Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$168
$123
$272
$228
$189
$323
$294
Hotels.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
$300
$249
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$190
$122
Trip.com
$1,906
$191
$1,457
$1,225
3,950 results
All reviewstower roomunderground pubhorizon poolal dhiyafaresort roomsgrand grillpolo barthe club loungezero gravitypool areamain poolfamily roomtennis courtshalf boardsea viewjbr walkprivate beach
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is so bad I've decided to write my first review and warn people against booking with these morons.

Lets get the mis-selling out the way; the Habtoor Grand is not a five star hotel. The infrastructure exists for it to be four stars but the dilapidated condition of the place, the poor service and the bad food mean it should be down graded to three stars. If you want to stay at a five star hotel go check out The Fairmont on the Palm, either of the One & Only hotels, anything by Jumerijah, the list goes on as Dubai is full of amazing luxurious hotels, unfortunately the Habtoor Grand is not one of them.

Check-in; was my worst ever. When I mentioned this to one of the staff they just smiled at me. The staff are robots and under qualified for the task. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Swimming Pool; truly awful and where I've spent most my time. The bed towels were more grey than white and they were hard - some fabric softenor might help. The beds are dilapidated. They was no room in between lounger, they were pushed right up next to one another. Tiles were missing from the pool floor. The 3 restaurants surrounding the pool belonged in the 1970's and the food in the 1960s. The pool staff constantly forgot my drink orders and were in general rude. The only positive was that the pool temperature was always warm however this might have been contributed to my the amount of unsupervised children swimming in it…

Breakfast; I've had better school dinners than the cardboard this lot served up. After the second day I just had cereal and fruit.

The Room; great view being on the 17th floor just a shame about the noise from the open air club below. The windows aren't soundproof and the bass travels so if you are planning an early night don't expect peace and quiet. The TV and mini-bar belonged in a roadside motel. The pillows were paper thin - I slept with 4 in a pile. Interior design average, especially comparing it to other 5 star hotels in Dubai.

Room Service; I ordered room service on 5 occasions. I never finished a meal as the food was terrible. They also made a mistake on my order twice.

Do Not Disturb; unless you leave the sign on expect to be disturbed whenever you are in the room. Someone was always knocking for some nonsense.

Internet; the wi-fi was slow, not always accessible by the pool and automatically logged out every 20 minutes. The last point became very frustrating as I had to enter in the codes given to me on a scrap of paper - not very 5 star. As I paid 400 AED (£70) for 5 days usage I expect better. Also the hotel only allows one device per account which meant if I wanted my phone and laptop to be connected to the internet at the same time I'd have to pay another 400 AED.

The list goes on but you should get the idea. Anyway wish me luck, I have two more days in this dive…...

PS - I welcome any feedback from the Habtoor Grand but won't hold out. Judging from the Hotel's responses they appear to ignore anything critical

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 1980-Traveller-1980
HabtoorGrand, Manager at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your time updating our webpage. and sharing your personal opinion with all the readers of TripAdvisor.

Habtoor Grand Beach resort & spa has many fans from all over the world!

We hope that you can give us another chance so that we could demonstrate the true Arabian hospitality.

In order to serve you better , it would be great if we can receive a reply on our personal message sent to your account so that we can address all your concerns.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Habtoor,not as good as others.the hotel is nice,but tired and in need of a boost.the food,and quality of service in the resteraunt area is excellent.the room was nice enough but lacked the 5 star touches I expected and thought I had paid for.no major gripes as such,it's just a dated and un atmospheric hotel.if the hotel is more than a place to sleep while you are on holiday,,then look away.6/10.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our experience started when we tried to check in, We hadn't been made aware that all parties needed photo id, we got the impression from reception that the best solution to this was to not check in at all, they didn't try to come up with any solution whatsoever. I suggested they book the room in one persons name which was reluctantly accepted. The first morning we were woken at 08.00 after a long journey by the sound of a JCB drilling directly outside of our window, due to this we decided to get up and go to the pool, we were quite rudely refused two towels at the beach as the room only had one occupant. When we asked if the one occupant residing in there five star hotel could have two towels the request was refused. We decided at this point to make a complaint, we were assured the room would be taken care of and eventually, only after promising that we would forward photo id by email we were finally allowed to borrow a second towel! Shockingly the towel wasn't even clean!

