Jood Palace Hotel Dubai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsal rigga roadmetro stationdry hotelno alcoholindian restaurantclose to the airportroof top swimming poolother hotelsbedroom apartmentwelcome drinkfamily hotelearly checkrooms are largeclub roomexcellent hotelcomfortable staychecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Taj palace – A Wonderful hotel in contemporary style and close to the airport. The “check in” was smooth and my family was stunned as we went into the room we stayed. Sorry we it wasn’t a room , a more of a service Suite .It had a kitchen, living room, two bed rooms with attached toilets and there was another small room with attached toilets and an additional toilet too and a large massive balcony. In one hand we felt king size for the room given to us, but on the other hand we felt why in the world they have such additional toilets and extra rooms. Looks like this was something bought out of the box and just named it as Taj, where they did not have an option of changing the rooms which were already built.

We stayed here for 4 days alone and in most of the time we were out of the hotel, hence we did not use most of the other facility which was available in the hotel. But we did have our breakfast there as part of our package. The restaurant which server the breakfast was good and had many Indian dishes. They were made tastefully and no complaints about the place. But it is a business hotel, so we can expect a variety of food for breakfast.

Now looking at the pro and cons

Pro's:

1. Taj Hotel name as a brand still stands tall in an Indian mind.
2. Pretty close by to the airport - just 10 - 15 minutes
3. Comfortable and large rooms
4. Restaurant which server the breakfast was good and they had a good number of dishes to choose from.

Cons:

1. The rooms air-conditioning thermostat was not working properly.
2. The balcony in the rooms were not cleaned to the appropriate expectations and sometime when leaned on the railings, they stained the dresses.
3. Asking for security deposit when checking in even after we paid the full room rent was a little disappointing, but yeah can adjust since this is something needed by the hotel. But this can be done if they have had experience in people going off without paying any additional cost for using any of the payable items.
4. In any of the TAJ hotels in India, when a kid comes to their hotel for stay, they are welcomed with a small gift, i think this is done in almost all the TAJ hotels, which is a good touch which was missing miserably.
5. There is no activities or recreation for Kids in the hotel. it can be called as a business hotel, but kids stuff is a must for all types of hotels which is missed.
6. Contemporary is fine but when it shows the age, then contemporary style becomes bad. This was one of the major issue which TAJ might face in Dubai. I think it is high time that they do something about it especially in the rooms.
7. It was my birthday on the 17th of October and looks like my wife had made a request to the Taj hotel to serve us a cake, but looks like this was completely forgotten by the hotel staff, which was a great disappointment to my wife.

Overall, a good hotel with good food and staff but needs improvement with the Cons which i have mentioned in my points above.

Room Tip: If you go as a big family, choose the apartments...they are cheap and good...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Praveen Kumar R
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time during my business trip to Dubai. Reservation was done through booking.com with excellent price for Taj club King room. I requested by email for late checkout and i was given until 14:00 hrs. Upon check in I found that check out for Taj club was until 16:00 with free wifi and many other complimentary services which was not mentioned.
Room is spacious and well maintained. Convenient location as metro is just 400 meters away. Lot of fast food, Restaurant and malls in the vicinity. Staff are warm and welcoming. Fitness center is well equipped. Executive lounge had nice choice of snacks for high tea excluding hot drinks as this hotel has a policy of no alcohol which was fine.
Some draw backs as Min. toiletries were provided in the bathroom and not refilled after room cleanup.
On Checkout I found quite a few bills had been added to my invoice without my knowledge. Receptionist was prompt and kind enough to clarify these additional bills and get them sorted out without much delay. Also I would like to thank them for extended time for late check out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Anthonym M
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was a guest of Dubai Tourism to the Taj Palace in Dubai. From the friendly immigration officer at the airport to being received like a celebrity by the chauffeur with refreshing hand towels and drinks in your car set the mood for our stay at the Taj Palace. Friendly reception staff and ice cold drinks are the little things that all travelers look forward to when they arrive at the hotel.All the rooms, dining areas, gym, swimming pool and the ambiance met our expectations. What I did miss was the Indian feel on entrance, the Taj Palace did make me feel like a Queen but not a MAHARANI (Indian Queen). A full review will be published in the November 2012 issue of Sutra Magazine, South Africa, online copy is available on iPad apps

Sherita Kommal, Managing Director of SUTRA, South Africa

Room Tip: Rooms that we used on the 6 and 8 floors we very good, no noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherita K
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here in March 2011. It was my first hotel stay in Dubai. Since then I have tried many different hotels in Dubai. None of the other hotels matched my first impression of the Taj Palace. So in September I booked a room on the club floor. I was so disappointed. The hotel is in need of renovation. The wallpaper is peeling, the furniture looks old, and the room does not have a DVD player. In addition, the food served on the club food has gone down in quality. I was the first person there for high tea. The food was already cold and soggy. Same next day. The food in the restaurant for breakfast was not much better. The location of the TAJ is good. It is about 15 minutes from the airport. You can walk to several local restaurants in the area. It is also located near City Center mall for us common people. The mall is a short taxi ride. On the second floor is a nice supermarket. It is like a Super Wal-Mart a very well-stocked grocery store and department store. The mall has a nice mixture of stores.
On a positive note for the Taj, the staff is still very friendly and accommodating. Out of all of the hotels I have booked in Dubai, this staff rates the top.

Room Tip: Choose the club floor. Try to get a room over looking the city and not the next door appartments.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Daxiz
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Though i stayed here sometime back forgot to write a review.
Excellent property with big rooms and big beds ,bigger families can take apartments which have a dining room and washing machine etc along with microwave.
Rooms have huge toilets with separate cubicles so no issues for family stay unike the hotels of hongkong and bangkok which have glass windows.
The restaurant serves the best Indian food around,my parents who have stayed here before were addicted to the food as were my kids.
breakfast spread is little disappointing as it looks like more of a business hotel spread rather than a luxury hotels.
During tourist season the staff is overworked and less also so the rooms cleaning on time may be an issue.
MTR is close by so no problem in that.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family