“Great service in a lovely hotel”

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
Ranked #132 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Great service in a lovely hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel in January to take advantage of the 50% discount on weekends special offer.We had a beautiful corner room overlooking the sea and we were able to take full advantage of the club facilities before they were limited. There were flowers in our room every night and an artfully decorated chocolate cake for our anniversary. The staff were friendly and helpful in every way.

The only downside, and this was not the hotel's fault, was that the building works next door started at 4.30 am each morning and they kept us awake.

Room Tip: The corner room had an amazing view, but it was very hard to keep dark enough to sleep in the mornin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelhappy15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (908)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland England
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our second visit in the last 10 months and it was ok ..... BUT it could have been soooo much better.
It was Ramadan so drinks in the club lounge were reduced to just one hour 8 - 9pm!!!

Ramadan finished and the new hours are now 5 - 7pm. (Previously 6 - 8.30) Who is going to leave the beach early to get ready and start drinking at 5pm? Nice little saving for the Hilton.

For those who do bother, don't expect a refreshing G+T or a tasty whiskey and soda. No spirits available now. Just a wishy washy wine or a beer.

Afternoon tea is a sorry affair also. Gone are the warm scones with jam and cream. A few more pennies saved Hilton. Hope this works out cost effective for you because I for one will consider other properties before returning. Quite a few others we chatted to said the same.

Considering the noise of construction, the obstructed views, the overall shabbiness of the resort (the loungers have to be seen to be believed) perhaps Hilton should be enhancing their offerings rather than reducing them.

Fortunately one thing Hilton can boast is a wonderfully attentive and very accommodating staff. From a warm welcome front of house, immaculate housekeeping (thank you Saoun) waiting staff for whom nothing is too much bother to a bunch of very helpful guys on the beach. Nothing whatsoever to complain about here. Quite the contrary. A redeeming feature which thankfully went some way to makeup for a rather disappointing club level experience.

Hilton you are a 5* property in an outstanding location but cutting corners and penny pinching will do you no favours. There are too many far superior Hotels in Dubai.

You cannot live off your worldwide reputation. Be sure you will be found out.

Room Tip: Front Corner Alcove rooms are bright and very spacious with wonderful sea views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank judyush
Adel A, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review and for sharing with us your observations following your recent stay with us.

While we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the service provided by our team as well as the cleanliness of the hotel, it is with regret to acknowledge that we did not manage to fulfil your expectations on this occasion, particularly in regards to the Executive Lounge timings and products on offer. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

As our main concern is the quality of the experience provided by our hotel, we remain dedicated to facilitating a flexible and personalised approach. I only wish that I became aware of your dissatisfaction while you were still in house for me to be able to personally look into the matter.

I am sure that you would appreciate that the developments in the local community are beyond our control. I want to confirm that we are fully dedicated to deliver excellent service in order to minimise the impact of the construction in the vicinity of the hotel.

At the same time I am happy to inform you that we are soon to implement a new line of beach furniture in accordance to the latest trends in the industry as well as are in the process of refreshing the Executive Lounge food and beverage selection to introduce a larger variety of products as per your comments.

We truly hope that none of the misgivings mentioned would prevent you from considering another stay with us as we are really looking forward to an opportunity to prove to you that we have taken all the points raised seriously and we have learnt from them.

Warm regards,

Boris Guerov
Director of Operations
Aberdeen
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excellent location on the walk. Staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and has its own private beach. Was perfect place to stay with having shops, bars and restaurants footsteps away. Defo stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicola S
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went there for our honeymoon.Our room, service, surprises, concierge staff, breakfast everything was perfect...Thanks for great and comfortable stay! We would choose Hilton Jumeriah definetely for our nex stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Location excellent, room quite and well kept. Actually the staff would knock on the door to enquire if we needed towels changed or if there was anything further that we might require. The pool and beach very well kept. Although there was building next door that did not affect us at all. We arrived at the hotel at 5.00am and check in was only at 2.00pm -this was actually an oversight on our part, however we were allowed an early check in without any further charge. The breakfast was very good indeed, there was a great variety that one was spoilt for choice. Overall our experience was a very good one and I would without hesitation recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dubail

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Antonio Saraiva M
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is very well placed on the Jumeirah beach residence road a lively area to vist especially during the evening. It has its own private beach and very convenient to travel to any part of the city

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank tonebed
Lasswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My comments are in regard to the executive lounge recently during Ramadan. We were given a letter welcoming me there as a returning Diamond honors member which gave times of restaurants and the lounge.

I queried the lounge times and was assured that what I had been told was in fact the correct times. I attended with my wife and wondered why it was so quiet. I asked the receptionist in the lounge and was told that it was too early and I would have to wait 3 hours. I asked why I had been told different times and she could only apologise for completely wasting my time.

This shows complete lack of attention to detail from management who haven't got the gumption to check that letters given out (proudly) communicate completely wrong and misleading information.

The following morning at breakfast the service was absolutely appalling, so slow in fact that I was beginning to grow a beard. I asked for a specific order that should have taken 5 minutes, however after 25 minutes I had to ask what was taking so much time. When the order eventually came it was so overlooked that I gave it back. Complete incompetence by a chef that needs to go back to catering college to learn the basics.

I asked to speak to the duty manager the night before but I had to mention to the receptionist that I was still waiting. Was this indicative of the incompetent and unprofessional style of management that Hilton seem to to find acceptable at this hotel? I Can only assume so given their attitude to their paying customers.

If you want service go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mike2576
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time and effort to share your experience following your recent stay with us.

I am surprised and disappointed to learn of your sentiments related to the issues you have encountered. I also regret that my team was not quick enough to ensure your immediate satisfaction once you have contacted one of our team members. I sincerely apologize for the hassle caused to you.

While we understand your comments in regards to the serving times at our Executive Lounge I must point out that during the month of Ramadan we were limited in our abilities to provide the full range of our products due to the local law in regards to the alcoholic beverage on offer during the period. I am disappointed to hear that the welcome letter you have received did not entirely clarified the above.

As we always place great value into the satisfaction of all our guests, please rest assured that we have taken your comments very seriously in order for us to find new ways to further improve our services and to prevent recurrences of this nature in the future.

We are grateful for your honest comments and we hope we would have another chance to prove to you that exceeding our guests’ expectations has always been our main focus. We all look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort in the near future.

Warm regards,