“Great place to experience the old town”
Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

Ranked #98 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This Hilton has a great view of the Creek area from the rooftop pool. It's also a great platform to visit the Dubai Museum and Souks which you might otherwise miss. The front desk staff were really helpful as we're the staff supporting the restaurant and pool areas. Although the hotel was apparently busy, the hotel appeared very quiet. Like with many Hiltons, the hotel was probably geared towards the business market but frankly could suit anyone.
The bedrooms were new and clean. Breakfast was very comprehensive and overall our stay was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room but away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear PTFraveller62,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am pleased to note that you were satisfied with your experience of staying with us and found to your liking our location and proximity to interesting places in Dubai as well as the nice view you had while in our rooftop.

We are also grateful for your positive feedback with regards to the level of service you received from our team members in the Front Desk, Glasshouse restaurant and rooftop pool and bar. I am glad that you liked our bedroom facilities and enjoyed our breakfast offerings.

We are happy knowing that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this occasion and we look forward to the chance of welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights before heading off on a Dubai to Singapore cruise for our Silver Wedding Anniversary. I had emailed the operations manager a few weeks before to say it was a special occasion, but as I didn't get a reply I forgot about this. When we arrived at the hotel however(at 2am), we received a lovely welcome from all the staff, informing us that they would try their best to make our stay special and had picked out a special room. We were not disappointed. Our room had a fantastic creek view, jacuzzi bath and was decorated with rose petals and towel animals, we were really touched by the effort they had gone to. We loved the location of the hotel, although it was extremely hot, we managed to walk along the creek to the souks and see the locals at work, it was also great to catch a cheap abra across the creek. The staff in the hotel were all very helpful and friendly especially at breakfast, where the food and service were great(they even had black pudding lol!). We ate in the Glasshouse restaurant one night, but found it quite expensive and the food nothing special. We loved the pool area and it was never overly busy when we were there. The only downside to the hotel is the internet as others have already commented. If we ever return to Dubai, we will definitely stay here again and we'd like to thank everyone for making our holiday special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear alih68,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek to kick off your wedding anniversary celebration.

It was a really pleasure for all of us to know that you were completely satisfied with your experience of staying with us, as this is what we always strive to provide our valued guests.

We are grateful for your positive feedback with regards to the warm reception and services provided by our team members throughout your stay.

While I regret that you apparently did not get a reply from me, I have reasons to believe that I did not receive your email at all since I (or one of my team, on my behalf) always respond to any type of guest query.

Nonetheless, I am delighted to know our efforts to provide you the highest level of service during your stay have been successful and that we were able to meet your expectations of making your celebration as memorable as possible.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights. On arrival at hotel we were upgraded to a higher floor room which offered great views of the creek. Room was spotlessly clean and complimentary water and daily newspaper was provided. Decor both in the room and in the hotel areas was extremely modern, again enhancing the feel of cleanliness around the place.

Breakfast was included in our deal and the food was of good quality. Waiters were extremely pleasant and helpful. The pool area is located on the roof and offers great views of the Dubai skyline. The pool area is small and there could be problems getting sun loungers if hotel is busy. The pool attendant also provided cold, damp cloths every so often to guests which was welcome in the extreme heat.

The hotel is located some distance from the beach however does run a complimentary shuttle bus to the other Hilton hotel at the beach. This allows you to visit the beach area and also grants access to the other hotels pool area and other facilities.

There is also the Deira mall which is located a short taxi ride away from the hotel (costs a few pounds) and there is various clothing shops, restaurants and supermarket there. The hotel taxis can be expensive so best to walk to the street behind the hotel to get a taxi. From outside the mall there is a metro station which you can use to travel to the centre of Dubai to visit other attractions such as the Dubai mall and Burj Khalifa. The journey is only about 15 minutes and other areas of the city can be seen in the way.

All in all, the hotel experience was enjoyable and have no complaints.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maltese0212

Dear Maltese0212,

Thank you for posting for a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I appreciate reading your feedback on your stay with us and for expressing satisfaction over your experiences, from the time of your arrival up to your departure.

It was a pleasure to note that you enjoyed the services and facilities we have offered while you were in-house particularly in the room, breakfast offerings, the rooftop pool, our shuttle service to the beach area, our proximity to places of interest and commercial establishments such as malls and restaurants as well our being accessible to public transports that helped you explored the city.

We are happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this particular occasion so we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek for 8 nights from 19th to 27th May. I have to say the hotel (and our trip) really did live up to expectations. We were very warmly greeted by Ahmed (who was wonderfully helpful throughout our entire trip) which served as a really good first impression and set the tone for the rest of our stay. The staff are extremely willing and really do try their best to help you - the waiting staff did tend to get a little confused at time, and à la Carte breakfast orders (which were very tasty) did take too long on a couple of occasions. Although when that is your only real complaint you cannot feel too aggrieved.

In terms of the room, we had a Creek View room to start with (809, I believe) which was really pleasant but after a repeated issue with the battery in our safe and security having to come and unlock it for a couple of mornings in a row we were upgraded to 1401 - completely unprompted, I might add. Ahmed was again brilliant and also gave us entry (after a little prompting) into the Executive Lounge which I would well recommend paying for - the complimentary house beverages from 18:00 to 20:00 in particular are lovely and there is free internet too.

Not having free internet in a hotel in 2013 is absolutely ludicrous (especially with the rates that Hilton charge). It doesn't bear reflection on the management, but is something to bear in mind if you want to catch up with the news or emails at any point.