When we returned to our room our luggage was still there with no notion of anything being done to improve our experience so assumed that this would be dealt with upon us leaving.

When we checked out we asked about the assurance of our room being "sorted" but this was ignored, we then spoke to the hotel manager who blamed the hotel next door for the noise and claimed it was unrelated and was quite clearly uninterested in anything to do with customer satisfaction. We were forced to pay the full rate for the both nights.

In addition to the above as stated by others the hotel is quite dated, the room a little tired and quite expensive. I previously stayed at the Westin nearby and found the whole experience to be a world apart. The Westin is a true quality hotel and very worthy of its five stars, I think the Habtour will be struggling to keep its own and more importantly any returning customers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GJH1186338

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review.

We like to take this chance to inform you and all the travelers that as per UAE law all occupants must scan their valid ID's prior to occupying any hotel / furnished apartment.

We have the same information mentioned on all of our booking channels.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations but rest assured that the matter has been shared with the concerned department.

Looking forward to your future visits

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I spent a week at the hotel with my two teenage boys. To be honest you often get what you pay for and this is not an expensive five star hotel however there are so many niggling things that were wrong. But first the positives, front desk staff were very helpful and efficient. The room although small was clean and the rooms were cleaned well every day with a good turndown service. However irritations - food is very poor; the family just didn't look forward to breakfast because the presentation was poor and food very often tasteless. We had one lunch time buffet in the main restaurant and I think it is one of the worst I have seen in Dubai and I lived here for three years. We tried the Chinese restaurant (which is beautiful) but food again was poor. The sport club has some good facilities but why charge AED50 to hire a squash racquet? Service is very hit and miss. I asked the concierge how I booked tickets for a show at the Madinat Theatre but he basically told me to do it myself. Every time you leave the hotel you are pressured to take a limo when there are taxis waiting there. I even had to argue with the door staff before they would call me a taxi. Many of the staff are very helpful but its clear they are not well trained and often not well led. We took the Club room option which includes an area where you can go for breakfast. One morning the staff were clearly overwhelmed, the food was everywhere there was no cutlery, no bowls, not fruit juice etc.. When I pointed this out to a senior member of staff he just told me to basically shut up with no apology offered. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gadstrat

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

Rest assured that our management team is working on improving overall guest experience and meeting all of your expectations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The view from our ocean view tower room was the only thing that took our breath away about this hotel. The extremely loud music from the club at night was definitely a major distraction for a romantic evening. The breakfast package/buffet was enjoyable, however the staff was too efficient when it came to clearing off tables for the next users as they emptied our table although we were obviously still there (our travel guides and glasses were still lying there!) as we made the mistake of both going for additional items at the same time! (Didn't make that mistake again!) the bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. After multiple requests, finally got enough to make do. On the afternoon of what was scheduled to be our final day there, we ordered snacks while relaxing poolside. Nachos and Arabian Fried Tasty Bites to be specific. Within three hours of consumption, we were both became violently ill. We notified the night manager who promised to make a report and follow up with us the next day. After a very difficult night with no rest, we made the decision to postpone our travel plans to allow for some much needed recovery. The nurse was dispatched to see us and provided electrolytes and some medication. She also stated that she would have some juice, bananas and crackers sent to our room as well as provide documentation for us to give the airlines to assist with the change fee charges. After waiting for over an hour, we called room service to inquire about when the food and beverage items would be delivered. They had no record of any such order, so we placed it ourselves. Instead of bringing saltine type crackers, they brought garlic crusted croutons and didn't seem to understand why this was unacceptable! They also brought a hefty bill for the items that the nurse stated would be provided for us. Feeling so poorly, we decided that we would worry about the charges later. To shorten this saga, the hotel implied that they were doing us a favor to allow us to stay an additional day, no documentation was provided, and the charges for the juice, bananas, and inappropriate croutons stood! Very poor customer service!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple