“Extremely expensive for a not-5-star hotel”

Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel
Ranked #108 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I did stay at more expensive hotels but they were worth every penny. I cannot say the same for Grand Habtoor. The quality to price ratio is extremely bad and I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. We stayed in a very badly maintained room, a 3-star hotel would have a much better room. Most of the items in the room are very old and rusty. The air conditioning is noisy and not very efficient. The bathtub has stains. The wifi is the most expensive I ever paid and it is not even high enough speed. The seaside and the pool area seem nice but the quality of service and food are very low. We asked for a fruit juice and to our big surprise, it was mixed with water.

The good things are location and the staff that is trying to help (except a gentleman at the front office) despite the lack of professionalism. They were kind to accept our early checkout.

They also have a very strange price policy. Pint of beer is 38 AED at the pool side and a small can of beer is 45 AED in the room!

In short, avoid this hotel. Dubai and Abu Dhabi has so many nice hotels, this one will just make you feel like you are cheated.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just returned from a seven day break at the hotel with my children.
Positives: The staff were helpful and polite, breakfast and lunch choice was good.
Negatives: the rooms were not cleaned properly, i had to complain several times!, on the admin side they were all over the place, I had to repeat myself several times to resolve issues, so annoying. They charged extortionate amount for internet! about 100 pounds for 7 days and it was only for one device! The drinks were expensive and no one told me that the half board did not include drinks!
Most of the staff are foreigners so they don't always understand what you are saying.
evening meal at the main restaurant was terrible!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HabtoorGrand, Dir. Of Rooms at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for updating our web page on trip advisor.

We appreciate your feedback, and please rest assured that we have shared all your valid points with concerned heads of departments so that necessary action to be taken.

We apologise if we did not meet your expectations and wish that you give us another chance to truly demonstrate our true Arabian Hospitality that Habtoor name has been renowned for.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is our second trip to the Habtoor Grand Hotel and they didn’t disappoint us again. We found the staff to be friendly and courteous they will do everything they can to make your stay perfect. Plenty of Restaurants and Bars to choose from within the Hotels grounds, Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Italian, and the best steak you will get any ware. Great beach bar that has good choice of snacks with Francis the best barman you can get nothing was too much trouble for him as the rest of the staff on the beach. Rooms clean and spacious with everything you need. The Garden Rooms can be a bit noisy if you are near the night club but it was Christmas and didn’t have to get up too early as breakfast is served until 10.30pm with so much choice. Habtoor Grand has the best beach location, with plenty of water sports and plenty of room. There is a lot round the Hotel now so easy to walk out into the marina that has lots of restaurants, coffee shops to visit, the metro is within 10 minutes walk away it’s clean and cool and a good cheap way to travel. Thank you

Room Tip: If you have a garden room can be a bit noisy due to the night club, but it was Christmas but then yo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HabtoorGrand, Dir. Of Rooms at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about our resort on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your second visit with us and was pleased with the facilities and service of our staff members.

All your positive comments are greatly appreciated, and they can only push us forward to deliver excellent service to all our guests.

We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 1, 2013

As part of a honeymoon trip to Australia we booked this hotel on the recommendation of the travel agent. I would stay here if you like the following;

Rude and unhelpful staff
Having to kill flies from the Air Conditioning which end up on your bed
If you would like to experience sleeping in a night club and sleeping without curtains
Stepping over drunk collapsed clubbers (this is Dubai not Ibiza)
Would like to learn Russian before receiving decent service

Worst hotel I've ever booked, please consider other hotels or other destinations first

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gg81Scotland
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here dozens of times when in Dubai. i personally choose as i used to live in Dubai Marina so have good relationship and loyalty scheme with management. It is a fun place to stay with a lively nightlife. comfortable rooms, great bathrooms with nice selection of restaurants. always a fun if pricy place to stay in Dubai. only real down point is the breakfast is awful and its not cheap but where in Dubai is!

Room Tip: The Garden rooms are dated but some like for pool side location. if your going for tower they are al...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HabtoorGrand, Director Of Rooms at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and all the readers of TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in The Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa. It has been our pleasure looking after you.

We have passed your comments about breakfast to our executive chef and definitely you will see some changes when you visit us again soon.

We look forward to welcoming you again in our resort on your next trip.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 1, 2013

spent a few days here from Boxing Day to NYE, myself and my partner took our 14 year old and 3 year old lads, we all had an amazing time and my only criticism is the amount of money it costs for soft drinks, (a can of coke 25 Dirhams) not just here but in a few of the hotels around JBR Walk. My advice would be to find a local shop and purchase drinks (a can of coke 1.5 Dirhams) in advance.

Room Tip: with regards to Breakfast there are plenty of place to go for a walk and grab something, wouldnt was...

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in The Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa. It has been our pleasure looking after you.

We look forward to welcoming you again in our resort on your next trip.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The first hung about this hotel is that they ask for a deposit for practically everything! Even a blackberry charger! I find this ridiculous and of such poor taste.
Next, they don't tend to keep things clean...at the pool bathroom, no toilet paper and it was disgusting, dirty,paper all over the floor...no sign of anyone intending to get it cleaned. So I now am avoiding all the bathrooms here in the hotel...I go back to my room.
Thirdly, it seems some rooms have a special access to a lounge area where breakfast is served separately...nice idea, pity that it is a total disaster. You arrive at breakfast, have to fight for a table (no one even if I waited at the entrance approached us) and it was war since there are more people than tables available. Then we had to find ( am not kidding..we looked in cupboards) glasses, cutlery, even napkins! Then the plates are finished and not replaced so we have to ask every time (the waiters running around like chickens without heads) food and juices run out and not replaced until we have to run after a waiter and ask...anyways, the most stressful breakfast I ever had..my 4 yr old seemed the only one who enjoyed her breakfast).
Then for anything you ask for, you need to remind them many times otherwise it does not happen.
Lastly and this in my view is outrageous...we were at a place where it was impossible to find a taxi, so we called the hotel and asked if they could send us a taxi...they said no, taxis busy...can you imagine? All they had to do was call a local taxi company for us and send them to our location! Or give us info on whom to call to get a bloody taxi, it no! They just could not care less!! I just could not believe this...I have another few days to go unfortunately so I hope things get better otherwise I think this will be the worst vacation ever.....ps: they don't know how to make cocktails so better avoid or tell them how to do it....wish me luck.

Room Tip: High floors, nicer view
1  Thank AlexTedje2017