“Iftar At Taj Palace - Best in Dubai”

Jood Palace Hotel Dubai
Ranked #256 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Attended Iftar at The Taj Palace in their lobby tent. A really magnificent choice of starter, main course and dessert. I have never experience such wonderful spread of food all freshly cooked and really yummy. We had difficulty in tasting everything there was so much and all for AED 139. A real Arabian treat and the staff were really helpful. I would recommend if you want to try authentic Iftar. They also cater for groups in their Banquet Suite.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulSS_12

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The very first thing I would like to point out to my fellow travelers is that this is a "dry" hotel, means no alcohol available. This may be the only 5* hotel (or 4*..?) in Dubai which may not have alcohol available.

I got an excellent rate through www.dnatatravel.com which was almost 50% less than other booking sites. For that price, the hotel is perfect to stay. The rooms are really huge and the bath room also big, a nice balcony too. There are separate partitioned space for bath, toilet & tub. I seen a lot of comments about the rude nature of the staff, but for me everything was perfect, usually this will depends on the staff who is attending you (the front office staff Ms. Martina was very friendly to me). The welcome drink on check in was very tasty.

I tried to call their Al Waha restaurant many times and it was almost impossible to reach them, nobody will pick the phone. I had a cobone voucher for a buffet sea food dinner at this restaurant, which was just ok for the price I paid (and not for the hotel rates). I heard wi fi is very costly there, but I didn't used it as I have internet connection on my mobile. The valet parking also worked fine. It was strange to see that the mini bar is locked by with a cable tie.

In a nut shell, I will suggest this hotel for short stay, if the rates are cheap. Its already late to think about free wi fi, and I really doubt whether this hotel is a part of the famous Taj hotel group itself..?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank IsaacKerala
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed in Dec '2013 in Taj hotel, it was a fantastic experience. The rooms really big and clean. Very nice Indian food and amazing hospitality. Also very close to the station and can get taxis very easily.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AkNiBangalore
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel was chosen by us for a short 5 day holiday to dubai. some of the things which were great about the hotel were the size of the rooms and the qulity of service. the hotel is located in Deira and very close to the Al rigga metro tube station (800 meters or so). the hotel is close to the deira city center (10AED by a cab). overall a good hotel with good service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ritwik25
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Extremely disappointing. The rooms although are good but the people working there are as rude as they can be. I would not hesitate also to use the word racist for them. The guys are themselves Indians, and treat others other Indian guests as if we have come for free. I can quote a lot of bad experiences here, but just to point out one of them. We had checked out from the hotel at 10, while we had booking till 12. We came back at 4 and asked the bell boy,(an Indian) to get our luggage as we were leaving for the airport. The guy went and got the bags, kept it outside and left, without a word. In a minute he came out for with another American guests luggage, went all the way to the car, loaded all of them, greeted them a safe journey and asked if they needed anything else. We were very thirsty and asked the same bell boy for some water. He came back in a minute and said, sir sorry you guys have already checked out, and we cannot give you water. ???? We were just amazed. I mean we stayed for 3 days there, and 4 hrs later, we were denied water... And this is just one example. In a stay of 3 days I guess we got this kind of behavior from the staff at least 20 times. The only low point in our whole Dubai trip. I have never experienced such behavior from a hotel with Indian origin. I recommend any Indian not to go there, if they want their dignity to be respected. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, lalit ashok, hyatt, ambassador, etc etc but never felt so bad. If any taj representative actually cares to go deep and further know about our experience , they may send me a mail at kaustavismyname@gmail.com and I will share my number.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kaustav2014
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is nice but dated. Rooms are massive and clean. Bathroom is big. Shower is good, bath tub was very old. Our tv didnt work we had to ask about 3 times to have it fixed. Pool is beautiful but they do not serve alcohol. Food is good, but very overpriced, good choice of restaurants in the hotel. Wifi is off the charts expensive and took time to get set up. The day time manager was fabulous so helpful. The night time manager not so great. The conceirge sevice was great. Overall staff were lovely but everywhere is Dubai is exceptional for this. The lobby was stunning, its a bit outside of city but everywhere is a cab ride no matter where u are in Dubai and taxis are very cheap because of this. Overall i was happy. I am giving it a very good rating because i think it was above average.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014

To be frank its better than average, better than metropolitan palace in deira, room size and bed size is good, clean, the breakfast is really average, access to airpot excellent, you can arrange your daily travels with the metro near it.

• Stayed: June 2014