“Fantastic hotel”

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
Ranked #146 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a week staying in the Hilton and enjoyed every minute of it! We booked into a panoramic corner suite which overlooked the beach and sea. You could see palm island from the room so had a great view! We dined in the rooftop restaurant where I had a fantastic piece of tuna. We drank in the bar every evening before heading for dinner and the staff immediately learnt our names and drinks, very personal without being over the top.
On arrival we were upgraded to a 2 bedroomed family suite, however once inside the room we discovered that it had no balcony and overlooked a building site next door. We spoke to the staff about this and they very quickly moved us to another room without hesitation. As smokers a balcony is a must! There was so much building work going on in Dubai that all hotels will have this problem at some point I'm sure. Other than that this is a true 5star experience.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maggy S
Write a ReviewReviews (5,103)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

On our recent stay in August we checked in using our debit card and were assured that only a pre authorization would be taken and that should we wish to pay by cash on departure this would be fine. At the time of our departure we decided to pay for our stay in full by cash. The systems were down at the hotel when we departed however I was assured that my debit card would NOT be charged. I paid by cash but was not given a receipt despite asking twice. I was verbally assured that the card would not be charged. I was concerned about this situation so checked my bank online at our next destination and to my surprise the hotel had taken the full amount off my card. I called the hotel immediately and was told that the card would be refunded only after 15 days. I said that they should never have taken the money off the card as I paid cash on departure.The money was deducted the day after my departure, but they insisted that the money would be refunded after 15 days and nothing could be done until then. I waited the 15 days and called again. All these calls at my expense which was frustraing as the communications were poor and I spoke with numerous people repeating myself and story over and over again. Finally the money was refunded after 21 days and a number of calls. To my surprise once again the money was short by £200. I have again been in touch with the hotel and am having no joy trying to get the shortfall refunded to me. They say my bank is responsible for she shortage but I have spoken with the bank and they assure me nothing was deducted by them and that the Hilton needs to trace the shortages from their side. I called over a week ago and was assured that a manager would call me and here I am still waiting for the call. Take note travelers don't use a debit card and then try and pay by cash or you too could be in this situation. What was an enjoyable trip is fast becoming a nightmare. This was our first experience with Hilton hotels and is likely to be the last.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Karen O
ADEL A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort.

I am truly disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your expectations regarding the billing related to your visit.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would like to assure you that we have now taken all the necessary steps to refund the amount in question and I would ask for your patience during the time needed for this transaction to be reflected on your account.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on adel.ashry@hilton.com as it would be my pleasure to assist you further.

I truly hope that the shortcomings you have experienced will not completely hinder you from considering a stay with us again in the nearest future.

Your sincerely,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just got back from 5 days in Dubai and had a wonderful time with perfect weather. Unfortunately the Hilton did not live up to expectation. We asked for 2 interconnecting rooms as we are a family of 5 and the children had to sleep on a turned out sofa that hardly wasnt horizontal in any direction - for the price we paid we would expect to sleep horizontally! We also paid for breakfast but when we arrived we were told breakfast was not included in our package and as we had no evidence of this we had to pay for it - at about $50 per person what a rip off. The food was average and expensive. But Dubai was incredible Next time I'll be going straight to Atlantis.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aussie_Girl779
ADEL A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

While I am disappointed to know that we were unable to fully meet your expectation on this particular occasion, I appreciate receiving comments from you as a valued guest, as this type of feedback will help us to improve our services and facilities.

I understand your concern in regards to providing accommodation to larger families. We have faced this challenge in the past especially during periods of high occupancy when we struggle to meet the requests for connecting rooms. Therefore our adjacent sister hotel - the Hilton Residences, now offers a range of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom appartments perfectly suited for the needs of families on holidays. The half-board packages available also support our goal to be a leader on the leisure market in Dubai and offer great value for money to travellers looking for a competitive Food and Beverage offer.

Should you re-consider your decision to stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact our Reservation department directly or book through hilton.com to make us aware of your specific preferences and avoid confusions about the package booked.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel in the marina area. Nice rooms and decent pool (with swim up bar) and beach area.
It's not quite as big of real estate as Le Royal Meridien but it has a nice lawn area in between the pool and beach. Also a nice restaurant and bar right there.

Seemed to be up to par with the other hotels in the area. Also seems a good spot for families. Plenty of restaurants and shops close by.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank sihyo1982
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first stop on our honeymoon, and although we had a nice seaview room, we had a disappointing finish when we paid our bill. We were told that on our half-board plan that if we missed breakfast, that we would receive a credit for lunch, which we did, but they never explained that the credit did not apply if we did not eat at the most expensive restaurants, not the beach bar where we had lunch. When confronted at check-out, the manager on duty, mohammed wafi simply said too bad.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review and for bringing your comments to my attention following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to learn that we have failed in our efforts to provide transparent information about the details of your package during check-in. While the welcome letter received at the Front Desk specifies all options available within the pre-booked offer chosen by you, I am concerned to hear that you were left with the wrong impression of what is included in your package.

I appologise for the confusion caused and the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such situations in the future.

We look forward to another opportunity to deliver the level of performance you have every right to expect from the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just got back from our stay.. This was our second time back to dubai, but first time staying in the marina area and could not fault It really apart from When we arrived we where in the residance accross the road from the main hotel which we knew and told we had been put in a suite on the seventh floor with courtyard view which was fine. But as we had arrived very late at night, and we where very tired after the long journey we found out we where required to pay a substantial deposit for the mini bar in our room which we where not pre warned about that we needed a credit card for, ( not everyone has one) so we had problems due the amount required as the card would not allow it. And we didn't require a mini bar, I was starting to get annoyed after both my husband and I having to fill out the same forms each and with the deposit , but I must say that when another man came to take over the situation and solved the matter very efficiently and quickly which was fine.. And simply took the mini bar away. (Which we didn't want it in the first place) after all that we where given our room which we where told we had a room upgrade we had a great room very big suite with kitchen , fridge, king size bed, seating area and balcony. We could use the facilities in both Hilton resort and residance which was great . We where half board and had the buffet menu and most of the time buffet lunch in the Hartizan in the residance Building, where we found the staff very helpful and friendly particularly one man ( but didn't get his name) always smiling and happy to chat and help us with anything. Nothing was ever to much trouble . There was a huge choice for the breakfast buffet which I enjoyed. We had to pay for drinks at lunch and dinner, but not breakfast. And was nice to have the choice to choose lunch or dinner. We mostly used the private beach across the way to the residance which was literally across a small road, but be warned this does get really busy to cross in the evening. They did have a bridge to cross but it wasn't open as yet. But it didn't bother us crossing the road and going through the hotel . The pool in the main hotel was lovely nice to get in and cool down or you can relax in the garden areas on the loungers or you can choose the beach, where the beach butler would come around every now and again if you wanted to buy any drinks. There was towels available from the towel hut . And plenty of loungers around, around the pool did get busy but it didn't bother us as the sun moved quite quick and we wanted to sunbathe so found the beach was best for that. They where working next to the hotel but the noise didn't really bother us to be honest unless you wanted to be picky. They where also working on parts in the residence but again couldn't hear it. There was free wifi in the lobby but found it difficult to get onto but most staff where very helpful with connecting to it for me, after a few tries. The cleaners where great and our room was always clean to a great standard , even leaving a towel swan with rosé petals on our first and last night, and checking many times if our room was cleaned fine. We where given 2 bottles of water every day, and teas and coffee sachets to make our own if we needed. We had a hair drier , iron and ironing board and toiletries in the room for us. The residence had a 24 hour supermarket behind which was cheaper for drinks juice,water, etc.. The hotel was situated on the walk on jumeriah beach, which had plenty of places to eat around. We ventured out to the dubai mall and easily got a taxi from the hotel which did t cost much at all. As well as the aquapark in the Atlantis. I would say we had an excellent stay in a lovely hotel where all the staff we came into contact with where briilliant always saying good morning or hello when you go past. And would love to Go Back next year!!!! And the weather was hit during the week which was fantastic..

Room Tip: We stayed at residance with courtyard view floor 7 and was great. Nice view of part if the marina...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emsjones
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have just returned from a holiday at the residences part of this hotel and I have been periodically checking tripadvisor in the six months since we booked the holiday, so it's only fair that I make my contribution!

The hotel is immaculate, polished floors, almost OCD level cleanliness! I really never went into an area which was not being cleaned. The staff are ALL very polite and will genuinely try to help in any way they can, nothing is too much trouble for them. The restaurants food and service are really good.

The private beach and gardens are exceptionally clean and your every need is accommodated. When you arrive on the beach we were greeted by staff who would carry your towels etc. and find a lounger for you (there are plenty of loungers by the way). They regularly bring ice cold towels and ice lollies for you at no cost and have a beach butler. The security staff are everywhere (not that they are needed because it is by a distance the safest place I have EVER been!!) they constantly scan the beach and any non residents are calmly asked to move along without any fuss or heavy-handedness.

I really genuinely found this hotel to be the best I have ever stayed in and I have travelled extensively.

There is building, quite extensive in fact, on both sides of the hotel as you look towards the beach, there is a lot of noise with piling and lorries reverse beepers going all day from around 0700 - 2100 but that is Dubai, it is a massive work in progress throughout the city. I must emphasise that the building work, whilst constant and noisy DID NOT impact on our break AT ALL.

During our stay we celebrated a special occasion and the hotel management left a bottle of non alcoholic date wine, a freshly made cake, a fruit basket and a voucher to use the spa, amazing!

Please do not let the building work make you consider not choosing this hotel, if building work bothers you I STRONGLY recommend you stay well away from the whole of Dubai, it REALLY doesn't make any difference here.

Thanks again to the entire staff at the hotel for making our holiday a memory that we will remember for the rest of our lives for all of the right reasons!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple