“Wonderful hotel & friendly service”

Hyatt Regency Dubai
Ranked #69 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel & friendly service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Dubai on several occasions and it never fails to impress us. We chkd in early morning for a 2 week stay at this wonderful hotel. All the staff and management really do make you feel very special. The quality of the rooms are amazing. You got a lovely spacious room & bathroom. Everything you need and want is in that bedroom & bathroom. We experienced a lovely breakfast at The Kitchen. The quality of the breakfast was excellent. We also had a meal at the Japanese restaurant Miyako. Myself and the family loved the experience and food at this restaurant. We also had a lovely meal at the revolving restaurant Al Dawar. It's international buffet with the food being out of this world. They got a lovely pool at the Hyatt with complimentary towels and nice sun loungers. I would like to say a personal thanks to Mr Ibrahim (Front office manger) for his wonderful appreciation to us for choosing the Hyatt Regency Dubai and all the help and assistance he gave us during our stay Also, Pooja (Front Reception). What a lovely smile and pleasant charm she has got. I rate her very professional in what she does and will go very far in her career. Thank you Hyatt Regncy Dubai for making our stay a wonderful one.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christopher J
HRegency, Manager at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear CJenkinswales,

Thank you for taking the time to share on tripadvisor, We are delighted that your family enjoyed their stay with us, and hope to welcome you all back again in the near future.

With best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family with a 11 month baby and took advantage of pay 2 nights stay 3 deal for the regency club room. The room was very spacious even with a lovely full sized wooden cot for the baby. We had excellent view across the creek and towards the city. But I think most rooms would have such a great view. We felt the club benefits were definitely worth the extra. It includes Internet access in the rooms, although access is free in lobby and club lounge anyway; continental breakfast that includes hot orders of pancakes or eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms and sausages and is served from 6.30-11am; and in the evening free drinks and a selection of numerous canapés, salad, cheeseboard and bread, crackers and dips that were so filling we had this as our dinner. In fact, we were also given access to breakfast on the day of our early arrival, and also to evening drinks and canapes on the day of our late departure. All the hotel staff were friendly and accomodating with our baby, bringing high chairs and making sure we had everything we needed for him. In fact we felt that the quality of the staff was what really made this hotel really excellent. We enjoyed the Miyako restaurant for a set lunch (which was good value compared to other menu items) so much that we went there 3 days in a row. I have noted others have complained about the location of the hotel which when compared to others is probably fair as there is not very much to do in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Taxis were about 20m to the airport and the same to the Dubai mall and cost about 35 dirham. Overall we had a very good stay at the Hyatt Regency and would certainly stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lauren E
Dear LaurenE

Thank you for taking the time to share.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that you enjoyed the extra comforts and convenience that the Regency Club lounge provided.

Hope to welcome you and your family back soon.
Expat OS
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Dubai and I stay here frequently. First, let me say, tourists to Dubai do not come to stay in Deira, which is a little remote from the tourist attractions, top shelf shopping, and the beach. I am typically in transit or on business, or looking for a couple of days peace and quiet. It is, I understand, near the gold souq but everything else is a bit of a trek. But guess what, taxis are really easy in Dubai (except hailing one between about 1700 and 1930 on the street) and there's a very good metro service to the main landmarks, including the malls. There is a métro stop three minutes away from the hôtel.

The hotel was built, I imagine, in the 80s? But it has been kept up to date. The rooms are simple, modern but plush, not high fashion but not fussy old fashioned, and in my experience, immaculate. Reliably so. Extremely quiet, comfy beds, lovely linens, abundant water and nice amenities, and a free loofah that I particularly appreciate. The Club Room is good value - rooms no different but airport pickup and drop off (car not bus), buffet breakfast, snacks and drinks at night, coffee all day, free business center if you require it, could make it worthwhile.

The gym is excellent. Large and very well appointed, with trainers, full range of functional fitness, cardio machines, weight machines, free weights and benches, plus a running track. Though they are currently doing major construction works on the Corniche, I have enjoyed running up and down there in the mornings, though not in the height of summer. The spa is clean, tranquil, fragrant, not as luxurious as some in Dubai but very competently done with excellent treatments and very good therapists.

Service is generally flawless. Service in club lounge is amazing. I don't go there all that often - maybe once a month - and the receptionists always remember me and address me by name. The one stay I had there where the service was poor, I put in writing while I was still staying there, and the response from the Director of Rooms was personal and swift. And I never had a problem again.

I have to mention Miyako which is an excellent and highly authentic sushi restaurant. I love it, and all my friends that I bring there love it.

In short, I know that I can check into the Regency and have a reliably low-key, excellent quality stay, use the gym, get a massage and get a peaceful night's sleep, unwind in the lounge and get some work done. Same consistent, excellent, service every time. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MissMesopotamia
Dear Miss Mesopotamia,

Wow, thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We really appreciate your continued support and indeed for sharing your thoughts with future potential guests of Hyatt Regency Dubai. Its interesting what people write about our location. I love the location, love the fact that we are in the traditional part, with souks and Abra's and dhows just a short stroll away. To me, that is the best tourist attraction in Dubai!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Paid for 4 nights and stayed for 5 under a special offer. Really happy with every aspect of our stay. Situated close to Gold Souk.Handy to see Dubai as a metro stop really close by but we used taxis which are very cheap. Ate in the revolving restaurant for lunch buffet , food was excellent but very expensive. The Kitchen did a variety of different foods from Indian to pizza which we enjoyed thoroughly on our first night as we arrived too late to go out anywhere. KFC and Pizza Hut within 5 minute walk of the hotel if you're looking for a quick cheap meal. Used the gym,sun deck,pool,table tennis,squash courts and found everything to be clean and good quality. Wifi only free in the lobby and bar( cocktails were gorgeous) which was a bit inconvenient but we worked round it to avoid having to pay for it in our rooms. Booked our desert safari experience through the hotel which was well organised and amazing. Nice views from the room with Burj Khalifa to the left othe distance and the sea to the right.
Overall I'm sure others would say that there are much better hotels in Dubai but for the price, even without the special offer I found the quality to be excellent value for money and I'd recommend to my family and fiends every time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bind1
Dear Bind1,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Karl
London
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Was upgraded to a suite which was really spacious. Great attention to detail. I ordered flowers for
my wife's birthday and they also gave me some complementary bateel dates, bottle of wine on ice. Hotel has been around for many years but room was new and of a very high standard. Would stay again. Many thanks to all at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear DrWright1978,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and trust that your wife enjoyed her birthday. Of course, we look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate her next birthday!

best regards
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed on the way to Rome June 2013. After an awful experience at Dubai airport, we were looking forward to a 5 star experience. So disappointing. After a lot of trouble, and a change of rooms, we were finally given the room we had booked months earlier. But the standard of the room, and the service, was no better than many 3 star hotels we have stayed in. It is average size, clean but nothing special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karoawanderers,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion we have not met your expectations. I would be interested to gain more specific feedback about your experience so that we can look to address these area's of opportunity. If you are able to forward any such feedback to dubai.regency@hyatt.com.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back when next you pass through Dubai.

Sincere regards.
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Despite of a wonderful location, Hyatt fails to meet the expectations of its guest on the criteria of amenities and services. Had booked 3 night stay at this hotel during June this year. To start with the bathroom amenities wasnt upto the mark and on many reminders the supply was made hesitatingly. The buffet breakfast wasnt luxurious with limited items on the table. Taste was ordinary which is certainly not expected from the Hyatt. Interiors were ok so were the room but hospitality and courtesy was missing all through my stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sunil P

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Tripadvisor format and I am rather surprised, and dissapointed to hear that your experience did not meet with your expectations.

Our bathroom amenities are generally considered to be quite extensive, with International branded Pharmacopia soaps, shampoo, conditioner,and moisturiser replenished daily. The buffet breakfast provided in The Kitchen Restaurant has an extensive range of cuisine including local, Indian and tradition Full American and English breakfast items.

I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back and that yuour next stay with us leaves you with a better impression.

Kind regards