“Day Visitor Review of Leisure Facilities”

Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #181 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 28, 2013

During my yearly visits to friends I would regularly visit and purchase Day passes and spend my days in this resort whilst friends are at work. I visited in June 2011, Feb 2012 and just recently on 15th May 2013.
I would normally check the cost day passes beforehand however as I had previous visited so many times I did not bother. The price had shot up from 75dhs to 100dhs and I had to pay 10dhs for a locker with an additional 50dhs deposit for locker key!!! (you do get deposit back on producing receipt and giving key back)
I queried it with a member of staff and was told it had gone up a few months back. With this I then presumed that the additional costs had gone on more improvements of leisure facilities.
How wrong was I ???! The towels were old, rough and were discoloured, the locker had some kind of damp problem inside, the changing room also had a damp smell and then the shallow end of pool was out of use (not good for a non swimmer!).
Costs of bottle water/soft canned drinks still remained at 18dhs (which is still high).
I was extremely disappointed and hope that they will improve their standards as I do have previous fond memories of my visits.
Until then I will continue to use Jumeriah Beach Park though this involves a taxi to station, metro ride and another taxi to beach and vice versa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sicillian
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa !

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review & your feedback on our resort & services. Our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused during your recent experience with us.

We appreciate your constructive feedback as it allows us an opportunity to reflect back on our product & services and effect the necessary changes so as to ensure that we continue to deliver a superior quality product with outstanding services, that our distinguished guests expect from us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the resort on your next trip to Dubai.

There are newer reviews for Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This property is part of Dubai classics. Not really for the tiny beach, but the nimerous clubs, bars and restaurants. I strongly suggest the Libanese or Thai dinings, the outdoor bar on the beach or the latino dancing.

• Stayed: December 2012
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your very encouraging feedback.

Your positive feedback is a source of inspiration for our hotel and would drive our team to continue delivering superlative levels of service, comfort & security that our guests expect when staying at our hotel.

We have also made a note of the issues you have raised wherein there is scope of improvement.

Please be assured that these issues will be taken up by the concerned authorities & dealt with in all appropriateness.

We do look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support.

Please do feel free to write in to us if you would require any assistance with future bookings to be done.

Many thanks once again & Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been a very regular visitor over 15 years as hotel was well suited to Business and Holiday combined. In past always catered for short Business and Local stays as centrally located near to Creek, Deira and Airport etc - hotel features good garden and pool areas with rooms situated in small (3 story) blocks dotted around small garden site. Usually a standard room provided large bed and seating area with reasonable working facilities and quiet environment throughout site.

Unfortunately hotel now caters for budget package tour clients. Consequently hotel and all outside facilities are very crowded and noisy - especially at night. Decor and buildings looking very tired - not surprising given current use.

I found reception staff to be unhelpful and levels of service to be poor. As a business traveller (booking direct via website) i was charged around £200 per night for a tiny overcrowded room of circa 3-4 mtrs size. Breakfast was overcrowded nightmare.

Given the quality and competitive prices now being offered in Dubai by major hotels, this hotel no longer as anything to offer the business traveller.

Room Tip: need to be well away from reception area and bars
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Deepak D, Director of Sales at Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your feedback.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and will be dealt with accordingly on a priority basis, so as to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel.

Meanwhile, we continue to look forward to welcoming you & your distinguished guests at our hotel and to your sustained patronage & support.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

It is very good for 4 star reort. Don't hope for 5. It is the place for somene to say I have bean at 5 and for someone to say it is not realy 5 stars. Small private beach, lot of restaurants. Is it value for money... At least there is pools, beach, green grass and some palms. May be better to stay there than in city. Just look at the price and what You are looking for. Before staying there I stayed some nights in Movenpic Deira price was aprox same. I stayed in Dubai Marine in standart room. For 1 pax is OK, For 2 more or less as room is not big. Balcony room... by my mind price for it is too big, that was a reason I chosed standart.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and your feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here! It is supposed to be 5*, but I've been in better 3* hotels. The personal is not friendly, the rooms are very old and dirty. The whole place is an outdated cheap hotel. Avoid.
The rooms have views to walls, there are rooms in the basement, and the whole staff is just unfriendly. And all the guests here are russians.

2  Thank Sofiux
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent there 1 week! awesome! There are lots of places where you can go. Many shops around and a very nice own beach. 3 or 4 night clubs on their territory that work till 3-4 AM where people from other hotels and other places come. Beautiful restaurants with different choices of meals with a very pleasant stuff. also cute and cosy suites. I liked that place a lot! Will definitely come there next time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank -NaTaLiA-777999
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having night out with my friends and we spent a night on the resorts for FUN. We got an upgrade from junior suite to executive suite. if u staying on the hotel u will not need to leave it. Everything u need it u will have it. A lot of restaurants, bar, nightclub, kinds club, privet beach and swimming pool. The rooms are clean and nice they are on a villa style. The service is very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends