“A Disappointing Hilton”
Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

Ranked #100 of 554 Hotels in Dubai

We stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek for 4 nights. We arrived at 1am where
we were checked in by Althaf; I found his manner to be very unwelcoming
but I was tired & put it down to myself being a little irritable; an offer
of refreshments would have been most welcome at this point.
Our room was very impressive & had a great view of the creek, so no
complaints there.
We had access to the executive lounge where we could take breakfast
(limited menu), free soft drinks during the day & happy hour from 6-8 each
evening where some hot snacks were served. The area is quite small & was
unfortunately over-run with business people conducting meetings whenever we
ventured into there. They seemed to have no respect for other guests who
had paid for this facility & were quite happy to act as they would in their place of work, moving furniture about & generally just taking over the place; each one trying to talk above the other! This behaviour also happened at the pool area in the late afternoon on two occasions.
Breakfast in the lounge was quite limited but omelettes & bacon could be
ordered…but only do that if you have plenty of time; the service was a little on the slow side with a wait of up to 20 mins for an omelette......however, they were worth the wait!
Disappointingly free Wi-Fi is only available in the Executive Lounge & our
experience of it there was very frustrating as generally we couldn't connect. We had just travelled through Cambodia & Vietnam & had received a
better Wi-Fi availability & service throughout all the hotels we stayed in over there.
The pool area is quite small but a nice place to relax for a few hours.
We found the hotels lifts to be the most inadequate we have ever experienced
in a hotel; there are only two to service all guests, both holding only 8
people & taking forever to arrive when called. We found other guests to be
just as frustrated by this.
There is a small bar on the ground level which we visited twice. On both
occasions I was a little uncomfortable with the same couple of ladies who
were sitting alone at the bar; I found their behaviour towards some of the
business men a little dubious to say the least! Apart from that, the bar
has quite a cold, clinical feel to it, which was OK for a night cap but
wasn't a place I could have relaxed in.
The location of the hotel didn't really suit our needs & whilst we had
researched the area, with hindsight, a beach location would have been a
better choice for us… a word of warning if you are considering the Hilton by the beach, just be aware that there is major construction work being carried out at either side of the hotel, so you would hear the related noise.
On our last night we asked reception to re-book our pick-up time from 4:15am
to 5:45am the following morning; the phones were busy at the time & we were
told that it would be done as soon as a phone became available & that we should consider it done. However, we were awoken at 4:15am by reception calling us to say that our driver was waiting for us! Of course, the member of staff who was supposed to have done this for us was no where to be seen.
When we did check out it was the same unfriendly member of staff who had checked us in, Althaf; his manner being just as abrupt & unfriendly as it was four days earlier! I felt like we were inconveniencing him & was offended by his manner!
However, there were many staff who were friendly & helpful but compared to other Hiltons we have stayed in, we found this to be one of the worst & would not return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy B
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Wendy B,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I appreciate your time and effort in sharing with us your experiences while in-house thus bringing to our attention the issues you have encountered during your arrival and throughout your stay.

I have read each and every point you have raised and can understand your sentiments especially over the service and facilities we have offered that did not meet your expectations.

Based on your comments, your experience did not reflect the level of service and facilities that, we as a Hilton hotel, strive to achieve and provide our valued guests. Therefore, on behalf of the entire team, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Rest assured that your comments and suggestions have been noted and they will be taken into consideration during the time when we will upgrade our facilities, such as the offerings in the Executive Lounge and the Internet WiFi service, as well as to improve the service from our team members, particularly in the Reception, by carrying out staff re-training.

Regrettably, there are certain areas that you have mentioned that are beyond our control at the moment such as the size of the pool and the number of lifts.

We are sad to know that you were not satisfied with your overall experience of staying with us at the Hilton Dubai Creek and have shown least interest of coming back.

Nonetheless, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking as I trust that our shortcomings will not hinder you completely from considering a repeat stay with us in the future, and that you will give us the chance to improve with suggestions and redeem ourselves.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Dubai Creek

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years and are always happy. We have just had a couple of nights on our way to and from the Seychelles. It is ten minutes from the airport and the rooms are very good and offer a great view across the creek towards the Dubai skyline. We particularly like the roof top pool and the open air view. Two criticisms, the lifts are the slowest in the world and why stop serving alcohol at the pool from 4-6pm? No Islamic holiday and it did not happen the last time we stayed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank accipitor
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear accipitor,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am pleased to note that you always find satisfaction on your experiences of staying with us over the years and considered our hotel to be one of your favourites.

We are delighted to know that you appreciate our location, room facilities, as well as the view from the room and rooftop pool.

More importantly, we appreciate reading your honest comments with regards to the lifts and the non-service of alcohol at the pool area during a specific time period during your stay as feedback from our valued guests that enable us to improve our services and facilities. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these conditions might have caused you.

While I regret that we were not able to meet your full expectation of a Hilton experience on this occasion, I would like to assure you that I have taken note of all of your comments and we will take them, particularly your criticisms, constructively as a basis of our improvement.

