“Will they make it right?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

Ranked #91 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
“Will they make it right?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

There's a prominent sign in reception saying that Hilton will fix any problems and "make it right". We had an issue where we went to the Dubai Jumeirah Beach (free access for residents) and were given the wrong timings for the shuttle bus return which left us having to get a taxi back (not a short journey).

It wasnt a big issue in the scheme of things but cost us 80 dirams, the concerning thing however was the hotels reponse to fixing it or not fixing it as it turned out. I spoke to the concierge on the phone and was kept waiting for 15 minutes while they figured out what could be done. It seemed they were trying to find out who had given us the wrong information and hold them responsible. Eventually they came back and all that the head concierge would say was that he had been told to pay our taxi fare out of his own pocket. Upon my return I mailed the hotel manager and got a response just saying "its all fixed". So my conlcusion is they wont "make it right" at all.

Otherwise its a nice hotel but if you have stayed in a 5* hotel you would realise that this wasnt one. There were various niggles like the slow internet, slow lift, showers that went hot and cold etc. We were upgraded to a large room on teh fornt of the hotel as gold hhonors members which was nice, but bare in mind its facing a busy main rod. So overall its a nice hotel but I think you can do better unless you can enjoy the perks of hhonors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daveysuk
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear daveysuk,

Thank you for the time and effort in posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek with your family.

Whilst I regret to learn of your experience with regards to the hotel’s shuttle service from the beach, I appreciate that you brought this matter to our attention.

I am disappointed to know that while you find our hotel to your satisfaction, we fell short of your expectations on this occasion mainly due to the manner our team member has tried to resolve the issue you have encountered.

On behalf of my team, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family.

Despite of this misgiving, we are still positive that with our continuous efforts we can make things right for our guests and for that we will continue our endeavour of providing high level of service and facilities to our valued guests.

We will take your experience as a lesson for us to improve our problem resolution skills and have taken staff re-training as a priority to achieve this objective.

I hope that this inconvenience you experienced will not hinder you and your family from considering a repeat stay with us and that we can still look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.

In this regard, I will contact you personally to make it right and I trust that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our hospitality service.

T: +971 4 2127501 | Email: Tamer.Tantawi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
poole dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel close to all amenities but a little bit expensive excellent staff and services very ultra modern hotel. Roof top swimming pool excellent with greats views over the creek and city great for business, shopping and the beach club if u want to use it

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank vickytonyphillips
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear vickytonyphillips,

Thank you for your time in posting a concise review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

l am pleased to read of your positive feedback that reflects your overall satisfaction on our staff service and facilities, which we truly appreciate since we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton stay.

On the other hand, while you might find our hotel expensive, I would like to assure you that our prices are competitive and in line with the prevailing market.

It will always be a pleasure for us to serve you so we would look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Hilton Dubai CreekT: +971 4 2127501 | Email: Tamer.Tantawi@hilton.com
Leoben, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

A very comfortable stay from arrival fairly late in the evening to departure two days later. The staff was friendly, the room very comfortable. The most memorable being the view of the creek and the towel animals that were a wonderful welcoming gesture.
The concierge service and the executive lounge could be improved.

Room Tip: Ask for a Creek view room on as high a floor as possible :-)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tri-eyes
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear tri-eyes,

Thank you for taking your time in posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am pleased to read of your satisfaction on your experience of staying with us, particularly with the friendliness of our team members as well as our room facilities.

We are grateful for your positive comments especially for appreciating the fantastic view we have at our rooftop pool as well as the small gestures from our room attendant to make your stay more memorable.

On the other hand, we thank you for your constructive feedback and suggestion with regards to improving the service being provided by our team members in the Concierge and Executive Lounge.

Rest assured that I have discussed this matter with the concerned department head for necessary action.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future and please feel free to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek for 5 nights. Welcomed as a Diamond honors, and was escorted up to the executive lounge for check-in and received an upgrade to an executive floor room. What a treat! Great room with a great view of the creek. Plenty of storage space in the room. Breakfast in the exective lounge was very good, and in the evening they had good light snacks. The location worked well for us. It was relatively close to the airport, and in the old part of Dubai. From the hotel, there was about a 5 minute walk to the water-bus that runs every 12 minutes and takes you up the creek to the old souks for just 4AED. To get to the train station, that was about a 10 minute walk; and the train takes you to all the major locations in new Dubai. If you're visiting Dubai for the beaches, this is not the location for you. If you're visiting to see Dubai, and experience the older parts and the creek, this is the location for you. The hotel is first rate, and the service, and the employees are excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ats262m
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear ats262m,

Thank you for taking your time for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek and for sharing to other travellers your experiences of visiting Dubai.

We are all delighted to note of your satisfaction with our location, overall service and facilities, as this is what we strive to achieve and provide our valued guests, and we are thankful for your positive feedback that provides an impression that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience.

