We arrived at the One & Only perhaps with very high expectations, having enjoyed a fabulous stay at the One & Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas. We love Dubai, and generally the service is excellent in most hotels. Service here was efficient and smooth, with all staff being friendly.
However, I feel that having experienced fantastic service at the Ocean Club, we expected that here. The Ocean Club provides a glass of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries each evening around 6pm in your room, chocolates on the turn down, spritzers/cold face towels on the beach etc. Yes, I know all of these seem like I am being precious, but when you visit one of the "Leading hotels in the world" you expect the little finishing touches, that make it stand head and shoulders above the rest.
The hotel was lovely and clean, room was a very good size, and they provided us with a lovely cot for our 6 month old baby, along with a menu of things they were able to offer us (kettle - no tea making facilities, stroller, steriliser etc.) They also provided a handy pack of baby toiletries, and kindly gave my son a toy camel when we arrived.
Breakfast was nice, although not half as much choice as other hotels I have stayed at in Dubai. Getting to and from the Olives restaurant with a pushchair was a bit testing, as there were lots of steps, and seemingly no lift to reach the restaurant.
The pool area is beautiful, as is the beach. We had a great evening at the Jetty Bar, enjoying beautiful food and cocktails, all in a lovely setting on the beach.
All in all, a pleasant stay, but lacking the finishing touches we would have expected from a hotel of this caliber.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai