“It was Idylic”

Ranked #175 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Tonbridge
“It was Idylic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a great time in dubai, the food was great and the beaches fantastic will go back soon
WE visited the Atlantis and went firestone restaurant (great) We went for cocktials to The Burge (expensive) We went to the indoor market Matinat I think its called I need to visit again to search more places

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your very encouraging feedback.

Your positive feedback is a source of inspiration for our hotel and would drive our team to continue delivering superlative levels of service, comfort & security that our guests expect when staying at our hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support.

Please do feel free to write in to us if you would require any assistance with future bookings to be done.

Director - Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Visited with my husband and children the hotel has so much to offer that you almost forget to see the rest of Dubai. Lots in offer for kids and adults and food to die for different variety on offer every day freshly prepared. The staff all very friendly and attentive that you couldn't ask anything more for. Highly recommended if your visiting Dubai.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Desigirl2010
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa.

Informative feedback such as yours inspires us to consistently provide our guests with superlative levels of service they have come to expect from Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa.

Your generous praises for our associates are very gratefully received and they are really helpful to all TripAdvisor readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts !

We look forward to once again make your stay with us a truly exceptional one!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the executive suite and was very happy with this hotel. Agree with many reviews that it is aged. Executive suite was excellent, very spacious. Many clubs and restaurants. Great views. Comfortable. Would recommend the executive suites. Would love to see this place after a makeover

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank as07onm
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We have also made a note of the issues you have raised wherein there is scope of improvement.
The Resort is due to go in for a refurbishment soon.

Holetown, Barbados
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Its hard to know where to start with this one. I like it, or at least some of it and other aspects just make me want to scream. It is outdated for sure, but the rooms are immaculately clean and well appointed. The grounds are tended by an army of gardeners who are out at the crack of sparrows, grooming, raking and cleaning everything in sight. So far so good. There is a varied selection of restaurants and bars on site, from Mexican to seafood and Japanese which is also a major plus. The food is pretty good in all I tried, so wheres the catch you may ask. Well heres the other side of the story. The staff are inconsistent , sometimes they can not do a enough to help and sometimes they can't be bothered. For instance on one occasion I was by the pool and I asked for the wifi code. The response was 'you get it from reception'. As I was only in a pair of bathers I asked 'could you phone up for me and get it' to which the response was 'you have to go to reception'. Bored with this I asked to use the phone at the bar and I did it myself. The next incident involved my room, which was fine until until a group of lads moved into the room opposite (of suprising lineage for the amount of booze they consumed). After two nights of no sleep a room change was required with the same two requests I always have. Quiet and internet. So I changed and guess what no internet, so I changed again and the customer relations lady kindly gave me a suite. During this process one of the keys got lost, so whilst I was waiting to get a new key a full blown agreement took place between the porter and the desk clerk as to who had the key. I had to break it up and tell them that this was totally inappropriate in front of a guest, especially as I was wanting to get into my room rather than spectate an all out row. After four nights housekeeping changed my toiletries for a lower standard of shower gel etc as I was an upgrade . I thought this was so very petty and only went further to creating resentment. The tv's in the room are about as small as you can get away with and by some company in Japan that I have never heard of. It took four days to re stock my mini bar and there were numerous other glitches along the way. Would I stay there again, yes I would, because dispute its faults it had everything I needed and the good outweighed the bad by a long way. You do need to take somethings with you though when you go, and that is patience and a good sense of humour.

Room Tip: Choose a room where families are staying or you will be awoken by revellers coming back after the cl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank saltana
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review of your experience.

Your feedback (both good & not so good) is indeed of utmost importance to us and will be dealt with accordingly on a priority basis, so as to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel.

Please be assured that these issues will be taken up by the concerned authorities & dealt with in all appropriateness.