Thank you for your detailed account of your stay and for highlighting the areas that made it memorable.

I would like to also add that while we are situated in the city, we arrange daily shuttle service to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort for those who would like to enjoy the beach.

We truly appreciate your continuous patronage and loyalty to the Hilton brand and for choosing to stay on this occasion so we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek.

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

In full disclosure, I am a Hilton Gold member and used points to pay for this hotel. Dubai is an expensive city. While I didn't think the cost for this hotel was that bad, this was the final stay on an 8 day trip and didn't feel like spending any more money. With that being said, this hotel is very nice and for the price I would have paid, a great value for any tourist going to Dubai. After coming from the Four Seasons in Mumbai, I have to see the hotel had comparable service.

Dubai is a large city and very spread out. You will likely have to take a taxi anywhere you go, whether it is the many malls, tourist sites, or incredible restaurants. I originally had a room booked at the Ritz at DIFC, and while I did walk through the hotel, it was incredible, you may have been close to one site, but would have to cab to all others. This hotel is close to the souks, about a 15 minute walk. Everything else you will have to cab to. At the end of the day, this is the perfect place to dock while you explore. For business, I would have no problem working in this room all day.

The hotel itself was great. I received compimentary breakfast and it was outstanding. I also had a 1am flight out, they allowed me to check my bags with the hotel and use the health club to shower before I went on my flight and did not have to pay for an extra night that I wouldn't have used. The service is outstanding. The concierge arranged a car and driver for me to do a day trip to see Abu Dhabi and what I felt was a very reasonable rate. There are plenty of taxis outside the hotel, both fixed fare and metered fare.

The room was nice of which I have attached a photo. It had several electrical outlets, a safe, great bathroom, firm bed, and a nice view of Dubai Creek. The pool is on the roof (14th floor), and while small, gives you a great view of the Dubai Creek a long with the skyline to see the Burj Khalifa, if you can tolerate the smog. The Executive Lounge is nice and has a patio as well. When I was comparing rates, you could pay a small upcharge for royalty treatment and still be 50% under a base price for other "luxury" hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick C
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear MrEjection,

Thank you for your posting review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

We are grateful for your loyalty and continuous patronage to the Hilton brand and appreciate that you chose to stay with us on this occasion.

I am very pleased to read your review that provides an account of your experiences while in Dubai, in particular your stay with us and I am delighted to note that your words reflect your satisfaction on the overall service and facilities we have provided.

We are truly delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience and that you find our hotel dependable amongst many hotels in the city, providing interested travellers a glimpse on what to expect when they do stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we will use this as a motivational tool to continue our endeavour of achieving and providing our valued guests the highest level of hospitality service.

T: +971 4 2127501
Email: Tamer.Tantawi@hilton.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon in nov for 6 nights before we moved to
Abu Dhabi. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We advised it was our honeymoon and our room was upgraded. Our room was not ready when we arrived we were told we could change in the gym changing room and concierge took our suitcases. We went and relaxed by the pool waiting for our rom where we for a phone call to the pool
Bar phone advising our room was ready! Our room was gorgeous with great views of the creek rose petals scattered over bed and in bathroom with swans Made from towels made is feel very welcome and special for our special occassion. Hotel is great location to walk to gold souk and spice market. Locals all very friendly! Staff were all very helpful and couldn't do enough to help. We needed access to our Internet banking and staff let us use a computer with no charge. Great choice for breakfast. Always taxis outside the hotel and the concierges Happy to help you in anyway. We had such a fantastic time we are returning for our 1 year anniversary this November and we can't wait!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MrsR1011
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear MrsR1011,

I am very thankful for your time in posting a review of your stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek last November.

We are truly grateful that you appreciated all our efforts in ensuring that you will have a memorable honeymoon stay with us and of course, we are so delighted to know that with our usual high level of service and facilities, we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience.

I am happy to note that you have made the right decision of staying with us again so we all now look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Dubai Creek later this year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The property is very modern with ample restaurants, a rooftop bar, excellent executive lounge for HHonors members and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. There is a gentleman named Mani who runs the housekeeping on the 9th floor who absolutely exceeds expectations. He is an artist who creates animals out of towels and leaves them thru the room for you when you return. It leaves you wondering what he will create next. If you are fortunate enough to stay here and visit Dubai... Ask for Mani's floor... He will exceed your expectations.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rob S
Dear Rob S,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am pleased to read of your feedback that will surely give other travellers a glimpse of what we can offer and help make the right choice on where to stay in Dubai.

We are delighted that with our usual high level of service and facilities, we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience.

I am also grateful with all your positive comments especially towards our team members and for singling out the service you received from one of our Housekeeping attendants, Mani. We are proud to know that by doing his usual best, he was able to make your stay more memorable and satisfying.

It will always be a pleasure for us to serve you so we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.