“our stay at the Hilton”

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
Ranked #136 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Location excellent, room quite and well kept. Actually the staff would knock on the door to enquire if we needed towels changed or if there was anything further that we might require. The pool and beach very well kept. Although there was building next door that did not affect us at all. We arrived at the hotel at 5.00am and check in was only at 2.00pm -this was actually an oversight on our part, however we were allowed an early check in without any further charge. The breakfast was very good indeed, there was a great variety that one was spoilt for choice. Overall our experience was a very good one and I would without hesitation recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dubail

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Antonio Saraiva M

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is very well placed on the Jumeirah beach residence road a lively area to vist especially during the evening. It has its own private beach and very convenient to travel to any part of the city

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank tonebed
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My comments are in regard to the executive lounge recently during Ramadan. We were given a letter welcoming me there as a returning Diamond honors member which gave times of restaurants and the lounge.

I queried the lounge times and was assured that what I had been told was in fact the correct times. I attended with my wife and wondered why it was so quiet. I asked the receptionist in the lounge and was told that it was too early and I would have to wait 3 hours. I asked why I had been told different times and she could only apologise for completely wasting my time.

This shows complete lack of attention to detail from management who haven't got the gumption to check that letters given out (proudly) communicate completely wrong and misleading information.

The following morning at breakfast the service was absolutely appalling, so slow in fact that I was beginning to grow a beard. I asked for a specific order that should have taken 5 minutes, however after 25 minutes I had to ask what was taking so much time. When the order eventually came it was so overlooked that I gave it back. Complete incompetence by a chef that needs to go back to catering college to learn the basics.

I asked to speak to the duty manager the night before but I had to mention to the receptionist that I was still waiting. Was this indicative of the incompetent and unprofessional style of management that Hilton seem to to find acceptable at this hotel? I Can only assume so given their attitude to their paying customers.

If you want service go somewhere else.

4  Thank Mike2576
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time and effort to share your experience following your recent stay with us.

I am surprised and disappointed to learn of your sentiments related to the issues you have encountered. I also regret that my team was not quick enough to ensure your immediate satisfaction once you have contacted one of our team members. I sincerely apologize for the hassle caused to you.

While we understand your comments in regards to the serving times at our Executive Lounge I must point out that during the month of Ramadan we were limited in our abilities to provide the full range of our products due to the local law in regards to the alcoholic beverage on offer during the period. I am disappointed to hear that the welcome letter you have received did not entirely clarified the above.

As we always place great value into the satisfaction of all our guests, please rest assured that we have taken your comments very seriously in order for us to find new ways to further improve our services and to prevent recurrences of this nature in the future.

We are grateful for your honest comments and we hope we would have another chance to prove to you that exceeding our guests’ expectations has always been our main focus. We all look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort in the near future.

Warm regards,

Adel Ashry

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Styayed at the Hilton Jumeirah in July for eight nights and enjoyed the luxury of the executive floor. From the General Manager to the porters the staff were first class, eager to help and always curtious. I was upgraded to an executive room and enjoyed all the benefits that that provided. The hotel is not the most modern in Dubai but from my experience it is certainly an experience that helps you to relax after a busy day and on the weekends the beach and pool areas are clean and you are always well looked after without being pestered.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent hotel as per all other reviews, super location and excellent sky bar. Staff especially welcoming and helpful. Gorgeous origami towels - thanks to housekeeping guys! Just a little surprised that 5 star hotel in technology capital of Arabia charges fat fees for Internet.

1  Thank Anne F
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great hotel, lovely room. We had B&B and the breakfast was fabulous, well worth having.
The hotel has gardens going down to its own beach area. Both were very clean, lovely facilities and great waiter service.
The location is great, on The Walk, with loads of restaurants nearby and walks to the Marina etc. Eating out can be cheap in Dubai, the IHOP along the walk was fine and we ate lunch in two of the malls very reasonably. Have drinks and a basic meal on the top floor BICE restaurant on the balcony, pop into the Ramada say for the outside bar on the 35th floor.
Taxis are very cheap, just a few £s to the malls.
We booked some trips and these too were good and very reasonable, including half day Dubai tour, dinner cruise and dune bashing with a buffet dinner and show in the desert. All trips door to door and in Toyota Land Cruisers!
Drinks and meals in the hotel are expensive, but have one and then eat elsewhere. Drinks everywhere are dear, so stick to sparkling bottled water .......

Room Tip: We ased for a quiet room and got one that included a side view of the beach and Atlantis.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mkdiner
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a great time at the Hilton. Customer service was fantastic. Very accommodating at breakfast to cater for our 3 year old. Every morning she was greeted warmly and given a balloon which was a lovely touch. We loved the pool and the location being right on the beach. we definitely return hopefully in September .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family