Grevenbroich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a two nights stay in this ressort and can recommend that.
Room: not classical in a big hotel, the rooms are in small villas, mostly no sea view, but ok. All is clean, the bathroom is in a good condition (had a standard room in House 17).
The beach is small but you have one! Pools are very clean, lots of helpful staff around.
Breakfast super, all you need is there. Fresh omeletts, continental/Uk breakfast, fruits etc. If its not too hot you need to eat on the terrace.
Restaurants I didn't check, seems to be ok and as well not overpriced.

I like it, sitting in the evening on the beach, having a tea with a shisha, morning bath, breakfast on the terrace.
This makes the business trip different!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to once again make your stay with us a truly exceptional one!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Breakfast - Average

Pool and Beach Area - we had to wait by the pool bar because at 4:00pm there were no sun loungers left.

Room - standard room was quite dated already - balcony floor and remote control was dirty.
There was something wrong with the A/C because it kept the floor very wet even though the balcony doors are closed.. The fridge was old model you had to turn a key to open it (and we struggled to turn it). Smell wasn't really pleasing - musky old smell.

Check-in: Disorganized staff - took over half an hour

Check-out: Slower and again disorganized - took 45minutes - we asked the supervisor who was at the counter - just left without returning to help overwhelmed staff (there were not alot checking out)

Pros
Reception lounge area - new and very clean
THai restaurant - food average but good customer service
Guy who works by the pool helping out guests in looking for sun loungers was exceptional - he works tirelessly with a smile and carries those umbrellas by himself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PAMJ32
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your feedback.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and will be dealt with accordingly on a priority basis, so as to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel.

Meanwhile, we continue to look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support.

Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

A regular staycationer, my partner in crime and I finally decided to give Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa a try. I hesitated a bit because, having had a massage in their spa before, I didn't feel particularly impressed with the people nor the facilities.

Positives first, the rooms are more than adequate, though somewhat dated. Instead of a high rise building, rooms are dividing among several villas with about 6 rooms each, so you feel like you're walking into a beach house. None of the rooms face the beach and all the facilities are about a minute's walk through lush green gardens and water features. There are plenty of dining options although I only tried their beach bar and Capanna Nuova (really good). If you want more, just take a stroll out to the main road and there are at least half a dozen more options. There are 3 pools to choose from as well as a private beach, all manned by life guards. I particularly liked the beach because it offers a bit of exclusivity and the cove somehow gives swimmers visual references if they waded out too far. Their gym is also more than adequate. This was actually the first hotel I've been in that had proper gym staff to help guests.

On the downside, the first and last impressions were awful for me, and for many other guests. Check in/out times are 3:00pm and 1:00pm respectively, an hour later than other hotels. When I called in to ask for early check in, the first staff could not give me any information nor confirmation (which was pretty unusual) but promised to call me back. A female staff later returned my call only to tell me that they're nearly fully booked and could not confirm my request "as of now". When I asked when she could confirm if I could have early check in or not, she replied "You can ask at 3:00pm"!!! That's proper customer service for you...She could have just told me flat out "Sorry, sir but we are fully booked this weekend" and that could have been the end of the story.

The drive towards the hotel entrance has always been a nightmare that this was no exception, since the hotel's entrance is right at a small side street from Beach Road.

Both check-in and check out was marked by confusion as the front office staff never gave any attempt at managing the guest's queues, so the lines were as confusing as Sheikh Zayed service roads during rush hour: it was basically every man to himself.

For the most part (but especially during checkout) the front office staff were slow and confused. A simple request for clarification on our bill resulted in a flurry of computer searches, walking around, opening and closing the cash box because he also dealt with part of his colleagues' transactions. He didn't even ask if we wanted to charge our additional room charges to our deposit (usually normal in most hotels). Everything was chaotic and confusing, which wasn't a pretty nice experience to start or end a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa !

Many thanks for your recent stay with us & for taking the time to post your review & your feedback on our resort & services. Our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused during your recent stay with us.

We sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback as it allows us an opportunity to reflect back on our product & services and effect the necessary changes so as to ensure that we continue to deliver a superior quality product with outstanding services, that our distinguished guests expect from us.

We do look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support ahead.