Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$182
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$172
Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
$354
$268
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
$228
$189
$272
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$233
$118
JW Marriott
$263
$191
$1,345
$1,225
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachsho chobalcony roomlebanese restaurantkids poolbars and restaurantsreception staffbuilding workstar servicebuilding sitespecial thanksburj khalifaamazing hotelpoolstaxilounge
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in July 23-25th. Reception was not what you would expect out of a 5* hotel. Staff could only speak basic English so they could not explain the features of the hotel well. Room was clean and pleasant, large (suite) and no extra fees were charged for provision of a cot. Bathroom was spacious but is in dire need of updating its fittings. Shower head looked old and grubby. One thing that really annoyed me was the smell of cigarettes in the room. It seemed as if it was coming through the a/c vents??
The bed was DIVINE! Hadn't had a sleep like the one I had there for a long time!!
Location is really good. Not far from anything.
Breakfast wasn't that great. No large selection and cooked foods looked a bit suspicious. Omlettes were delicious so we stuck to those.
Small incident happened when cleaner took my daughter's pyjama was taken by mistake along with the linen. We only realized before we went to bed and we had to ask twice and only got the items returned to us once we asked the second time in the morning. I'm happy the items were returned but I would have been happier if they were not taken in the first place or at least returned when I first asked for them.
Pool area is great but pools are not that big. It's clean and staff in this area are courteous. Overall Im not sure if I'd stay there again given the vast amount of hotels available in Dubai and if not for the location I don't think I might have stayed there in the first place.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Melanie C
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After a busy trip around Asia, a relaxing break here was exactly what I needed.
Clean, spacious and beautiful room in the "basement" of a villa. Beautiful scenery all around the complex. Helpful staff. A choice of two pools. Excellent spa.
Unfortunately the beach was closed during my stay due to high tides and damage caused by them but we were kept informed regularly about usage.
Worth going half-board. Breakfast buffet and lunch buffet were stunning with a brilliant choice each day. Lots of choice for dinner but could be pricey.
If you are looking to stay near the Palm and Mall of Emirates etc this will not be for you - about 25-30 mins drive away and taxis no longer cheap on such a long journey!
All in all, wonderful and perfect for my purposes this time around - maybe not for those wanting to see more of Dubai than the poolside.

Room Tip: Try for a balcony room if you feel you'd use it. The basement room was nice but a balcony is on a higher floor and would have been nicer!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Nice and Tidy rooms.
nice for couples
pooooooooooooor breakfast buffet
you can find great activities inside the walls of the hotel.
the pool is quit big and lovely
you should try the boats and diving there
i can recommend it for family and couples, and business as well

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mazaaaj
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were so well looked after at this hotel, the service here is amazing. We had an old style room but that was no problem, we weren't in it that long anyway. It was spotless, spacious, never ending water and fruit left in room.We stayed in a wonderful room with a fantastic view. Everything worked smoothly in the hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights but not highly impressed with the hotel, in past i have stayed in rotana and hyatt chains and they are far better then this one
Arrived at hotel was asked to wait for 2 hours before i can get my room, ok acceptable as i arrived 11 in morning but no proper area to sit and not even offered a glass of water...the receptionist was not friendly at all and was full of attitude...first informed me no breakfast in my booking..however with agoda the breakfast was included...i said thats fine, i will pay for breakfast and will claim my money from agoda for the breakfast...then after 10 mins, she said ok i checked with manager and breakfast will be free...

The area to go to room had long walk but they provide golf cart but thats normally one way when you are going to your room...when coming to lobby you normally have to walk all the way...esp in summers its difficult due to hot weather...

i booked a suite, which was small in size then expected...room was very very small that there was no space to walk...lounge area was ok in size but not very big...bathroom was decent size...AC system was impressive and we use to feel cold after few hours in room

The overall staff was very rude...all had attitude in them...esp security and people at reception...it seems they didnt know how to smile or greet customers...i assume this is coming from the top...if your head management had attitude then all other staff with follow the same

hotel had nice view and restaurant, however it gets over crowded at night due to club and sometimes they do not even allow your taxi to enter the hotel, you have to get on the road and walk inside the hotel

The breakfast was not impressive, same menu every day and very basic items on the buffet.....
my son was not well so didnt come for breakfast once and we just tried to take one box of yogurt for him which probably didnt even cost 1 dhiram and the manager stopped us saying its not allowed and you should bring child here...

my overall experience was not good at all and i will not be staying in this hotel again for sure...

if i pay extra money i prefer the best from the hotel, but dubai marine beach resort was not upto my expectation

Room Tip: if you like attitude even after paying....its the best for you
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family