“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Dubai
Ranked #69 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were greeted by polite and attentive staff. The room was clean and spacious with plenty of seating area and a great view. The Concierge and Porter staff were very helpful and pleasant.

There was a wide variety of food at breakfast in The Kitchen restaurant. The food was good in the evening but the menu could do with more plain foods and more choice for those that don't eat red meat e.g. more fish and chicken dishes. Restaurant staff very pleasant, helpful and attentive.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Gold Souk. A complimentary shuttle to various shopping malls is available. The Big Bus tour also provides two picks up before 10 am at the hotel.

If we were in the area again we would stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JN51
HRegency, Manager at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear JN51,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Trip Advisor forum. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,772)

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had a one night layover in December. Front desk staff were good but a fairly unremarkable stay for those prices. I have no idea why hotels in Dubai are so expensive. I had another stay in January. I couldn't get a beer after a 9 hour flight because of some religious holiday. This is an international hotel !!! I had to pay an exorbitant hourly rate for a slow wifi internet connection but the worse part was that there was no hot water at 6:00AM for my early flight the next day. I complained to deaf ears at the front desk . When I returned home and filled in their survey and complained further, the front office manager emailed me apologizing and said to contact him on my next trip. I emailed him for my next trip in March and he basically ignored his previous email and said the best he could do was a full priced room at $700. . I will not be staying at this Hyatt again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank icepick48

Dear Icepick 48,

We are sorry to read of the disappointment that you experienced on your recent trip to Dubai.

There are unfortunately some occasions when we are required to conduct preventative maintenance in the hotel and whilst we try to minimise the impact this has on our guests, by conducting as much as we over night (such as with this one hour water shut down), and notifying guests in advance, there are occasions that it does cause some inconvenience and we would like to once again sincerely apologise for this.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on a recent business trip. It needs some serious upgrading. All public areas are cold and unremarkable. The pool area is uninviting. There are many signs of wear and tear. There is constuction 24x7 around the hotel which spoils the views and adds noise and dirt. The planes flew relentlessly by my window day and night. My room smelled of oil and cigarette smoke at various times. The gym stank of wood floor polish - I couldnt take being in there.

I see a lot of positive reviews but things are maybe all relative ...I have already spent 36 nights in hotels this year.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank LeavingOrangeCounty
HRegency, Manager at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear LivingOrangeCounty,

I regret to know of your disappointment and please be assured that we will take your feedback constructively.

Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was at Hyatt Regency and Galleria to attend a weeding.. I found the hotel great and amazing..Staff are polite and friendly ready to serve you at their best.. Ashriya served us well .She made us feel that we are getting a royal service that is what we all look for in an Hyatt establishment. Hard working staff and great team work was what U saw there.. As a whole had one of the most memoriable day of life.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Azwan00

Dear Azwan00,

Thank you for sharing your thought with TripAdvisors and I would gladly to share your feedback to the whole team.

Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just returned from a fantastic holiday stay at this hotel in Dubai. We had to arrive a day early to avoid our trip being delayed or cancelled due to snow storm back home. The hotel was able to make extremely late notice accommodations for our family and friends. We arrived at night and our large group was greeted by a polite and attentive staff. Check-in was speedy and efficient! The room was clean and spacious with plenty of seating area and a great view of downtown and the Deira Corniche. There was a wide variety of delicious food at breakfast at "The Kitchen" restaurant. The Executive Lounge is spacious and has great selection of food, snacks, and drinks. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Gold Souk & Spice Souk. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to various shopping malls and sites around Dubai. In addition to this, the "Big Bus Dubai" tour picks up and drops off at the hotel, which is a PLUS! I definitely plan on staying here again when visiting Dubai in the future. I highly recommend this hotel, and cannot say enough about how polite and helpful the concierge and staff are. Great value for a Five Star hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cortney J
HRegency, Manager at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Cortney J,

Thnak you very much for sharing your experience and we look forward to have you again with us.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We wanted to visit the topfloorrestaurant as we had 15% discounttickets by "Dubai Big Bus company". Because the hotel is not very central we travelled especialy to this hotel for having the so-called spectaculair view from the topfloor.In our tickets it was not mentioned is was closed from 15.00-18.30. We arrived as a walk-in at 15.05 so were were refused entru. We asked for only having a drink instead but that wasn't possible too. I think this isn't a very international servicelevel for a brand hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reistu

Dear reistu,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am sorry of your disappointment.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

An excellent hotel to stay for a holiday vacation with the family. The apartments are well furnished, neat and spacious. The attached kitchenette is well equipped to cater to the needs of a family wanting to have their meals in the room. The location is great and the view from the hotel is superb. The staff are extremely helpful and cater to all your needs. All in all a very enjoyable and memorable stay.

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter which side the allocated room is. On one side you get a great view of t...