“Good facilities, lackluster service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa

Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #181 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai
“Good facilities, lackluster service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

A regular staycationer, my partner in crime and I finally decided to give Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa a try. I hesitated a bit because, having had a massage in their spa before, I didn't feel particularly impressed with the people nor the facilities.

Positives first, the rooms are more than adequate, though somewhat dated. Instead of a high rise building, rooms are dividing among several villas with about 6 rooms each, so you feel like you're walking into a beach house. None of the rooms face the beach and all the facilities are about a minute's walk through lush green gardens and water features. There are plenty of dining options although I only tried their beach bar and Capanna Nuova (really good). If you want more, just take a stroll out to the main road and there are at least half a dozen more options. There are 3 pools to choose from as well as a private beach, all manned by life guards. I particularly liked the beach because it offers a bit of exclusivity and the cove somehow gives swimmers visual references if they waded out too far. Their gym is also more than adequate. This was actually the first hotel I've been in that had proper gym staff to help guests.

On the downside, the first and last impressions were awful for me, and for many other guests. Check in/out times are 3:00pm and 1:00pm respectively, an hour later than other hotels. When I called in to ask for early check in, the first staff could not give me any information nor confirmation (which was pretty unusual) but promised to call me back. A female staff later returned my call only to tell me that they're nearly fully booked and could not confirm my request "as of now". When I asked when she could confirm if I could have early check in or not, she replied "You can ask at 3:00pm"!!! That's proper customer service for you...She could have just told me flat out "Sorry, sir but we are fully booked this weekend" and that could have been the end of the story.

The drive towards the hotel entrance has always been a nightmare that this was no exception, since the hotel's entrance is right at a small side street from Beach Road.

Both check-in and check out was marked by confusion as the front office staff never gave any attempt at managing the guest's queues, so the lines were as confusing as Sheikh Zayed service roads during rush hour: it was basically every man to himself.

For the most part (but especially during checkout) the front office staff were slow and confused. A simple request for clarification on our bill resulted in a flurry of computer searches, walking around, opening and closing the cash box because he also dealt with part of his colleagues' transactions. He didn't even ask if we wanted to charge our additional room charges to our deposit (usually normal in most hotels). Everything was chaotic and confusing, which wasn't a pretty nice experience to start or end a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa !

Many thanks for your recent stay with us & for taking the time to post your review & your feedback on our resort & services. Our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused during your recent stay with us.

We sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback as it allows us an opportunity to reflect back on our product & services and effect the necessary changes so as to ensure that we continue to deliver a superior quality product with outstanding services, that our distinguished guests expect from us.

We do look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support ahead.

Please do feel free to write in to us if you would require any assistance with future bookings to be done.

Many thanks once again & Warm Regards,

Director - Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

During my yearly visits to friends I would regularly visit and purchase Day passes and spend my days in this resort whilst friends are at work. I visited in June 2011, Feb 2012 and just recently on 15th May 2013.
I would normally check the cost day passes beforehand however as I had previous visited so many times I did not bother. The price had shot up from 75dhs to 100dhs and I had to pay 10dhs for a locker with an additional 50dhs deposit for locker key!!! (you do get deposit back on producing receipt and giving key back)
I queried it with a member of staff and was told it had gone up a few months back. With this I then presumed that the additional costs had gone on more improvements of leisure facilities.
How wrong was I ???! The towels were old, rough and were discoloured, the locker had some kind of damp problem inside, the changing room also had a damp smell and then the shallow end of pool was out of use (not good for a non swimmer!).
Costs of bottle water/soft canned drinks still remained at 18dhs (which is still high).
I was extremely disappointed and hope that they will improve their standards as I do have previous fond memories of my visits.
Until then I will continue to use Jumeriah Beach Park though this involves a taxi to station, metro ride and another taxi to beach and vice versa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sicillian
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa !

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review & your feedback on our resort & services. Our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused during your recent experience with us.

We appreciate your constructive feedback as it allows us an opportunity to reflect back on our product & services and effect the necessary changes so as to ensure that we continue to deliver a superior quality product with outstanding services, that our distinguished guests expect from us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the resort on your next trip to Dubai.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This property is part of Dubai classics. Not really for the tiny beach, but the nimerous clubs, bars and restaurants. I strongly suggest the Libanese or Thai dinings, the outdoor bar on the beach or the latino dancing.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your very encouraging feedback.

Your positive feedback is a source of inspiration for our hotel and would drive our team to continue delivering superlative levels of service, comfort & security that our guests expect when staying at our hotel.

We have also made a note of the issues you have raised wherein there is scope of improvement.

Please be assured that these issues will be taken up by the concerned authorities & dealt with in all appropriateness.

We do look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support.

Many thanks once again & Warm Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been a very regular visitor over 15 years as hotel was well suited to Business and Holiday combined. In past always catered for short Business and Local stays as centrally located near to Creek, Deira and Airport etc - hotel features good garden and pool areas with rooms situated in small (3 story) blocks dotted around small garden site. Usually a standard room provided large bed and seating area with reasonable working facilities and quiet environment throughout site.

Unfortunately hotel now caters for budget package tour clients. Consequently hotel and all outside facilities are very crowded and noisy - especially at night. Decor and buildings looking very tired - not surprising given current use.

I found reception staff to be unhelpful and levels of service to be poor. As a business traveller (booking direct via website) i was charged around £200 per night for a tiny overcrowded room of circa 3-4 mtrs size. Breakfast was overcrowded nightmare.

Given the quality and competitive prices now being offered in Dubai by major hotels, this hotel no longer as anything to offer the business traveller.

Room Tip: need to be well away from reception area and bars
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your feedback.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and will be dealt with accordingly on a priority basis, so as to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel.

Meanwhile, we continue to look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support.

Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

It is very good for 4 star reort. Don't hope for 5. It is the place for somene to say I have bean at 5 and for someone to say it is not realy 5 stars. Small private beach, lot of restaurants. Is it value for money... At least there is pools, beach, green grass and some palms. May be better to stay there than in city. Just look at the price and what You are looking for. Before staying there I stayed some nights in Movenpic Deira price was aprox same. I stayed in Dubai Marine in standart room. For 1 pax is OK, For 2 more or less as room is not big. Balcony room... by my mind price for it is too big, that was a reason I chosed standart.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your feedback.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here! It is supposed to be 5*, but I've been in better 3* hotels. The personal is not friendly, the rooms are very old and dirty. The whole place is an outdated cheap hotel. Avoid.
The rooms have views to walls, there are rooms in the basement, and the whole staff is just unfriendly. And all the guests here are russians.

2 Thank Sofiux
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent there 1 week! awesome! There are lots of places where you can go. Many shops around and a very nice own beach. 3 or 4 night clubs on their territory that work till 3-4 AM where people from other hotels and other places come. Beautiful restaurants with different choices of meals with a very pleasant stuff. also cute and cosy suites. I liked that place a lot! Will definitely come there next time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple