“Enjoyed it”
Review of Grand Hyatt Dubai

Grand Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #46 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 18, 2012

i stayed with my friends in a huge apartment. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1toilet, living room , kitchen. We felt that we rent our own apartment as it was very spacious room. It was very clean and tidy. The only minus i found is that i took off the pillow case and i noticed that the pillow was dirty.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank kyprosAyiaNapa
There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Dubai

Reviewed December 17, 2012

One of my favorite hotels, it reminds me of Makati Shangri La, but only, this exquisite hotel is in the Middle East. I just love the grandeur this hotel exhudes with its high ceilings and open space. Service is great and the rooms are beyond expectations. No complains whatsoever. My stay here was flawless and is in my book my first preference for a Dubai stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shaiomarali
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is one of the oldest contempory hotels I first stayed here many times 8-9 years ago. Was very popular with the conference and coventions, as it is a large hotel with good conference facilities plus the location.

Location: Health care city, less than 10 minutes from the airport.About 20-25 dirham taxi ride to Dubai mall. It is now almost "in" the Dubai Healthcare City, one of the 3 hotels "in" the health care city (Raffles and Movenpick the other two).

Internet There is free internet in the lobby. There is a hefty charge for the rooms. In the conference area again there is a charge for it. This is a business hotel, make no mistake, it is not near anything touristy. In a business hotel the internet should be included.

Rooms Now it has been surpassed in modern design by many hotels since. If this hotel was built now there would be no wall between the bedroom area and bathrooms or have fancy glass between them. I was very lucky to have my company put me up in the Club level rooms. The rooms are large with a walk-in closet, iron, very comfortable bed, and desk. Club level rooms came with free internet. The bathroom is large with two sinks, tub, shower (strong), toilet area. I hate the french bidets.

Club lounge: I thought this was the best feature of the hotel. It is on the 14th floor. Quite large on both sides of the hotel with windows facing the aiport or the downtown. There are drinks available 24 hours. Evening meal is a meal in and of itself and for those on business they can forgo outside meals thus making the club level cost effective. The morning breakfast with eggs made to order is also excellent. Higly recommend the club lounge.

To do: the hotel is walking distance to the Raffles hotel, near the Wafi mall and next to the Grand Cinema plex. So there are a few things to do if you don't want to take a taxi and explore. There are many restaurants on site. Didn't try them but the steak place is highly rated in Dubai food magazine and Tripadvisor as well.

We have another conference here in April so have to be back hope they get me the Club rooms again! Without it paying for the internet breakfast etc would not be fun

Room Tip: If you can afford it Club level highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JeddaCath
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had stayed here 3 or 4 times before, so I knew what to expect. An annual conference brings me every December and this hotel is large enough to accommodate everyone. Rooms are spacious, comfortable, cleaning staff is thorough and unobtrusive and the only downside is that here, like everywhere else in Dubai, they charge quite a lot for internet (approx. US$15/day). The restaurants are good but they have a really odd system for lunch and dinner at the "buffet" restaurant. Although breakfast is a normal buffet, lunch and dinner involve using a card and having it swiped for each plate you walk around and choose. This is very awkward, makes for a slow meal and often you don't get what you really want. Then you pay what was charged but whatever happened to ordering a meal where the sides are included? Or a simple buffet?

It's right across the creek from the airport so it's a 28 dirham (US$8) cab ride - 5 minutes - and the area is good for walking. The Safi Mall is a short walk away and it's a city that's easy to walk in general. There's also now a metro station very nearby so you can actually get around the city better now than before from here. Again, if you like to walk as much as I do, you get to choose.

As I said, not the first time here and like before, any small problem was usually fixed quickly by the staff (burned out lamp bulbs, slow TV remote, etc.), so I feel pretty comfortable and unstressed there. Recommendable.

Room Tip: The hotel shape is a broad curve with the elevator bank in the middle, so if you get a room farther...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It was our first time in Dubai and our choice of the Grand Hyatt was a good one. I give it a 4 out of 5 only because of the location. We enjoy walking from our hotel to restaurants and shopping, but found we needed to take taxis here. Other than that we enjoyed our stay very much and wouldn't hesitate to return. The room was beautifully appointed, had a very comfortable bed, desk area, large bath and walk in closet. Twice we called housekeeping and they arrived instantly. They, as all the staff we encountered, were pleasant and courteous. The hotel itself has a calm open feel to it, and the pool, walking path, spa and gym are all very pleasant. A previous poster mentioned the taxi situation, but if you tell them your preference you get the one you want. The only other slight negative would be the one breakfast we had at the Market Cafe. We chose not to have the "buffet style" meal and ordered from the menu. It was unattractively served and barely edible. This was not a big issue to us as we stayed there for the hotel, not the food, and thereafter ate elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bassiemom
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The location is okay considering that wherever you stay in Dubai you will need transportation anyway (if on the beach, to get into town etc). One shopping center is within walking distance.

The hotel is attractive. Plenty of staff, all friendly.

The pool area is very large and attractive. Always plenty of room and never noisy.

Rooms are large and so is the bathroom. Rooms are serviced twice daily and bottled water is provided twice a day if needed. Don't forget to leave the do not disturb red light on if you want the room serviced (the switch is by the night-table and I had accidentally left the light on once when I went out but coming back and finding the room undone they came and did the room at once although it was almost evening). I also liked the walk-in closet for clothes etc.

My room in the least expensive class was more or less towards a highway (maybe 300 meters away) but thanks to the well isolated windows there was no noise (I am a light sleeper).

There are plenty of restaurants to chooce from and even a bakery and other shops.

I would stay there again for the large room, great pool area and plentiful restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank kauris
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed here repeatedly over the last year and have to say that after this visit will not be staying again. Room was very noisy, and the staff outside were very pushy about trying to get you to take one of their friends in a non meter taxi rather than calling for a normal taxi. This included telling me that there were no taxis available and that the fare was much higher in a meter taxi. When on checkout I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay, I replied no and the response was thank you. As a platinum gold passport holder, I would have expected more. Try the Park Hyatt instead.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Greencookie32
GrandHyattDubai, Marketing Communications Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

We are very sorry that your recent experience at Grand Hyatt Dubai did not meet your expectations. As our valued guest, we take your comments very seriously and are always striving to offer quality services to all our guests.

We have shared your review with our Director of Rooms and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Our sincerest apologies once again and thank you for taking the time to share your specific feedback with us.

Kind regards,