoting the 'classical' rather than the 'Bastian special' which was more than double the price at the time of booking. As with most things (foolishly) I signed the cost of my treatment to the room without inspecting the bill and only discovered at check-out that they had charged me for the special mani pedi rather than the classical. Apparently I did receive the special treatment, even though it felt like nothing more than a standard mani pedi to me. I wished I'd had the energy to speak up and demand I pay for what I'd actually booked, but I'm afraid tiredness and a 3am check out got the better of us.
As another reviewer pointed out, it would be nice to not have to go seeking your own towel or water by the pool given the standard of this hotel. Unfortunately I felt as if I could have been anywhere whilst sunbathing by the pool, especially since some of the English guests (which were alot) were fond of acting like louts.
Smaller gripes- uncomfortable pillows, every TV channel has its own volume, some of the room service staff have poor english, having to prebook for dinner every night.
Good points- excellent food, amazing smell of incense around the hotel, concierge and doormen truly brilliant, luxurious decor, fantastic room service

I hate to mention so many faults to this hotel, but it's only because I think they need to be addressed. We stayed at another 5 star hotel in Dubai a few years ago where we enjoyed far better service and paid a fraction of what we paid at the One & Only. With so many hotels in the city, competition is great and I think the One&Only could benefit from changing a few things, but I doubt they are at risk of losing their reputation because overall, we did have a great time and I would encourage other travellers not to be put off.

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience related to your recent stay with us. We indeed apologize if we have come short of meeting some of your expectations and rest assured that each comment is reviewed with members of the concerned team and adjusted where ever possible.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to demonstrate our ability to deliver service and facilities to your expectation and to amend your latest views.

We look forward to such opportunity in a not too distant future.