Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$173
Hotels.com
$300
$249
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
$228
$189
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$240
$191
$1,450
$1,225
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachsho chobalcony roomlebanese restaurantkids poolbars and restaurantsreception staffbuilding workstar servicebuilding sitespecial thanksburj khalifaamazing hotelpoolstaxilounge
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just got back from a surprise birthday trip with my husband and we spent 2 nights at this resort. I have stayed at several 5* resorts in Dubai over the years such as Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Al Qasr and in comparison I would say this is no more than 3* at best. The hotel is in serious need of an upgrade, the rooms are not very well maintained. I had a shower and there was only hot water for 5 minutes and then it started to get cooler meaning my husband had to have a cold shower. In our room the hairdryer didn't work (strong burning smell and smoke coming out) I called housekeeping and instead of sending a hairdryer for me to use, sent a member of staff to check that it was in fact 'not working'. The replacement didn't arrive until over an hour later by which time my hair was dry (albeit a frizzy mess). I asked the technician about the hot water and unbelievably he said to me that the tank is only a certain size and you only get enough hot water that is contained in there, this basically meant that unless my husband and I showered together, one of us would have to have a cold shower. Service in general, especially on check-in was not very friendly and very dissappointing. Definitely not what I would call 5 star service. I would even go so far as saying that I got the impression they were somewhat racist. I remember distinctly one example when my husband and I were approaching the lobby door, there was a doorman there who saw us approaching but didn't open the door for us, 30 seconds later a white couple approached and he opened the door and greeted them with a smile. This was the 9th time I have visited Dubai and this is the first time I have experienced this sort of prejudice and it really left a nasty taste. I would definitely no go back to this resort even if they reduced their rates to £30 per night!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chan15
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've stayed twice at this hotel, each time for 5 nights, the first stay I was in a room in the far corner of the resort and was woken by the nearby Mosque's call to pray very early in the morning, but the management upgraded me to a suite away from the mosque that was extremely large.
The resort is a collection of small villas (about 6 rooms in each I would guess)located down a lovely pathway with waterfalls, stream and plants, this is on one half of the resort, the other half contains the pools, bars and restaurants.
I've eaten in 2 or 3 of these and all were fantastic food and great service.
The resort has it's own private beach area.

The only downside of the resort is that it is a bit out of the way, but as taxi fares are so cheap in the UAE this should not put anyone off, after all in the heat you don't tend to walk too far anyway.

I'll definitely stay at the resort again

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the reception area and not in the far corner near the mosque, suites are well worth the extra money
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Trevor H
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed 5 nights. I booked it because we wanted to be by the beach and at a hotel with a large swimming pool. Location perfect. Interesting village-style chalets set among trees, scrubs, streams and waterfalls - resembling a tropical setting. Food very good, especially the buffet in the Thai restaurant and Grill Night in the open air beside the beach But...

the supposed 5-Star experience was let down by the following:

[1] Poor service all round. Sullen, joyless east Europeans/Russians on the front desk, and careless servicing of the bedroom. I was especially bemused by the explanation given for not replenishing the mini-bar every day - they have too many rooms (195) to re-stock all min-bars every day. Odd, since I presume they manage to change the sheets and clean the bathrooms of all rooms every day - it is just poor management and poor customer service. And melted/refrozen chocolate bars that I had to get replaced. And two dry cleaning forms but no laundry form when I wanted to have my washing done.

[2] Water in the main pool not warm enough to swim in (I saw nobody in the pool in 5 days).

[3] 20-30 pigeons around the beach bar and lounging area on the beach and shore. They sat on the roof of the pool bar and on several of the sunbrella's - defecating on hotel property. Not the sort if sight you want to see while you are sunbathing and trying to relax.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael E
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very nice and cozy place almost in the center of Dubai. It is situated 7 km away from the heart of the city and next to the local open beach. It has a very nice green territory but small. There are two swimming pools and personal beach what is seldom for Dubai. The beach is also not very big, it looks more like harbor. On the right hand of the beach, the cargo port is under construction. To my opinion it is not a plus for the the place that is called beach resort. but the general view is nice. Sunbeds are placed to your wish, both on the sand and on the green lawn. There are more than 5 eating and entertaining places like restaurants, open bar and even disco on the territory of the hotel. It is open for public and due to this its getting very crowdy in the evening. The most popular are Italian and Thai restaurants. There is a spa center but the prices are very high. One visit may cost you around 100 $. As for the rooms. We stayed in standard room and it appeared really standard. Very small and plain. It didn"t have even balcony. All rooms have garden view. The bathroom was ok but there were problems with water runoff what was not convenient to use.
You can find shopping center, cafes, coffee place and grocery store nearby the hotel. The currency exchange is situated in the grocery store( on the opposite side)
It will take you 10 min to get to the center by taxi and it is very cheap, only 15 dhs (approximately 2$) So, the general impression of the hotel is nice, firm 4, but as you have already read there are still many things to be desired. It depends on what are you expecting to get from your vacation and what you are going to compare it with. I think that this hotel has 5 stars only because of its location and private beach. As you probably know it is almost impossible to compare 5 stars hotels in different countries. Each country has its own rates and criteria.

Room Tip: all the rooms have garden view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We took a one day pass to enjoy the beach and the pools on a weekend. We went as a family with our four year old daughter. We had lunch at Al Qaser which was good. We came down to rest by the pool when a staff stopped us and and asked us not to use the beach chairs saying it was meant for those who were staying with them. We told him we have a one day pass. After a while the security approach us demanding to see our pass. We were the only people who were targeted... I mean there were so many people around why only us? We even had our daughter with us. Thye should have had the commonsense to understand that nobody brings their familty to such a place without paying up.. I guess it was the brown skin which annoyed them.. If they want only the fair skinned they should bloody well write up in their ads that they dont welcome brown skinned asian. What a waste of time and money and we went back home bitter.. steer clear...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family