The location is a little bit out of the way, but as long as you are prepared to get a taxi, it really is not an issue, especially when the taxis are so cheap.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel, so thank you to all the staff (Ahmed Kabeer, in particular) who made it such a great trip. I must also say that the concierge that we dealt with (I forget his name, I do apologise) was also really brilliant and spent a great deal of time with us going through our itinerary and also arranged a private car for us for the day to go to Abu Dhabi which was well worthwhile and very good value.)

If you do choose to go then I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Room Tip: Definitely have a Creek View, and if possible pay for an Executive Level room.
2  Thank OBH842
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear OBH402,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

While I am pleased to note of your satisfaction on our overall experience of staying with us, you were disappointed on some of the areas of our service and facilities.

We appreciate that you brought to our attention the minor issues you encountered during your stay as this will enable us to correct and improve them and be able to serve our valued guests better, most particularly on the value and quality of our Internet service, the defective safe box, as well as your observation regarding our waiting staff in the restaurant.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we might have caused you and regret that we were not able to meet your full expectation of a Hilton experience on this occasion. I would like to assure that we have taken your comments as a constructive feedback and they have been discussed with the concerned department heads for necessary action.

I am pleased to know that the level of service you received from our team members, especially from Ahmed Kabeer and Aju, was able to offset the initial misgivings you have experienced.

Rest assured that your compliments have been conveyed to them.

Thank you for the recommendation and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

PO Box 33398 I Dubai I United Arab Emirates hilton.com I hilton.com/Dubai

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Booked 5 nights here and didn't do enough research would have preferred more facilities closer to the beach. It's an excellent hotel for 2 nights but limited facilities for price. Pool is very small but spectacular views. If busy no sun beds available. Long way from the beach. Standard rooms don't have a bath just a shower upgrade for better views and access to exec lounge but then you might as well upgrade to a better hotel with a spa and resort style facilities. Also i paid the upgrade and then found no alcohol on some nights if its a religious holiday so i don't think they should charge as much. The wifi is crazy - you get on hour free in the exec lounge and you can join it and go to your room but when your hour is up you have to go back to the lounge! Staff very very helpful. Just about walking distance to souks and metro station. Have a courtesy bus to Hilton on beach but only once a day and either side of beach hilton is a building site at the moment. Overall a good hotel but not for a holiday - better for a business trip. Choose hotels carefully - even on the Palm many still being built so you could pay top price and hear building all day. If you can afford it go for the one and only hotels or hotels in Madinat jumeriah look much better for a holiday.

Room Tip: High floor 09/10/11 and 12 have best views over creek and a clear day towards downtown and burj Khal...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Legolander706
HiltonDXBCreek, Director at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Legolander 706,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

My team and I are genuinely focused on wanting to create the best experience possible for our guests so we really appreciate it when someone takes the time to give us their feedback.

Whilst I truly regret to read that you left our hotel feeling disappointed with your experience of staying with us, we thank you for bringing to our attention some issues that you encountered while in-house as this will enable us to correct and improve ourselves to better serve our guests.

Though you expressed contentment over the service attitude of our team members, on which we are grateful for, you were quite dissatisfied with our facilities as you found them to be more suitable for business travellers and not holidaymakers like yourself.

Even if you showed less interest of coming back I hope none of the shortcomings you experienced will stop you from re-considering a future stay with us at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

Please feel free to contact me anytime should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Sincerely yours,

PO Box 33398 I Dubai I United Arab Emirates
hilton.com I hilton.com/Dubai

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for three nights, was a good base from which to arrive from the airport and explore. Front facing room afforded nice views across the creek towards the city, large bathroom, shame the spa bath didn't work though. Really liked the pool deck, small but managed to get beds on both visits and really enjoyed the view while soaking up some rays! The downstairs bar has a good choice of snacks and cocktails all served with a smile and good customer service (there are some questionable ladies that sit in the bar at night though....) Lots of selection for breakfast, though staff seemed to get confused quite easily though the restaurant was not busy. The gym was small but well equipped with quality machines. Would definitely stay again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Its worth requesting a room with a view over the creek.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DencBristol

Dear DencBristol,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am pleased to note of your satisfaction on our overall service and facilities, as this is what we strive to achieve at all times.

We are grateful that you found our location, bathroom facilities, the facilities and view in our rooftop pool, the Issimo bar service, breakfast offerings and gym facilities.

We are happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this occasion so well all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.

PO Box 33398 I Dubai I United Arab Emirates
hilton.com I hilton.com/Dubai

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here during last week of May and it was one of the most clean and efficiently run hotels we've ever stayed. The room was bright and spacious with fantastic views both day and night of Dubai. It was cleaned daily to a high standard with minimum disruption to our stay. The staff were courteous and most helpful both front of house and when going about their daily tasks. Breakfast was fantastic, couldn't ask for more from cereals, continental, hot buffet [with pork sausage and bacon an option] to freshly made omelettes with a choice of fillings! The hotel is well situated away from the hustle and bustle but convenient to get around being a nice walk to the Metro or great shopping mall at Diera City Centre. Really couldn't find any fault with The Hilton Dubai Creek, we loved it!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the creek side overlooking the mosque whilst even numbered rooms are overl...
2  Thank Paul S
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

My team and I are genuinely focused on wanting to create the best experience possible for our guests so we appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback.

It is really a pleasure to note that you were satisfied on the overall service and facilities we have provided for you during your stay, as this is what we strive to achieve at all times, especially that you found to your liking our location, room and amenities, as well as breakfast offerings.

Thank you for appreciating the efforts of our team members in ensuring that that you have an enjoyable and hassle-free stay with us.

We are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this occasion so we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you require my personal assistance with your next booking.