Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel
Ranked #108 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the Habtoor in Dubai for 3 nights enroute to South Africa. To be honest I was a little sceptical after reading the "terrible comments" written on trip advisor. Take my advice do not read them. We found the whole experience nothing short of fantastic. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. We did not both upgrading to a tower room. We had one near to the main pool area. It was clean - spacious and well equipped. The gardens are gorgeous. If you like tennis there are numerous courts to play on. The beach is a pleasant 3 minute stroll through the lovely gardens. The three restaraunts were great. On our first night we had the Lebonanese buffet. You will not get a better meal anywhere in the middle east. All you can eat. So in essence if you have booked already - dont believe the negative comments. If you are thinking of doing - the do.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ashley D
HabtoorGrand, Director Of Rooms at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star rating on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit which we hope it is rather sooner than later.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and well looked after. It has great mix of customers and is brilliant if you like playing tennis. You may even be lucky enough to spot a few tennis players.

This hotel is in a great location- next to the beach and 10 minute walk to the Dubai Marina Metro.

The hotel has two pools - one that is quieter and has great cocktails deals during their happy hour.

We stayed in the Tower room that partially overlooked the palms.

Duncan at concierge was great and very helpful.

Local Taxis from the hotel cost the same as all other locations ( starting at 3 AED) apart from the airport where it starts at 20 AED.

The hotel offers free shuttle buses to Dubai mall and outlet.

The hotel was accommodating in terms of late check out and ability to use the facilities before and after checking in/out.

The only downside was there is no complimentary wifi with standard rooms- it costs either 50 AED for an hour or 100 AED for a day. You can however get free wifi in coffee shops by the Marina or in the malls.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nds06
HabtoorGrand, Director Of Rooms at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

We are delighted that you liked our location and flexibility for check in and check out.

Duncan is extremely happy to read his name on TripAdvisor!

We are hoping that you give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Habtoor Grand from the 25th of November until the 3rd of December 2013, we were accomadated in a garden view room which was large and well furnished with a good size bathroom, the room was quite dark due to the choice of very dark wood furniture and bed headboard surrounds. The place was spotless inside and out with an army of staff working constatnly to maintain their standards. The choice of restaurants was very good especially the Italian called Lucianos, the Thai called the fish bazaar and villa romano italian, there were however an indian and an asian, also chinese which did not exist as these had closed but were still on the hotel list of restaurants. Be WARNED if you stay in a garden view room the beach club disco starts at 12.00 midnight and finishes at 03.00am, the music is booming, we hardly slept until the music stopped and then not very well, I dont know about the tower rooms but the sea facing rooms must have heard the racket, I would not recommend the garden view rooms for this reason which is a pity because the 1st floor rooms have a lovely big balcony. The tower areas are far better finished than the garden view buildings and I would not give these areas 5 stars, 4 would be more appropriate. The pool bar gives excellent service and good food and varied menu although eating in Dubai hotels has become very expensive, we ate in the adjoining Royal Meridian several times at the Mexican also at Rhodes 10 sponsered by Gary Rhodes, I had lovely fish and chunky chips with mushy peas, my wife had a 6oz fillet mignon with chunky chips mushroom sauce, two glasses of Pinot Grigio wine cost £79.46 not cheap however the food and service was excellent. Be warned if your cash runs low the only ATM is in the Grosvenor House hotel which requires a taxi cost 30 aed. Although we had a good stay spoilt only by the loud late music we would not go back to the Habtoor Grang rather spend the extra over to stay at the Royal Meridan next door a far better hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a tower room although I cannot guarantee you will not be disturbed by the late disco music, u...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DannnyMac566

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments submitted on TripAdvisor web portal.

We sincerely apologize for any in convenience caused due to the music volume level. We definitely understand how important a good night sleep is for everybody, and we are doing our best to ensure that music levels do not affect other guests while resting.

We hope that this incident do not deter you from choosing our resort in the future ,

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon home away from home The Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & spa

Reviewed December 3, 2013

It's very difficult to find any major fault with this hotel/resort - other than it's very big and therefore felt quite impersonal. Standards were high - having observed members of the outdoor staff sweeping and mopping the paths I was impressed!

The pools, beach, extensive choice of restaurants are all excellent. I was a bit disappointed that the infinity pool closed quite early as I'd fancied having an evening cocktail there - but if I ever stayed here again then I probably wouldn't go down to the main pool - I'd just hang around the more secluded pool and lounge on the romantic beds.

The room I was given, with a balcony and view over the sea/marina was very spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was brilliant - good sized bath, with handheld shower, and a separate huge shower cubicle with overhead and hand-held shower heads - with easily controlled temperature and pressure. Fabulous! And nice toiletries too!

I enjoyed a nice lunch in the Italian restaurant, and had a very nicely cooked steak in the evening in one of the restaurants in the main building (just off the foyer). My waiter was lovely - but not the most efficient as he kept forgetting what I had ordered and had to come back to double-check, and even after double-checking then forgot which sauce I had wanted with my steak!

The only major problem I encountered was at breakfast. Numerous (female) staff members commented that I was on my own, asking whether I was expecting somebody to join me, whether I was sure I was on my own etc. and appeared very uncomfortable with my single status. And then - when I went off to get my breakfast from the buffet they cleared my table of my juice, coffee and cutlery - so when I came back everything had disappeared. There was no apology - just another "you are on your own?" question. Annoying!!!!!!! I recognise that there are cultural differences - but…surely a hotel with international visitors is used to having single female travellers….or maybe not!

So - as a single person I probably wouldn't stay in this hotel again - but if I was taking a young family then I can imagine that it would be a fun and safe resort with lots of activities and choices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Yblodyntatws

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback about your stay with us.

We value the comments of our guests as they give us the opportunity to permanently review our overall guest experience. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our apology for our waitresses queries during breakfast, we agree 100% that this should not have happened.

Once again thank you for taking the time, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice this year, in August and September and were very impressed with not only the upgraded rooms we stayed in but also the high quality service and facilities in the hotel. There is a good choice of restaurants and whilst not cheap the meals we had were excellent. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed the service and facilities of the hotel for the second time.

Please inquire about the Habtoor Loyal membership which has many benefits for our repeated guests.

Looking forward to your next visit and we assure you of our top service and attention at all times.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Excellent large rooms, good choice for breakfast, staff very friendly. Handy hint, on overnight flight no early room available, so have swimming stuff easily accessible (2:00pm check-in).
Conceige also very helpful. Really enjoy 4WD sand tunes and camp tour, booked in lobby of hotel

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower, and all the rooms seemed fine
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thanks for a 5 star review!

We are glad that you have enjoyed the stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to our resort.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Whilst the pool and beach facilities are excellent,and with a wide choice of restaurants and activities,the hotel it self seems slightly dated and in need of refreshing ,domestic staff are very pleasant and helpful,but front of house seem and a bit aloof.Breakfast was ok but at £25 a head not great.local marina area Is busy at night but whole area Is undergoing a regeneration,so traffic is busy and noisy,dubai skydive is next door,which provides a fair bit of background noise if you are looking for a peaceful time round the pool or the beach,can be a bit obtrusive.Beds where hard,and a few more pillows as spares would be a bonus.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor portal.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Rest assured that all your critic points have been shared with our department heads for urgent rectification.

We hope you pay us another visit to witness the improvements.