“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #92 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
North of England
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as a stopover at the start of a longer trip and it really did everything we expected of it! We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis in an Executive room with lounge access which we used each day. The breakfasts in the Glasshouse restaurant were lovely and very varied with a choice of buffet or menu (or both!). The room was fantastic - spotless with a perfect, gleaming bathroom! We had a quirky towel crocodile on the carpet to greet us - very amusing!
We arrived early in the morning and were able to go straight to breakfast then into our room which was very welcome. As we were in this room category we were also collected from the airport for the short journey to the hotel and were taken back to the airport at the end of our stay.
The pool area is very small but was adequate for our needs although I wouldn't have wanted to have been on an extended visit to spend a lot of time lounging around on a sunbed - not much room!
The hotel is very handy for the City Centre Mall - I like this Mall - only a few minutes in a taxi at a cost of about 15 AED. Being really picky, then I would say that I was very surprised by the size (tiny) and number (2) of lifts in the hotel. We did have a few waits and there really wasn't room for more than 4 people in there at any one time but, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't really important - we weren't in a hurry!
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return again under the same circumstances, ie. a short stopover at a really good room rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scorching
HiltonDXBCreek, Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Scorching,

Thank you for posting your fantastic review!

T: +971 4 2127501 | Email: Tamer.Tantawi@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This a Great Business Hotel in the older part of Dubai.. I was here on a business trip and throughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel... The Bell Desk staff are execellent and very warm and friendly.. The rooms are large and spacious... The Hotel has fantastic views of the city and the Creek from the roof top swimming pool.. Its a easy taxi ride that will cost to AED 40-50 to the Dubai Mall etc...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Shailup
Dear Shailup,

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding the service and hospitality you received during your recent stay at the hotel, it was a pleasure!

Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here as a stop-over on our way home from a holiday in the UAE. The building is all glass, shiny chrome, marble and granite - very sleek, modern and stylish. Our room had fabulous views over Dubai Creek, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls. Again, beautiful bedroom and luxurious bathroom (complete with jacuzzi bath). We also spent a couple of hours at the pool on the hotel rooftop - great views of Dubai, and a nice way to spend a couple of hours in the late afternoon when it's not too hot.
Now the ""but's" ...
Like another reviewer, we had to wait ages for a lift on several occasions, as one of the two smallish lifts was out of service for much of our stay. We resorted to the stairs on one occasion, and ended up in the hotel kitchen! (It was just as clean and shiny as the rest of the hotel which was reassuring).
The waiting staff were very helpful and obliging, but drinks on the roof took a long time, and our food order was wrong when it was delivered.
With so many hotels in Dubai to choose from, this Hilton needs to up it's game if it wants to be successful in such a competitive market place.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Creek View room - you get to see the towers in central Dubai all lit up at night...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SnoopD4ve,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write about the hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback and clearly from your note we need to try harder and we will!

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is very well appointed and a short cab ride from the airport. Check-in was fairly quick and painless. Room was very nice and comfortable. On site restaurant/lounge left a little to be desired but wasn't terrible.Over all a good stay and nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear RDG636,

Thank you!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great place to stay, on the water, staff very nice, the rooms are very comfortable, beds are really nice, the buffet for breakfast is really good, the night life is typical Middle East night life, none....

Room Tip: Request a room with a creek view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelingKnome
HiltonDXBCreek, Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear TravelingKnome,

Thank you and enjoyed your comments!

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is just a great little hotel - it seems almost "boutique," but it has everything that is right with a Hilton property. As a single woman business traveler, my first concern is to stay somewhere safe and where I feel the staff is looking out for me. The employees here definitely did that! They were extremely attentive and personable. The desk personnel, and especially Stephanie, were the best. My room attendants, Badri, Sri, and Sneesh, did so many personal touches and addressed me by name whenever they saw me to ask how my day was going and if I needed anything. The towel animals were darling!

The rooftop pool is one of the closest I've ever been in. Sure, the refrigerated water was cooling, and the chairs comfy, but this is probably one of the best views in all of Dubai. Amazing.

Do splurge and get an executive club suite. You will make up the extra money by not having to buy water and other drinks the entire time you are in town. The club is great!

The location of the hotel is extremely convenient. it was a cheap and quick taxi ride to anywhere I needed to go. The staff even arranged a driver for me to go to abu Dhabi one day which was about the same cost but way better service than a taxi (and the taxis in Dubai are great!).

I took advantage of the free shuttle to the Hilton at Jumeriah Beach to hang out at the beach for a day. Definitely do this if you have the time. When looking at a Hilton property in Dubai for business, the Dubai Creek location is much more convenient.

I'll definitely stay here the next time I'm in town. I'll again use the super convenient Hilton on-line reservations.

Room Tip: I said on the 10th Floor. Don't worry about there being only two small elevators. They are qui...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Luv2Travel_DoU
new zealand
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on a lay over on my way back to New Zealand. It is best described as a business hotel and would suit the business traveler more that a family holiday, as a single traveler it suited me ideally. Its location directly opposite the Creek makes for some interesting views from the rooms. I stayed on one of the Executive floors. The room was large, extremely comfortable very well equipped. The standard of house keeping is what you would expect from a five star hotel, the room always being spotless. The staff were always attentive friendly and very efficient. The executive lounge was excellent with a good selection of food and drink all day. The swimming pool on the roof gives great views of the Creek. Taxis are cheap and the easiest way to travel round and to visit the main shopping malls. The hotel does provide a free shuttle to its sister hotel over at the beach, and if time allows is worth going to. I have always found Hotels in Dubai to be some of the best and the Hilton at Dubai Creek is no exception, I really enjoyed my stay there and I will no doubt stay here again.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HiltonDXBCreek, Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Kiwifarmer,

Delighted you had a nice time and enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for your kind comments, which has been my pleasure to share with the team.

Hope to see you soon!