Hope none of these slight misgivings will stop you from considering a repeat stay with us as we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've stayed here two times one night, and on my second time even got an upgrade. Unlike many other Hiltons, I needed to pay for Wifi. On top of that I wasn't told that you pay per device. So when I logged in with my tablet (whilst at lunch), I couldn't use my work laptop anymore unless i paid again for Wifi !!!
Hilton declined responsibility as they have an external provider. Maybe Hilton Dubai Creek should consider a decent provider?

Also, being woken up at 6am in the weekend because personnel are rattling with tea cups in the hallway isn't a pleasant experience. I really needed the rest after a whole week of hard labour.

Dear pladjis,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I appreciate reading your comments with regards to your experiences while in-house as this will enable us to know your feedback on your stay with us and it is with regret that I acknowledged your disappointment with regards to our Internet WiFi facility as well as the hallway noise that created disturbance.

As this is not the level of service and facility we strive to provide our valued guests, please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused to you because of these incidents during your stay.

While we are sorry for not being able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this occasion, I would like to assure that I have taken your comments seriously as constructive feedback to improve our facilities. I wish to share that we are in the process of improving our Internet facility to meet guests’ requirements.

Hope your recent experience will not hinder you from considering a repeat stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a nice stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek. The location was convenient, either a quick (depending on traffic) taxi ride or 30 minute walk to the spice and gold souks or water taxi station. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. My reservation was for a concierge level room, however I was told none we available when I checked in. The hotel dud not seem that crowded, and I was offered concierge level service at an added cost--seemed a little like a bait and switch to me, so I declined. The breakfast was a bit pricey, but there was an extensive selection and the food was good. I had a large 1st floor corner room right next to the mosque, but the morning call to prayer did not wake me up.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear mdkatzaz,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with your experience of staying with us and you found our location convenient and accessible to places of interest.

We are grateful for your positive comments towards our team members that made us happy knowing that we were able to meet most of your expectations.

My sincere apologies if any inconvenience was experienced with regards to your booking during the time of your arrival. On the other hand, we appreciate your feedback with regards to our breakfast offerings and room location.

I would assure that all of your comments will be taken constructively as basis of improving our service and facilities.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future and please feel free to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

With just a few days in Dubai I opted for a safe bet and booked in at the Hllton. I find at times this chain to unfortunately be very hit a miss with some needing a major facelift, however not Dubai creek this has to be the best ive stayed in so far.

Staff are very friendly, accommodating, efficent and with the extra focus here of the business customer i was impressed. Will stay here again hopefully for longer.

Roof top pool bar is a winner

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SingaporeAl
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear SingaporeAl,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I truly appreciate reading your positive feedback with regards to your experience of staying with us and delighted to note that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience.

I am pleased to note that you were satisfied with the high level of service you received from our team members, as well as on our facilities we have in the hotel, particularly our rooftop pool, since guest satisfaction is one of our main priorities we always strive to achieve.

Happy to know that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us so we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I never place hotels on my "favorite places' list, but this property is an exception. The service from the staff has always been excellent. The hotel is located not far from shopping centres and from the airport. Not on the beach, but in the old business district (Diera) along Dubai Creek. Rooms generally provide a view, although some just of the building next door. If you get a room without a view, just head up to the 14 floor pool and you won't be disapointed. Great business hotel, good couples hotel and ok for families. It is a excellent transit hotel if you have a layover.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kenneth J

Dear HHR Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I greatly appreciate your efforts in sharing positively your experiences while in-house and for giving other travellers a glimpse of what we can offer such as the option on room views to enable them enjoy their stay more.

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with our overall service and facilities, as this is what we always strive to achieve and provide our valued guest, and therefore, we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek so please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hilton Dubai Creek is a very solid quality business hotel.
First pleasant surprise was the staff attitude. I arrived really early - 8am, but still they provided me with nice room, so I was able to take the shower before heading to work. What really made my day me was this question: "Please have a look at your room, if you don't like it we will just change it on the afternoon". I actually didn't mind staying on first floor, but it was nice touch. That that careful, customer-focused approach throughout my whole stay, I felt relaxed, taken care of and important guest.
I really like spacious rooms, modernly furnished, with nice view (especially those Creek side), excellent bathroom.
Breakfast is generous with wide choice and finally good strong tea, not some stuff out of the packet.
I did use the spa service - very good physiotherapy massage with stretching, excellent after overnight flight.
I also like the location with lot of restaurant around, so I can avoid getting into the taxi on the evening, just walk to next place (at least possible during the off-summer).

2  Thank JakubWarszawa
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear JakubWarszawa,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am simply delighted to read of your positive feedback with regards to your experience while staying with us especially the service attitude shown by our team members.

It is a pleasure for us to note that you find our location, overall service, room, dining, and spa facilities to your satisfaction since as a Hilton hotel, this is what we always aim to achieve and provide to all our valued guests.

We are happy knowing that we were able to meet the expectations of your stay with us on this occasion so we all look forward to the chance of welcoming back again to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.